watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-unintended pun.

Started by bog, April 05, 2016, 08:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

With regards to the recent revelations over supposed drugs to enhance performance a lady in the relative office was asked on TV what it was going to be like to find any culprits. 'It will be like looking for a needle in a haystack....'

092.gif

Holders

Apparently performance-enhancing drugs are rife among bale-tossers.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Airfix

At least we know that Fulham are clean.  If we're watching enhanced performances, gawd help us when we're not on drugs!

bog

This could be the last straw...

092.gif

HatterDon

I remember when the "scandal" first hit in the states about 25 years ago. Gary Player was on television and someone said to him, "Well there's problems with baseball and [American] football, but I'm pleased that golf will stay pure."

Player looked at him and said something along the lines of, "If you don't think there's professional golfers doping to improve their performances, you're nuts. If they ever test golfers for drugs, we'll lose a third of the tour."

To my knowledge, nobody has ever tested a professional golfer.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Airfix

Quote from: HatterDon on April 05, 2016, 10:12:40 PM
I remember when the "scandal" first hit in the states about 25 years ago. Gary Player was on television and someone said to him, "Well there's problems with baseball and [American] football, but I'm pleased that golf will stay pure."

Player looked at him and said something along the lines of, "If you don't think there's professional golfers doping to improve their performances, you're nuts. If they ever test golfers for drugs, we'll lose a third of the tour."

To my knowledge, nobody has ever tested a professional golfer.

Well, they're in the Olympics this year so, if they haven't been tested before, they're in for a rude awakening!