https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Interesting news about the new Riverside Stand

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 08, 2016, 08:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

win-dup

Fulham76

Is it just me or is there anyone else that can't even be bothered to read that because it's dragged on for so long & probably never going to happen?

I'll wait for the 'yeah, it's just you'.

cmg

Quote from: Fulham76 on April 08, 2016, 08:28:50 PM
Is it just me or is there anyone else that can't even be bothered to read that because it's dragged on for so long & probably never going to happen?

Just like the reaction of Field Marshal Montgomery when he received the German surrender offer at Luneburg in 1945 - "This business has been dragging on for six years now, I can't be bothered to read this shite."   :028: :58:

Fulham76

Quote from: cmg on April 08, 2016, 08:40:29 PM

Just like the reaction of Field Marshal Montgomery when he received the German surrender offer at Luneburg in 1945 - "This business has been dragging on for six years now, I can't be bothered to read this shite."   :028: :58:

Yep, very similar. Good comparison...

Buffalo76

Any chance of someone breaking it all down and just pointing out the main points of this mind boggling conundrum.

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on April 08, 2016, 10:02:02 PM
Any chance of someone breaking it all down and just pointing out the main points of this mind boggling conundrum.

You certainly won't get that from the club! Worlds worst communicators who generally tell the fans nothing

Domino1879

Quote from: Buffalo76 on April 08, 2016, 10:02:02 PM

The relevant bit is at the bottom:

the works divided into two defined phases.

Phase 1 – Enabling and marine phase due to commence May 2016 to September 2016.
Phase 2 – Main Construction phase September 2016 to March 2018.

dannyboi-ffc

I've been this way for about a year now.  And no, I didn't read the document. I just couldn't be arsed. Does this mean it's got a start date then?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

davew

Great but I would prefer to read more about the redevelopment of a new squad!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

On a brighter note we will all have a lot more room and comfort to watch the team play in Division 2!! Only joking fans and forum members!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

It is clear that the ground will have areas closed off for a  season or more and so the owner has ordered the club that there can be no increase in crowds until after that time. So no promotion or success until it is completed.

Conspiracy theory number 243.  :033:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Holders

It must surely be positive that the owner is still planning this development when the sole point of it is to increase capacity for which there's no need in the division that we're in at present, albeit not available until the 2018/19 season.

Draw whatever conclusions you wish from that timescale.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

alfie

Quote from: Holders on April 09, 2016, 11:00:07 AM
It must surely be positive that the owner is still planning this development when the sole point of it is to increase capacity for which there's no need in the division that we're in at present, albeit not available until the 2018/19 season.

Draw whatever conclusions you wish from that timescale.

The new stand will offer a lot more in the way of non football activities, hopefully generating a profit.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Twig

Despite all the gloom we must surely see this as a positive?  It appears to demonstrate some ambition and a lot of us have questioned whether that was sorely lacking. 

Fulham1959

Good news.

Unfortunately, "Cynicism rules O.K." on this forum.

FulhamStu

Cost of building will not count v FFP.  Revenue bought in from facilities, non match days corporate events etc will count as revenue for Fulham v FFP.

Burt

Good stuff... It's good to show ambition, all very exciting.