Main Menu

The owner today

Started by nose, April 02, 2016, 08:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: MJG on April 03, 2016, 04:46:19 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 03, 2016, 12:51:44 PM
Quote from: MJG on April 03, 2016, 07:00:33 AM
Happy to criticise whoever,  but not for the sake of it.
I've given reasons for team selection elsewhere,  you may not agree with that but I can understand what he was trying.

Your calling me an idiot it seems,  well fair enough,  I of course disagree but that's your call.

I'd say I'm fair in my views but this 's the second post in as many days you have had a go at people who you say' tow party line'
I know I'm seen as one of them but you know what I don't care. I believe I have maybe a more realistic view of what's going on and not one that has small limited agendas.

My reply was petty much a fact. How about his visit to MP,  maybe that was the ralling cry you wanted. Maybe that made all the difference. You and I just don't know do we.

You are right, there are some on here who seem to have "small limited agendas" and its frustrating trying to debate with them.

I always try to see the "other side" however bizarre but some see this kind of media as an opportunity to be superior while sometimes, a bit like txt'ing the message comes over blunter than is meant.

IMO you share your inside knowledge in a correct and precise manner but (again IMO) you do have a tendency to come over as humourless and supercilious which may rub some up the wrong way.

Back to the point.
I worked at Harrods until just before MAF bought it and some of my friends revealed he could be a nasty piece of work to deal with which clouded my judgement when he took over FFC.

Over time my view changed and to the end I couldn't have wished for a better owner, therefore I'm open minded about Khan.

That doesn't alter my perception on his leadership up to now, I say perception because none of us are close enough to the heart of the club to know all the facts.

But!
Take away the money he has spent and the sense I have of his time in charge is AMATEURISH !
That's clearly not correct but its the impression, view or appreciation of the running of our Club I get.

Yes! We all know about the difficulties of being relegated from the PL and all the problems associated with not bouncing straight back etc etc and yes we know some on here refuse to see the obvious but...........

He has been the owner long enough now and there is a history of platitudes with his name on that have proved to be either rubbish or vague at best, so would his attendance at more matches improve the running of the club and the performances on the pitch? 

Maybe, maybe not but to use that word again "Perception" it might not be a small part of the marginal gains all business's (sports or otherwise) should be searching for but people would see it as a positive step.   

Anyway!  onwards and upwards!
I'll take humourless over being bitter and twisted as some are.

Homourless Bitter and Twisted
Good name for a Jok & Jol band that.
Nogood "this is a game, isit" Boyo

J

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 03, 2016, 08:33:50 AM
I actually believe he doesn't even like the game.
Did he buy us off a whim,has he got too much money and
doesn't know what to do with it.?
Questions he alone can answer not us.
MF  was in the same situation , but he became involved.
If he could turn up for Motspur Park he could have stayed
on for yesterday, or did he have an old banger to sell?
Like to see a bit more  of him as I've forgotten what he
looks like.

I actually believe you're actually a Chelsea fan and you are criticizing Khan because you have a crush on abramovic

And until Khan responds to your comments you aren't allowed to dispute this

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: J on April 04, 2016, 07:14:03 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 03, 2016, 08:33:50 AM
I actually believe he doesn't even like the game.
Did he buy us off a whim,has he got too much money and
doesn't know what to do with it.?
Questions he alone can answer not us.
MF  was in the same situation , but he became involved.
If he could turn up for Motspur Park he could have stayed
on for yesterday, or did he have an old banger to sell?
Like to see a bit more  of him as I've forgotten what he
looks like.

I actually believe you're actually a Chelsea fan and you are criticizing Khan because you have a crush on abramovic

And until Khan responds to your comments you aren't allowed to dispute this

lol...

win-dup

Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2016, 11:51:32 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 03, 2016, 11:29:53 PM
1500.gif
Quote from: Twig on April 03, 2016, 04:34:10 PM
I don't criticise him for failing to turn up per se.  However I do wonder why he bought the club; he doesn't appear to enjoy watching matches and rarely attends, he isn't making money out of his purchase, he apparently has no plans to move the club and develop riverside real estate, he has no emotional connection with Fulham.  So why on earth did he buy FFC? Very puzzling.

Very very puzzling.  1500.gif
I'd rather puzzling than have him do an Al fayed and do everything he could to sell the cottage.

Er, what makes you think Khan isn't doing exactly that?

Arthur

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 03, 2016, 12:25:04 PM
Football matches are won on the pitch... not in Boardrooms, Hospitality Suits, and Private Yachts.
That's where he should be, at the pitch side...
He doesn't bother to attend matches, because he isn't bothered...

But football matches aren't won at the pitch-side, are they? They are won on the pitch itself. Your own comment informs me so. And they are certainly not won by Chairmen and definitely not when 'pitch side' actually means the stands rather than the pitch-side where the manager is to be found.

