more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (09/04/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 09, 2016, 07:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Slade On Fulham & Manga Speculation

Manager Russell Slade has been speaking ahead of this weekend's six pointer against Fulham when it comes to our Play Off hopes, and the speculation surrounding Bruno Ecuele-Manga.

Speaking to Wales Online in his pre Fulham press conference, attention turned quickly to the media rumours linking Manga with a move to Premier League side Bournemouth this summer.

It was suggested that they, plus Championship highflyers Brighton, were linking up bids for the Gabon international - he joined us in 2014 for £5million.

Slade dismissed the speculation saying he'd heard nothing personally about it, and if there was any interest from Bournemouth especially, he'd know because they are mates.

'I know Eddie really well at Bournemouth. I will tell you why I don`t think there`s anything in it; if there was any interest he would have picked up the phone. I think this is pure speculation. Bruno`s been very consistent since he`s come back into the team.'

With Slade also being nominated for the Championship Manager of the Month award for March, he said it was a recognition of how well the whole team had done over the month - not just him.

I don't know at the time of writing if he's won or not, I'll cover that when next around as this is going on timer.

'I think the thing is it's a reflection of how far the team has come. It's not a reflection on me, it's a reflection on the players and staff and everybody concerned. I just think we have gathered some momentum and consistency. We are playing well and have put in two very high-level performances against Derby and Burnley. The secret is to maintain that. When you set standards you have got to maintain them.'

With a very credible draw against Burnley following on from the Derby victory, another three points this weekend is a must if we want to get into those Play Off sports and close that four point gap.

Of course that's easier said that done as despite the Craven Cottage outfits position in the table, they are the second highest scorers in the division next to Burnley, so it'll have to be a solid performance once more, so for Fulham more specifically he went on to say.

'Certainly I think they will be disappointed with the season. They have probably under-achieved looking at it but that can happen sometimes. I am sure they will probably learn from that, What they have got is firepower; with the likes of Dembele they have got real threats, can score goals and they are strong at home.'

Slade also confirmed that there were no fresh injury concerns ahead of the match, however Anthony Pilkington with his Burnley gained knee injury is a massive doubt for the game still.

Read more: http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=441844#ixzz45JEx7CVw

WhiteJC

Match Day Officials v Fulham (9/4/16)

The Football League have now announced the Match Day officials that will take charge of the game against Fulham this weekend.

Cardiff City travel to Fulham on Saturday April 9 for the game at Craven Cottage and the match carries a 3pm kick off.

Referee: Jeremy Simpson
Linesmen: Daniel Leach and Josh Smith
Fourth Official: Ian Rathbone

Match Day referee Simpson has officiated one Cardiff game this season.

He has however already taken in 30 other matches so far in 2015-16 and in those games, across all competitions and football divisions, he has handed out a total of 104 yellow cards and five red cards.

He was most card happy in the match between Bradford City and Port Vale on August 29 with a total of seven yellows being shown. He also showed seven yellows in the game between Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest on October 31 and seven again between Leeds and MK Dons on January 2. Five yellows and two reds appeared in February's game between Accrington and Carlisle.

Let`s hope it`s not another repeat and more of our players edge closer to automatic bans.

Read more: http://www.cardiff.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=441879#ixzz45JFMQvL5

WhiteJC

How Cardiff can unlock Fulham at Craven Cottage

Cardiff take on Fulham at Craven Cottage on Saturday as they continue to chase a play-off spot and with only six games remaining, Slade and his men are quickly running out of time.

On paper this is a winnable game for Cardiff but the Championship is far too unpredictable to assume that the Bluebirds will come away from London with all three points on Saturday. Saturday's opponents, Fulham, still have a bit of work to do to secure safety but they look t=like they will be playing Championship football next season.

Strangely, the Cottagers are the second highest scoring team in the Championship which is topped only by leaders Burnley but Fulham's defensive record is the third worst in the division so they've had to spend the majority of their season battling the drop.

The key man is of course none other than former Bluebird Ross McCormack who has an impressive goal record of 22 goals in all competitions so far. Cardiff will need to keep the Scottish international quiet if they're going to come away with a win, he's lethal in front of goal and from set-pieces and Cardiff will do well to remember that throughout.

