watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Dembele

Started by JPCL, April 06, 2016, 12:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPCL

Fair play to the lad, could easily have sulked because he didn't get his move to Spurs but he's been brilliant last few weeks. His attitude and commitment has been class when others in similar position would have sulked 

@jolslover

Agree agree, classy player. Would love to get him on loan next year. Otherwise he would be very hard to replace.
STH H3

Burgf001

his walk off the pitch against Bristol says otherwise......

EJL

Quote from: Burgf001 on April 06, 2016, 01:38:33 AM
his walk off the pitch against Bristol says otherwise......
Think it's fair enough to forgive him for that. Reacted badly but has two in two now, and looks set to finish the season strongly.

hovewhite

well done to the young man he deserves his goals.

Bronaldinho

Will go far in the game.

Runs the channels extremely well, plays on the last man and has a perfect combination with McCormack.

Personally, think he should sign a 2-3 year deal and carry on learning from Ross for at least another year.

But then again big bucks will be offered in the summer to him.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

fulhamben

Blokes a bandit for hire. He will go and be a bench warmer next year. He might end up being loaned to a semi pro club and play with Roberts for a few months. I'd love him to give us another year though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

BrightonFFC1

I completely disagree, goal aside last night he was atrocious. Didn't put any real effort in, doesn't work hard enough, certainly doesn't run the channels nearly as much as he should and he is lazy. Without Ross he would have knowhere near as many goals!

epsomraver

Quote from: BrightonFFC1 on April 06, 2016, 12:19:30 PM
I completely disagree, goal aside last night he was atrocious. Didn't put any real effort in, doesn't work hard enough, certainly doesn't run the channels nearly as much as he should and he is lazy. Without Ross he would have knowhere near as many goals!

:plus one:from someone who bothers to go to games Brighton fc I assume,  he is lazy full stop, did nothing last night apart from sticking in a close tap in, On saturday his assist was after a terrible first touch any schoolboy would have been ashamed of, managed to hook the ball back and across for the assist, no , I have watched him from the u 18's and he is going backwards

Carborundum

The way he stays on the shoulder of the centre back makes great space for McCormack and Cairney.  By doing the things that get him badged by some as lazy he's making his colleagues look good.

Going back to that first goal against MK, yes his first touch was heavy, but that's much more likely to happen when accelerating hard.  We scored a scruffy goal.  I like scruffy goals.  He turned my groan at the mis-control into a cheer.

Facts are there are only five more prolific strikers in this league.  That's a wonderful achievement for a young man in his first season of first team football.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: epsomraver on April 06, 2016, 12:41:56 PM
Quote from: BrightonFFC1 on April 06, 2016, 12:19:30 PM

:plus one:from someone who bothers to go to games Brighton fc I assume,  he is lazy full stop, did nothing last night apart from sticking in a close tap in, On saturday his assist was after a terrible first touch any schoolboy would have been ashamed of, managed to hook the ball back and across for the assist, no , I have watched him from the u 18's and he is going backwards
Moussa Dembele is without doubt a fantastic player who will become even better.

Didn't have his best game last night but was right on the spot to score what might be best described as a "Jimmy Greaves" type goal.

He's averaged a goal every three games which is incredible for such a young player still to reach sixty first class games and in only his second full season as a first team regular.

If he stays let's hope he can line-up with some other "lazy" players who score on such a regular basis.

Now that's funny.

Burgf001

I have no doubts that he has bags of talent and can easily go far in the game. However, he needs to have the right attitude to do so, and I don't feel he has personally. He's playing for Moussa Dembele rather than for Fulham

Chutney

He won't be a fulham player next season.
C O Y W

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Burgf001 on April 06, 2016, 03:31:25 PM
I have no doubts that he has bags of talent and can easily go far in the game. However, he needs to have the right attitude to do so, and I don't feel he has personally. He's playing for Moussa Dembele rather than for Fulham

Watched him get off the bus on Saturday before the Dons game and he looked as though he had an appointment with the dentist such was his hang dog expression. So perhaps he might want to smile a little more.

But I think he's playing for the team and don't forget he's still just a young boy.

Riverside

He is a goal scorer opportunist but not a worker  .

And each step up in his career he has scored goals .

I think he will find a place in any team as part of a attacking 2 ( as we see with McCormack and did in the U21s with Woodrow ) or 3 but will not be able to lead the line on his own .

So speaking Spurs I don't think he could replace Kane but he could play along side of Kane .

Depends what the managers want .

With McCormack around I would want Dembele to stay and score even more but we all know that he will be gone this summer .

fulhamben

Quote from: Riverside on April 06, 2016, 05:09:54 PM
He is a goal scorer opportunist but not a worker  .

And each step up in his career he has scored goals .

I think he will find a place in any team as part of a attacking 2 ( as we see with McCormack and did in the U21s with Woodrow ) or 3 but will not be able to lead the line on his own .

So speaking Spurs I don't think he could replace Kane but he could play along side of Kane .

Depends what the managers want .

With McCormack around I would want Dembele to stay and score even more but we all know that he will be gone this summer .
doubt spurs will change there formation for Dembele. He's know where near that good.

AnEssexFan

Dembele started off working hard in the 1st half last night. But I think he found it hard going as there wasn't much service for him as Preston dominated, and he was being kicked, pushed, pulled, and fouled all over the pitch which is the norm in this league but he's a young man starting out on a career and he is still learning about this.
Not one of his best games, but if he's going to have an average game and still score then that's fine.
@leightonrw07

westcliff white

Don't care how he walked off against Bristol City, for me he was showing he wanted to play and help, second if he leaves then so be it time will tell until then. SJ has already stated I believe he is talking to him in an effort to keep him, for me he would be better staying with us as he will play, he will likely not get regular football in a higher division but that doesn't make him a bandit in my book. If he leaves he will get more money, fine, but we all leave jobs for that reason!!

We need to play him as he and Ross are lethal, reading his comments on the offal he clearly likes the link up with Ross so maybe that will help him think I should stay and improve. If I were the club I would say sign a 2 year deal with an option of a third but if we don't finish in the playoffs net year then we will help to get you a move.
Every day is a Fulham day

grandad

For his development he really needs to stay. He would be a certain starter with Ross. We have spent time & money bringing him on so he should do the decent thing & sign a reasonable length contract. If we do not look like getting promotion ( yes we are staying up) next season he could be sold for big bucks. If we do get promoted then he could get Prem wages if he continues scoring.
I don´t think he would be a regular starter with a Prem club now. He might be cast adrift to a lower European side never to be seen again.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on April 06, 2016, 05:46:05 PM
Don't care how he walked off against Bristol City, for me he was showing he wanted to play and help, second if he leaves then so be it time will tell until then. SJ has already stated I believe he is talking to him in an effort to keep him, for me he would be better staying with us as he will play, he will likely not get regular football in a higher division but that doesn't make him a bandit in my book. If he leaves he will get more money, fine, but we all leave jobs for that reason!!

We need to play him as he and Ross are lethal, reading his comments on the offal he clearly likes the link up with Ross so maybe that will help him think I should stay and improve. If I were the club I would say sign a 2 year deal with an option of a third but if we don't finish in the playoffs net year then we will help to get you a move.
and if spurs are in the driving seat, then they will Def spend big money in the summer and push him further down the pecking order. No way would they go into a champs league season with just an untried kid as back up to kane.