You clearly think Khan should have been at the game and that his absence was a reflection on his unwillingness to get involved. It's an opinion for which I would have more respect if it, at least, acknowledged the visit he made to Motspur Park and gave him some credit for doing so. That you would rather ignore this in your keenness to paint a picture of a Chairman who has let his Club down this weekend, and that you then compound your lack of balance with a contradictory argument does not serve your view at all.

Logicalman

Quote from: win-dup on April 04, 2016, 09:40:46 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 03, 2016, 11:51:32 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 03, 2016, 11:29:53 PM
1500.gif
Quote from: Twig on April 03, 2016, 04:34:10 PM
I don't criticise him for failing to turn up per se.  However I do wonder why he bought the club; he doesn't appear to enjoy watching matches and rarely attends, he isn't making money out of his purchase, he apparently has no plans to move the club and develop riverside real estate, he has no emotional connection with Fulham.  So why on earth did he buy FFC? Very puzzling.

Very very puzzling.  1500.gif
I'd rather puzzling than have him do an Al fayed and do everything he could to sell the cottage.

Er, what makes you think Khan isn't doing exactly that?

Er, what makes you think Khan is doing exactly that?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 03, 2016, 01:30:28 PM

It wasn't really a comparison, more an example of what can be achieved if the club was run differently. That said, what better comparison than 2 similar sized championship teams that have both been relegated from the premier league recently.

I'll have a look at their accounts later & tell you what I think they reveal, assuming they're not just the abbreviated version, certainly don't care enough about the argument to pay for the full set.

Perhaps 2 clubs that had spent the same amount of time in the Prem prior to their respective relegations?
Spending the past few years yo-yoing back and forth between the Championship and Prem and actually being in the prem for 13 years provides a host of differences I would suggest, though none of that actually means a toss when we are talking about whether our owner actually attends matches or not.

Yep, for morale he should be there, but I'm not convinced that his not turning up as much as MaF did would drastically change our dire performances, that's more down to his poor decision-making off the pitch.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Arthur

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 04, 2016, 10:50:58 AM
Quote from: Arthur on April 04, 2016, 10:33:28 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 03, 2016, 12:25:04 PM
Football matches are won on the pitch... not in Boardrooms, Hospitality Suits, and Private Yachts.
That's where he should be, at the pitch side...
He doesn't bother to attend matches, because he isn't bothered...

But football matches aren't won at the pitch-side, are they? They are won on the pitch itself. Your own comment informs me so. And they are certainly not won by Chairmen and definitely not when 'pitch side' actually means the stands rather than the pitch-side where the manager is to be found.

You clearly think Khan should have been at the game and that his absence was a reflection on his unwillingness to get involved. It's an opinion for which I would have more respect if it, at least, acknowledged the visit he made to Motspur Park and gave him some credit for doing so. That you would rather ignore this in your keenness to paint a picture of a Chairman who has let his Club down this weekend, and that you then compound your lack of balance with a contradictory argument does not serve your view at all.

I do not need to paint any picture, Khan has already done that for all to see, and make their own minds up.
So he visits Motspur Park, so does the cleaning lady.
What do you want me to do, give him a medal, or a chest to pin it on.

You may feel that you 'do not need to paint any picture', but it is what you have done all the same.

To 'paint a picture' is to describe something in a particular way. First, your choice of the ambiguous phrase 'pitch side' to mean 'in the stands' is a deliberate, albeit misguided, attempt to link Khan's infrequent attendance to your argument that 'football matches are won on the pitch'.

Secondly, unless it is known that Khan's visit in the run-up to Saturday's crucial game was a cynical exercise, then it can only be interpreted as showing at least some interest and some empathy, and yet you prefer to describe our Chairman as having none.

So, yes, my choice of phrase is perfectly accurate.

As for your reply to my assertion: that Khan's recent attendance at Motspur Park mitigates the argument that he isn't bothered at all, I find no need to answer it whatsoever; that your comment is incompatible with proper reasoning is (to purloin a phrase from your post) there for all to see.

RaySmith

Going to Motspur Park was surely a morale raising exercise, or at least shows interest in how the team and new manager are doing.

I don't think the owner not attending the game makes any difference to the  team's performance, especially since he'd shown his face in the build-up, but if things are going badly , then fans can't vent their feelings directly to him - it might be said.

It  is true that foreign owners can  appear divorced from what's happening with their club, and not interested, but I don't think that's true of Khan- so far anyway.

Mince n Tatties

I wish some would stop going on about it makes no
difference if he he attends the match or not,that is not
the bloody point.
It would be nice if he showed his face in the crowd
and cheered the team on like some do.
All this Motspur Park crap and rallying the troops,the
games played at the Cottage not Motspur Park.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 04, 2016, 02:48:47 PM
I wish some would stop going on about it makes no
difference if he he attends the match or not,that is not
the bloody point.
It would be nice if he showed his face in the crowd
and cheered the team on like some do.
All this Motspur Park crap and rallying the troops,the
games played at the Cottage not Motspur Park.

That's what I thought. ⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.