The key to Fulham is to use the old Terry Venables method...simply out-score them because while they will usually register a goal, they will usually concede one more but therein could lie in issue for Cardiff who haven't been too prolific in front of goal this season.

On the other hand, Russell Slade's men have (for the most part) been solid at the back with very few goals conceded and if they can keep Fulham out at the Cottage then they will have every chance of taking all three points given how bad Fulham are defensively.

They key to winning on Saturday could be to tweak the formation to a slightly more attacking system, perhaps push the wingers further up to play parallel with Lex Immers who occupies the attacking midfield role and that way you can put a lot of pressure on Fulham's ropey defence.

It's also vitally important that Cardiff focus on keeping tight at the back early on because the last thing they want is to be chasing the game because that will only increase the pressure and as the away side that's never a good thing.

Perhaps I'm hasty in saying this but if Cardiff can get two goals at Craven Cottage it should be enough. I think Fulham are likely to score but Cardiff have been very strong at the back of late and with the play-off chase well and truly on I don't think that will change. The only doubt is whether Cardiff can find that killer instinct on the road.

(Image from PA.)

http://insidecardiffcity.co.uk/cardiff-can-unlock-fulham-craven-cottage/?

WhiteJC

Cardiff City Factfile

Fulham will be looking to make it three wins on the spin when Cardiff City visit the Cottage on Saturday (3pm).

The opposition

Cardiff have quietly gone about their season in a productive manner and, as a result, find themselves within touching distance of the Play-Off spots with six games to go.

Just four points separate them from six-placed Derby County, who were one of three promotion-chasing sides they've earned favourable results against recently. A 2-1 win over the Rams came after seeing off Ipswich Town 1-0, while they drew 0-0 at Burnley on Tuesday.

The Bluebirds have won an impressive 16 league games this season, but only Queens Parker Rangers have drawn more than their 15 stalemates.

Team news

The only new injury concern is that of Anthony Pilkington, who was substituted at Turf Moor in the week with a knee problem and is subsequently a doubt for Saturday.

Tickets

Tickets are still available for fans to buy on General Sale, priced from £25 for adults and £15 for juniors. These will increase by £5 on matchday.

Weather

It should remain dry throughout the day in SW6, with temperatures of around 10 degrees come kick-off.

Coral match odds

Fulham: 11/8

Draw: 23/10

Cardiff: 2/1

(Odds are subject to change)

Last time we met

A late Cardiff wonder goal denied Fulham all three points on the opening day of the season in the Welsh capital. Matt Smith went as close as anyone in the first half when he hit a post, but he needed less than two minutes after the restart to break the deadlock when he stooped in to punish a goalkeeping error. Pilkington then had a goal disallowed for handball, before Craig Noone's 87th-minute stunner earned the hosts a point. However, the Whites could have snatched it at the death when substitute Moussa Dembélé squared for Ross McCormack, but the ball got stuck under his feet and he couldn't convert.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/08/cardiff-city-factfile?

WhiteJC

The Middle Man

What a difference a week makes. This time seven days ago, nails were being bitten down to the quick as Fulham took on a Milton Keynes Dons side then a point and place below the Whites in the final relegation spot.

But two games later, Fulham now sit seven points clear of the drop zone after following up the 2-1 win over MK with maximum points at an in-form Preston North End on Tuesday night. Neither match will go down as a classic but, as every player keeps reminding us, at this stage of the season it's the results that are the most important thing.

A key figure in Fulham's mini-revival has been Rohan Ince. The on-loan midfielder had found First Team chances hard to come by following his arrival from Brighton & Hove Albion on the final day of the winter transfer window. But he was surprisingly handed a start in the away trip at Birmingham City, scoring in the 1-1 draw, and his return to the fold has coincided with Fulham's recent form.

"It was a frustrating and a confusing period," admits Ince to the official matchday programme. "I could have easily given up, but I continued to train hard and kept knocking on the gaffer's door to make sure he didn't forget about me. It's starting to pay off.

