watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was Scott Duncan a closet PNE fan?

Started by Wearethewhites, April 05, 2016, 11:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

I can understand adding time for blatant time wasting, but where did he get the 5 minutes from the end of the first half, and 7 minutes that turned into 9 minutes and the end of the 2nd half?

We are getting an absolute battering on Twitter for time wasting, diving, but thought we had a sort of game plan that PNE couldn't break, who's fans moaned continuously for 90 minutes.

Sgt Fulham

We're getting ripped to shreds as 'anti-football'. We've tried to play pretty football this season, and are probably one of the most aesthetic sides in the league - but it doesnt work in this league! So screw them, and thanks for the 3 points!

Arthur

For a game in which nothing out-of-the-ordinary-happens, one minute additional time in the first half and three minutes at the end seem to me to be the most common time-spans.

Taking into account that Preston had to substitute two players through injury in the first-half, it is not incomprehensible that the game was stopped for two minutes for each delay. On top of the extra minute that referees normally manage to find, this would have brought the amount of added time to five minutes.

Similarly in the second-half, as well as the three-minute 'norm', if Cairney's injury necessitated a further two-minute stoppage, this would mean that our time-wasting over-and-above that which typically occurs merited a further two minutes of additional play, which I can quite believe.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Wearethewhites on April 05, 2016, 11:07:03 PM
I can understand adding time for blatant time wasting, but where did he get the 5 minutes from the end of the first half, and 7 minutes that turned into 9 minutes and the end of the 2nd half?

We are getting an absolute battering on Twitter for time wasting, diving, but thought we had a sort of game plan that PNE couldn't break, who's fans moaned continuously for 90 minutes.
A thoroughly deserved win earned by a resolute Fulham defence and backs to the wall defending. So untypical of Fulham this season!

The moan of the night has to be reserved for referee Mr Duncan who gave a master class in bias refereeing in favour of the home team. A performance that had to be seen to be believed. He was only too happy to give yellows to Fulham players for time wasting but let Jermaine Beckford off a red card for a disgraceful forearm smash on Bettinelli. Then to show he wasn't finished, at ninety minutes he conjures up an astonishing seven minutes additional time from nowhere which eventually ran on to nearly eight and a half minutes. Krunk.

jarv

Thanks to those who went to the game (and all games) and then post a report.  The one thing GJ constantly complains about....the referees in this division.