watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Dembele

Started by JPCL, April 06, 2016, 12:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

I thought I read somewhere (here maybe) that he would love to go back to PSG?

Horse

Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 06, 2016, 11:43:12 AM
Will go far in the game.

Runs the channels extremely well, plays on the last man and has a perfect combination with McCormack.

Personally, think he should sign a 2-3 year deal and carry on learning from Ross for at least another year.

But then again big bucks will be offered in the summer to him.

Assuming Ross is around next year of course.

fulhamben

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 06, 2016, 06:26:11 PM
I thought I read somewhere (here maybe) that he would love to go back to PSG?
I bet he would, but he would be more likely to be first team at spurs than he would psg. And that's very unlikely at that.  Once again one of the biggest spending teams I'm the world are not going to gamble on an untried kid as a first teamer
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

David Allen Crankshaw

It's a pity he couldn't be persuaded to sign a new contract with a buy-out clause of about £5m. We would then get something for him when he goes. His agent is the brother of Seko Fofana who is now on a year's loan at a French club from Manchester City. Signing for a big club doesn't actually mean that you will play for them.

fulhamben

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on April 06, 2016, 06:34:18 PM
It's a pity he couldn't be persuaded to sign a new contract with a buy-out clause of about £5m. We would then get something for him when he goes. His agent is the brother of Seko Fofana who is now on a year's loan at a French club from Manchester City. Signing for a big club doesn't actually mean that you will play for them.
all good points.and has anyone actually heard of what Dembele is looking for. Ie we know hyndman wants first team football so I presume he will go home to the usa

jimmyc19

I don't know how anyone can criticise a 19 year old playing his first full season of professional football, who has in effect with his strike partner kept us in the division and is among the top 5 scorers in the league. Would love him here next season, doubt it's going to happen though. Either way, he's going to be some player.

colinwhite

cmg

I am so pleased to read so many positive comments about this young man who is having a remarkable season.
Like many others, I remember him coming into the u19s as a 16 year old. He dwarfed his colleagues and frightened the life out of many of the opposition. It was soon obvious that he had pace and considerable talent; it was equally clear that he sometimes had no idea what he was supposed to be doing. He still had much of this naivete at the start of this season and I have rarely seen a young player make such rapid progress in accumulating the know-how necessary for the proper execution of his trade. This is of great credit not only to himself but to his coaches and to Ross McCormack. He's a well put together figure but he no longer enjoys the big physical advantage he once had over his peers, however he has learnt to cope with the thuggish side of Championship defenders.

I like players who get p1ssed off when they are substituted. I was always glad to be well away from Danny Murphy whenever the manager decided to give his ageing legs a deserved rest: he always looked as if he was going to punch someone.

Of course he looks sulky sometimes. He's French!

I cling, a bit pathetically, to the notion that he might still be persuaded to stick around with a suitable 'buy out' clause - but, in reality, I accept that we have only six more games from him. One thing is for sure, his departure will leave a 20+ 'goal plus assist' hole which will take a giant wodge of money to fill.

Max Headroom

I'm so bored with people dissing him. He is only 19. Name five better nineteen year old strikers.... Martial probably being one.....

EJL

Iheanacho at City and there can't be many others.

fulhamben

Quote from: EJL on April 06, 2016, 11:23:57 PM
Iheanacho at City and there can't be many others.
do you watch much under 21 football then. Or are you guessing that there isn't many. Can't believe no one has mentioned Rushford or does he not count as he is only 18

fulhamben

Iwobi at arsenal.actually there are lots. Just we don't see them much. That's not to say Dembele hasn't done fantastically for us, but to put him as a top 5 striker in the world in his age group is a bit far pushed

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on April 06, 2016, 11:44:23 PM
Iwobi at arsenal.actually there are lots. Just we don't see them much. That's not to say Dembele hasn't done fantastically for us, but to put him as a top 5 striker in the world in his age group is a bit far pushed

Iwobi isnt really a striker, Dembele is definitely up there.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on April 07, 2016, 12:12:38 AM

timo werner although he turned 20 a few weeks ago. Just don't know how you can even gage it with us being in the championship. If you take it on just goals then what 3 goals in the championship equates to one top flight goal.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on April 07, 2016, 12:30:35 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on April 07, 2016, 12:12:38 AM

timo werner although he turned 20 a few weeks ago. Just don't know how you can even gage it with us being in the championship. If you take it on just goals then what 3 goals in the championship equates to one top flight goal.

Champ is a very good league these days, Lots of foreign talent! not like 5 years ago where it was a haven for Danny Pughs and Michael Tonges and Adel Taarabt single handedly won it
STH H3

JPCL

The best strikers do nothing all game and score that one chance? Dembele did that

JPCL

My point being Ross handed in a transfer request to actively seek a move away, moussa never did that and has just got his down.

westcliff white

Quote from: JPCL on April 07, 2016, 01:28:23 AM
My point being Ross handed in a transfer request to actively seek a move away, moussa never did that and has just got his down.
He doesn't have to put in a request as his contract expires so thats a slight difference to the Ross situation.

However he has during his contract wrangle concentrated on his game and kept scoring goals, maybe the Spurs link in January put him off a little bit overall cant see why people would have a go considering he is banging in the goals almost as frequently as Ross.
Every day is a Fulham day

Snibbo

Quote from: JPCL on April 07, 2016, 01:26:55 AM
The best strikers do nothing all game and score that one chance? Dembele did that
Not sure I agree with that. Someone like Vardy for instance, who works his socks off all game AND takes the chances that come along.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: JPCL on April 07, 2016, 01:28:23 AM

Ross never put a transfer request in.
All paper media talk I believe,like the made up bids
from Boro for him,lot of nonsense..