watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zakaria Labyad

Started by EJL, April 05, 2016, 11:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

"If Zakaria Labyad signs for Fulham and no one is around to see him play, does he really exist?" Thinkers will be trying to decipher that one for years to come.

Where is this guy and what was the point in signing him? Not trying to take away from a fantastic away win, just a bit baffled by the whole situation.

Mince n Tatties

Not good enough I suppose.
Maybe shows nothing in training.

FPT

I don't know, however, he is on a loan that has the option to be extended for another season so there's potentially some longer term thinking with the move.

@jolslover

Having watched Labyad a few times for Vitesse, I doubt that he is showing nothing in training. What I DO DOUBT is his attitude, and maybe hes not right for a relegation fight. I believe Joka said that he drafted in Labyad with a view to the long term (Taken from this http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-says-championship-wake-11015843). So people shouldn't right him off just yet.
STH H3

Snibbo

Quote from: EJL on April 05, 2016, 11:14:23 PM
"If Zakaria Labyad signs for Fulham and no one is around to see him play, does he really exist?" Thinkers will be trying to decipher that one for years to come.

Where is this guy and what was the point in signing him? Not trying to take away from a fantastic away win, just a bit baffled by the whole situation.
He's playing in a parallel universe with Lee Cook, Kostas Mitroglou and Rafik Halliche and they are all world beaters

@jolslover

Quote from: Snibbo on April 06, 2016, 04:22:02 AM
Quote from: EJL on April 05, 2016, 11:14:23 PM

He's playing in a parallel universe with Lee Cook, Kostas Mitroglou and Rafik Halliche and they are all world beaters

Mitroglou is a world beater in this universe, just not for fulham.
STH H3

Bronaldinho

Jok mentioned a few weeks ago that the player is struggling with England in terms of settling.

But we have an option to take him on loan next season, so I guess he settles this 2nd half of the season then he can really be used next year.

I guess he doesn't fit a 5-3-2 system either being an AM/winger.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Southcoastffc

This is what Jok said about a month ago in an interview:

Jokanovic explained: "It's not strange for a big club to sign a young player and he has to wait six or eight months for a chance.

"I give Zakaria a chance to show what he can do, and we're still checking him. This is the Championship, and it's different to what he knew before.

"This is England and he's a young man and we need to give him some time to adapt.

If you really think he can solve our problems in one week or even one month - this is not realistic.

"I need to work with him and give him the right instruction and he needs to push for a place in the squad."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Ronnief

Wasn't impressed when he played in the under 21's a few weeks ago. I'm sure we have other youngsters who are better than him. Still I've been wrong before and many I've rated haven't made it.

J.Perkins

I'm still thinking that he will be loaned in again next season, and this year was purely a massive training session.

filham

Jocanovic clearly said that to get out of the relegation zone he was going to forsake his principle and play it ugly. The last three games have yielded seven points but the football has been unrecognisable, four centre backs have been used as a back four and  the height and power  of Tunnicliffe and Ince have dominated the midfield. We have quickly transformed into a physical team playing a very hard game.

In this hard style there has been no place for a ball playing wide man new to Championship football. Lets hope that there will be a few games left at the end of the season when the relegation threat has be removed and then Labyad can be given some game time.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 06, 2016, 11:40:22 AM
Jok mentioned a few weeks ago that the player is struggling with England in terms of settling.

But we have an option to take him on loan next season, so I guess he settles this 2nd half of the season then he can really be used next year.

I guess he doesn't fit a 5-3-2 system either being an AM/winger.

This is pretty much how I took SJ's comments. He can be a player for us, .... just not this season. Begs the question, Did we pay him this season to be able to play him for an attack on promotion next season?

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude