watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Players to keep for next season

Started by J.Perkins, April 06, 2016, 10:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

With that superb away win, I'm quite confident now of staying up. Next is the big question of who stays and who goes. I'm looking forward to Jokanovic being able to build his team, and push us forward, but who will still be around next season?

Bettinelli βœ…
Lewis ❌
Lonergan ❌
Joronen ❌
Stekelenburg ❌

Fredericks βœ…
Richards ❌
Grimmer βœ…

Hutchinson ❌
Stearman βœ…
Bodurov ❌
Madl βœ…
Burn βœ…
Amorebieta βœ…

Garbutt ❌
Ream βœ…
Kavanagh ❌

Parker βœ…
Cairney βœ…
Mattila ❌
Tunnicliffe βœ…
Christensen βœ…
Baird ❌
O'Hara ❌
Hyndman ❌
Ince βœ…

Cairney βœ…
Kacaniklic ❌
Pringle ❌
Labyad ❌
Williams βœ…

Smith ❌
Woodrow βœ…
Dembele ❌
McCormack βœ…
Mitroglou ❌

Note: a few of the exclusions are people I want to go, but most are who I think will go

colinwhite

Agree with most of that . The jury is out on Dan Burn , I wish he was good enough but I am not sure he is, and I tend to think Slavisa thinks the same.
Scott has been superb ,but another year on his wages may cost too much considering his age. Maybe we can persuade Moussa to stay (dream on I know)

Chutney

Quote from: colinwhite on April 06, 2016, 10:51:45 AM
Agree with most of that . The jury is out on Dan Burn , I wish he was good enough but I am not sure he is, and I tend to think Slavisa thinks the same.
Scott has been superb ,but another year on his wages may cost too much considering his age. Maybe we can persuade Moussa to stay (dream on I know)

I think next season we could see big things from Woodrow, he looked great before getting injured and Dembele's form has kept him out of the squad since, don't be surprised to see a similar return from woodrow next season, the lad is a goal scorer!
C O Y W

bill taylors apprentice

On another post I have just said I would not be sorry to see all our defenders go except Madl.

This would be unlikely due to contracts etc but I notice you have selected Stearman, Ream and Burn who frankly have not improved the defence on last years model?

J.Perkins

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 06, 2016, 10:58:30 AM
On another post I have just said I would not be sorry to see all our defenders go except Madl.

This would be unlikely due to contracts etc but I notice you have selected Stearman, Ream and Burn who frankly have not improved the defence on last years model?

The latter 3 have been bang average this season, but I believe would be more than competent squad players. Stearman, if he found form, would be a great asset.

BrightonFFC1

Stearman the last few weeks has been very good, made a huge difference when came on last night

N_O_W_S

Quote from: J.Perkins on April 06, 2016, 12:05:01 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 06, 2016, 10:58:30 AM

The latter 3 have been bang average this season, but I believe would be more than competent squad players. Stearman, if he found form, would be a great asset.

I agree highlights from last night show a fairly touch performance from Stearman. He was clearly fired up. Hopefully next season he will be settled. Was much much better at Wolves than he has shown.

Madl would be a great signing if we can tease him along permanently.

Same with Rohan Ince.

res

Quote from: J.Perkins on April 06, 2016, 10:44:46 AM
With that superb away win, I'm quite confident now of staying up. Next is the big question of who stays and who goes. I'm looking forward to Jokanovic being able to build his team, and push us forward, but who will still be around next season?

Bettinelli βœ…
Lewis ❌
Lonergan ❌
Joronen ❌
Stekelenburg ❌

Fredericks βœ…
Richards ❌
Grimmer βœ…

Hutchinson ❌
Stearman βœ…
Bodurov ❌
Madl βœ…
Burn βœ…
Amorebieta βœ…

Garbutt ❌
Ream βœ…
Kavanagh ❌

Parker βœ…
Cairney βœ…
Mattila ❌
Tunnicliffe βœ…
Christensen βœ…
Baird ❌
O'Hara ❌
Hyndman ❌
Ince βœ…

Cairney βœ…
Kacaniklic ❌
Pringle ❌
Labyad ❌
Williams βœ…

Smith ❌
Woodrow βœ…
Dembele ❌
McCormack βœ…
Mitroglou ❌

Note: a few of the exclusions are people I want to go, but most are who I think will go

Burgess is the forgotten man...playing very well for Cheltenham on loan I understand in a hard bruising League; played a few games under the mad German, bizarrely in centre midfield for the first couple

filham

Quote from: Chutney on April 06, 2016, 10:54:19 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on April 06, 2016, 10:51:45 AM

I think next season we could see big things from Woodrow, he looked great before getting injured and Dembele's form has kept him out of the squad since, don't be surprised to see a similar return from woodrow next season, the lad is a goal scorer!

I too am looking forward to seeing Woodrow next season, his work rate is excellent and he is a better at holding the ball up than Dembele. If Hyndman and Parker leave, as seems likely, then surely we hang on to O'Hara, remember how well he played in the early part of the season.

It is a shade early to say who stays and who leaves as we are not yet absolutely safe from relegation. Things are looking good at the moment but a few more points are still needed.

Bronaldinho

We should make quite the saving in the summer.

A lot of big earners on that list that will go and Benfica reportedly paying us around 8m euros for Mitroglou.

All good for the FFP.

Can see Bieta moved on though, reportedly Β£45,000 a week, same as Stekkers and Mitrog

Would love to see a one-year deal for Parker agreed, but he is on mega money, tremendous leader and great to have around the camp - will become a terrific coach for us. I remember Jol saying that Parker would move into the coaching staff here. Not sure if that's changed now we have a different manager, but Parker in the coaching setup would be grand.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

sunburywhite

Joronen should stay, could become a very good keeper
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

One James stannard

Bettinelli βœ…
Lewis ❌
Lonergan ❌
Joronen ❌
Stekelenburg ❌

Fredericks βœ…
Richards ❌
Grimmer βœ…

Hutchinson ❌
Stearman βœ…
Bodurov ❌
Madl βœ…
Burn βœ…
Amorebieta βœ…

Garbutt ❌
Ream βœ…
Kavanagh ❌

Parker βœ…
Cairney βœ…
Mattila ❌
Tunnicliffe βœ…
Christensen βœ…
Baird ❌
O'Hara ❌
Hyndman ❌
Ince βœ…

Cairney βœ…
Kacaniklic ❌
Pringle ❌
Labyad ❌
Williams βœ…

Smith ❌
Woodrow βœ…
Dembele ❌
McCormack βœ…
Mitroglou ❌

J Perkins, Great post! I've got a feeling this could run for quite a while.

I pretty much agree with most of your selections, would like to see the back of lovebite though and I think lonergan would be worth keeping hold of

fcfulham55

Bettinelli βœ…
Lewis ❌
Lonergan ❌
Joronen ❌
Stekelenburg ❌

Fredericks ❌
Richards ❌
Grimmer ❌

Hutchinson ❌
Stearman ❌
Bodurov ❌
Madl βœ…
Burn ❌
Amorebieta ❌

Garbutt ❌
Ream ❌
Kavanagh ❌

Parker ❌ Difficult with his age and wage. Otherwise would keep
Cairney βœ…
Mattila ❌
Tunnicliffe βœ…
Christensen βœ…
Baird ❌
O'Hara ❌
Hyndman ❌
Ince βœ…

Cairney βœ…
Kacaniklic ❌
Pringle ❌
Labyad ❌
Williams βœ…

Smith ❌
Woodrow ❌
Dembele ❌
McCormack βœ…
Mitroglou ❌
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Mince n Tatties

My guess at Summer Clearance.

Matt Smith ....Huddersfield
Kaka....Anywhere abroad.
Ohara...Bolton
Hutch...Barnsley
Richards...Ipswich
Ream...Scunthorpe

Stearman..Preston
Lonergan...Blackpool
Dembele. ..PSG
Pringle...Sheffield Utd
Burn...Sheffield Utd
Kavanagh..Non League.
Grimmer...Hearts
Might get one right...lol

FPT

Scott Parker is biggest head scratcher for me. On one hand, he's been very good in recent weeks - but he's not been strained by a full season given his injury - he's only really had to play 5/6 months rather than 9/10 which I think makes a big difference. He's a great leader, but I'd be disappointed if we go into next season with him as one of our best/starting central midfielders - he'll be 36 and can not go 90 minutes for a full season. That's big wages to cover into another year with lower income too.

I do however think you've got it pretty much spot on. Keeping Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack as a partnership next season would be huge; I wouldn't be surprised if a loan back could be done, though I'd be stunned by an extension at this point.

Rohan Ince is interesting one, he's come into his own in recent weeks but I don't know how willing Brighton would be to sell - we saw that with Lewis Dunk.

I don't know how Slavisa plans to set us up next season, but I think using the loan extension option for Zakaria Labyad could be useful depth in the wide positions.

I genuinely don't think we need that many players: a partner for Madl, a solid left back, a quality central midfielder, a couple of wingers and a striker are musts. From there, you can bulk out the squad with whatever else you feel is needed.

grandad

Bettinelli βœ…Β  092.gif
Lewis ❌  092.gif
Lonergan ❌  0001.gif
Joronen ❌ 0001.gif
Stekelenburg ❌  092.gif

Fredericks βœ…Β  092.gif
Richards ❌  092.gif
Grimmer βœ…Β  092.gif

Hutchinson ❌  092.gif
Stearman βœ…Β  092.gif
Bodurov ❌  092.gif
Madl βœ…Β  092.gif
Burn βœ…Β  092.gif
Amorebieta βœ…Β  092.gif

Garbutt ❌ If we could sign him keep
Ream βœ…Β  0001.gif
Kavanagh ❌  092.gif

Parker βœ…Β  092.gif
Cairney βœ…Β  092.gif
Mattila ❌  092.gif
Tunnicliffe βœ…Β  092.gif
Christensen βœ…Β  092.gif
Baird ❌  092.gif
O'Hara ❌  0001.gif
Hyndman ❌ Don´t think he will sign.
Ince βœ… Would like to buy him

Cairney βœ…Β  092.gif
Kacaniklic ❌  092.gif
Pringle ❌ Sell to Ipswich
Labyad ❌ Don´t know much about him.
Williams βœ…Β  092.gif

Smith ❌  0001.gif
Woodrow βœ…Β  092.gif
Dembele ❌ Would love him to sign. He needs another year with Ross
McCormack βœ…Β  092.gif
Mitroglou ❌  092.gif

Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: FPT on April 06, 2016, 05:30:37 PM
Scott Parker is biggest head scratcher for me. On one hand, he's been very good in recent weeks - but he's not been strained by a full season given his injury - he's only really had to play 5/6 months rather than 9/10 which I think makes a big difference. He's a great leader, but I'd be disappointed if we go into next season with him as one of our best/starting central midfielders - he'll be 36 and can not go 90 minutes for a full season. That's big wages to cover into another year with lower income too.

I do however think you've got it pretty much spot on. Keeping Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack as a partnership next season would be huge; I wouldn't be surprised if a loan back could be done, though I'd be stunned by an extension at this point.

Rohan Ince is interesting one, he's come into his own in recent weeks but I don't know how willing Brighton would be to sell - we saw that with Lewis Dunk.

I don't know how Slavisa plans to set us up next season, but I think using the loan extension option for Zakaria Labyad could be useful depth in the wide positions.

I genuinely don't think we need that many players: a partner for Madl, a solid left back, a quality central midfielder, a couple of wingers and a striker are musts. From there, you can bulk out the squad with whatever else you feel is needed.
lol you don't think we need many players but then state we need 6 players one of which to play alongside a player who isn't ours which would make it seven players and then some squad fillers. I'd hate to see what you would class as an over haul
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,Β  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Ronnief

When you look at our full squad including players that have been loaned out and those that are loanees, those whose contracts are due to end, we have over 20 players that may not be here next season. I can see we will need several new players, whilst we manage our finances to comply with FFP.

jimmyc19

Cairney is so good you've kept him twice! Would give Parker another year, we've seen how important his leadership has been in recent weeks. As mentioned, if Dembele goes then Im hoping to see Woodrow given an extended run with Ross. Also, I'm quietly hoping that there is a reason behind the disappearance of Labyad, and jokanovic is going to take up the option on him and unleash him next season. The new Mahrez? (We can dream)

@jolslover

Quote from: jimmyc19 on April 06, 2016, 10:06:09 PM
Cairney is so good you've kept him twice! Would give Parker another year, we've seen how important his leadership has been in recent weeks. As mentioned, if Dembele goes then Im hoping to see Woodrow given an extended run with Ross. Also, I'm quietly hoping that there is a reason behind the disappearance of Labyad, and jokanovic is going to take up the option on him and unleash him next season. The new Mahrez? (We can dream)
100% sure he will be the next Mahrez, Both North African, Both signed in Jan. Cant think of any other reasons.
STH H3