News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our support is taking a bit of a beating....

Started by Fulham76, April 02, 2016, 11:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham76

By MK Dons fans of all people!

I live in MK & caught a bit of their managers comments on local tv when I got back. Missed most of it but he seems to think they were the better team 2nd half & were cheated for having a goal disallowed for off side - they're always on the wrong side of refereeing decisions apparently.

Anyway, looked up his comments online & came across one of their forums, called the concrete roundabout & one of their threads, (Fulham fans), was all about how terrible our support was today.

Seemed pretty good to me in the Hammersmith end. Are the acoustics really that bad at the cottage we're having the piss taken by that lot?

Lighthouse

The London radio remarked how good it sounded and how important it was. The manager commented on how important it was and how he wanted to pay the fans back with better performances. So I think the MK Dons fans are just trying to grab at anything. Can't blame them for trying to ease the pain.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HillingdonFFC

Absolute total bollocks, I'm one of the biggest critics of our support but today the atmosphere was brilliant. As loud as I've heard the Hammersmith end in ages. Their support was embarrassing,free travel and barely 1600 who sat in silence for best part of the game.

HatterDon

I can't believe that supporters of a team in the Championship would deign to criticize supporters of another team in the Championship. OUR supporters would NEVER do that.  :doh:

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

domprague

We forgot
We forgot
We forgot that they were here.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

dannyboi-ffc

Football atmospheres have changed. You will do well to find a home ground who's support outsung the away end. Fact is away from home all the diehard fans and their songs sound louder because they are compact whereas at home they are spread out so the impact isn't as loud.

Our support yesterday was brilliant. Mk dons are a joke of a club anyway but their support made them even more pathetic. They were so quiet. Come to think of it the return fixture they were silent too. I can't think of a club more deserving of the drop. I'd pick them over Brentford and QPR. I might not like the other 2 but at least they didn't steal a club.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Apart from some idiots with their own agendas who booed HT  our lot were great yesterday

Buffalo76

A question for the chubby scouse manager of the dons.... do the letters F O mean anything?

hovewhite

Great to see the clappers back as well which enhanced our great support of our boys coyw

grandad

When the 2nd goal went in the whole of Spain shook from the noise us ex-pats were making.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Finnegans Wake

Its the usual combo of the sound not traveling well across the pitch (open sides don`t help), people making noise around you/singing yourself drowning out any other noise and away fans looking at the people in the Riverside seats directly opposite (hardly our most hardcore vocal support). There`s been plenty of times, sat in the Hammersmith, that iv looked across at the away section and seen them clapping and arms in the air etc but not heard anything all game.

As long as they hear us on the pitch thats all that matters.

filham

From where I was sitting in the JH stand our support (aided by the clappers)sounded great , I failed to hear much from the Dons section.
Looking forward to more of the same next Saturday.

win-dup

Obviously a lot of noise makes a great atmosphere, but wonder if the players are so focussed that they don't notice it sometimes. A million years ago I went to a match at the old Baseball ground, where Derby managed a spectacular comeback from being 3-0 down to draw 3-3 with us and their supporters were going mad. I saw George
Cohen on the railway platform afterwards where the team and supporters were waiting for their train home (!) and knowing him slightly, I spoke to him about the amount of noise created by the Derby fans and he said he had barely noticed it. Wonder if the sound dissipates in the openness of the pitch?

Max Headroom

They thought they were hard done by in the second half? That's funny.

bill taylors apprentice

Having had to sit through far too many home games in recent times where the away support flock to our famous ground and enjoy themselves at our expense...............

I can assure anyone not at the game yesterday that Franchise fc's support (considering the importance) was poor and ours was good.

fcfulham55

We literally do have the worst support sadly. I once sat near the top of p2 for a game, I remember someone saying and I quote "Fulham must be the only place in the country, where when they score at home you see the home fans rising out their seats with no sound"

And that literally summed up what I saw for myself. As I held back my celebration briefly to witness.

We do have 40-50 people constantly singing, which expands to around 200-300 at exciting points in the game. Such as a corner. We do have a big support that know how to clap though. If the acoustics were better, you'd be able to hear them well over a few hundred yards away.

Fulham fans are shy of their voices, if it's noisey enough for one to not be able to hear himself. He will be able to muster enough courage to join in perhaps.

The energy of noise will be contagious from the top of the Hammersmith. But you can barely hear it down the botto, of the Hammersmith. The sound is escaping at the back of our poorly built stand. Along with all the beams absorbing the sound waves on the underneath of the roof.

Sound works better and is amplified on smoother surfaces.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 03, 2016, 01:02:42 PM
We literally do have the worst support sadly. I once sat near the top of p2 for a game, I remember someone saying and I quote "Fulham must be the only place in the country, where when they score at home you see the home fans rising out their seats with no sound"

And that literally summed up what I saw for myself. As I held back my celebration briefly to witness.

We do have 40-50 people constantly singing, which expands to around 200-300 at exciting points in the game. Such as a corner. We do have a big support that know how to clap though. If the acoustics were better, you'd be able to hear them well over a few hundred yards away.

Fulham fans are shy of their voices, if it's noisey enough for one to not be able to hear himself. He will be able to muster enough courage to join in perhaps.

The energy of noise will be contagious from the top of the Hammersmith. But you can barely hear it down the botto, of the Hammersmith. The sound is escaping at the back of our poorly built stand. Along with all the beams absorbing the sound waves on the underneath of the roof.

Sound works better and is amplified on smoother surfaces.

I don't agree with the comment "worst support" but I think you have a point about regarding the rest of your post.

Fulham76

On the same thread on this Dons forum one fan commented he was at the cottage for the juventus game & described it as the best atmosphere he's ever seen. So I suppose we have the potential albeit don't play teams like juventus every week unfortunately.

Also, we have had a terrible 3-4 years & have got to say, it doesn't take much for our fans to turn against the team these days which doesn't help for a positive atmosphere.

A couple of them also said they could see our fans standing & clapping & chanting but couldn't hear us. Very strange

FFCAli

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 03, 2016, 01:22:28 PM
On the same thread on this Dons forum one fan commented he was at the cottage for the juventus game & described it as the best atmosphere he's ever seen. So I suppose we have the potential albeit don't play teams like juventus every week unfortunately.

Also, we have had a terrible 3-4 years & have got to say, it doesn't take much for our fans to turn against the team these days which doesn't help for a positive atmosphere.

A couple of them also said they could see our fans standing & clapping & chanting but couldn't hear us. Very strange

Might it have made a difference that the away fans were seated in a different area for the Europa matches? 

Bill2

I am not sure what the manager was on about, we should have been 2 up in the first 3 minutes with Ross and Moussa missing two easy chances and their keeper having to tip over a couple of shots. In total we had 9 shots on target they had 3 one of which was the goal and the others were nothing to write home about. As for the offside goal, they mentioned it on TV last night and they said they couldn't tell from the camera angle which was roughly above the dugouts so the manager had no better view.

They were a rubbish side with little quality and their goal was down to a defensive mess, surprise surprise.

As for noise, it was the loudest I have heard for some time, but we had something to shout about as we battered them at times. As for their fans when they scored they made some noise but apart from that they very quiet.