"He just said it was tactical why I wasn't playing but then he decided he wanted to try something different at Birmingham. I think he wanted a more solid midfield with me and Scott Parker in there and I've been back in ever since. Long may it continue.

"The team has really got it together in the past couple of weeks. The gaffer has said we're in a tough situation so we've got to dig deep to get ourselves out of it. Since then we've been really solid as a team, we haven't conceded many goals and we've stuck together.

"We're seven points clear now but we can't afford to rest, we have to keep pushing as if we were one point clear like we were before MK Dons. We're not going to get complacent, that would be the worst thing to do. This is such a crazy league that things can change very quickly. We've given ourselves a little bit of breathing space but we won't be taking our foot off the gas."

To read the full interview with Ince, in which he discusses his upbringing at Chelsea, his future at Brighton and some well-known family connections, get your hands on the award-winning programme on Saturday.

Other highlights in the only matchday magazine that matters - which is also available to download digitally from 9am on Saturday - are:

Chairman Shahid Khan pens his programme notes
Head Coach Slaviša Jokanović looks back on the win at Deepdale
Captain Scott Parker praises Fulham's new-found resilience
Michael Madl answers some random questions in the Name Game
Dale Tempest recalls his spell in SW6
Former Cardiff defender Danny Gabbidon on his two stints with the Bluebirds
Les Strong writes his latest column
We continue to take a walk down memory lane to the 1998/99 promotion-winning season
And there's a fascinating feature on Fulham's short-lived venture into the world of Rugby League

Priced £3.50, the 84-page publication is available from various sellers on Stevenage Road from two hours before kick-off. Or order it online from ProgrammeMaster.

For just £1.99, the programme is also available as a digital download with added video content from 9am on Saturday, so whether you're at home or away, you need never be without it on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PC or Mac via Apple's Newsstand or Pocketmags.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/08/the-middle-man?

WhiteJC

Cardiff City star Anthony Pilkington struggling to make Fulham clash as Slade admits four wins from last six might not be enough

Scans have revealed no major damage but the Irish international is still showing some signs of swelling on the eve of the trip to Fulham

Cardiff City star Anthony Pilkington is a doubt to face Fulham this weekend but should be fit for the remainder of the Bluebirds' play-off push.

The Irish international was forced off during the 0-0 draw with Burnley during the week after over extending his knee.

Whilst scans have revealed there is no serious damage, the striker is still showing some swelling and will be assessed again today before any final decision is made.

"He's had a scan and the scan was good because it didn't reveal anything sinister," said Cardiff boss Russell Slade

"There's a small bit of swelling there, he's obviously impinged on something.

"He is a doubt. We'll see how he is again today.

"But the good thing is, if he did miss Saturday, he should be available for the following Saturdays.

"Maybe this Saturday has come to soon but we're not ruling him out yet."

News of no serious damage will come as a relief to Slade as his side continue their charge for the post season, currently sitting four points behind Derby, who are in the final play-off spot, with six games remaining.

Pilkington has played a vital role in the Bluebirds' season, missing just a handful of games to date and slotting in up front ever since the departure of Kenwyne Jones.

The conundrum for Slade is whether he goes with Pilkington, who is still showing the effects of an injury, against Fulham or rests him in order to ensure he's fully fit for the tougher games to come later in the run-in.

Whoever plays, the Bluebirds boss is confident that his side must find at least 12 points along the way and may well need to win all their matches to reach the play-offs.

"I think we need a minimum of four (wins)," he said.

"I think it might be that, with everyone else's form, we may even need five.

"We're in a good place and that's the important thing.

"When that pressure mounts and you're running out of games, to have your group with a real focus, a real concentration and a real desire to go an achieve something, you're giving yourselves the best possible chance.

"You know football can be cruel and things can go wrong - injuries, sendings off or whatever - and games can ebb and flow and go against you.

"There are a whole host of things that can go for you and against you in the next six games and they will do.

"But we're in a good place, we couldn't be in a better place in many ways going into these last six games.

"I'm actually looking forward to the challenge and the games, I think the players are looking forward to it as well."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-star-anthony-pilkington-11156655?

WhiteJC

McCormack: Confidence High

Ross McCormack is confident Fulham can extend their winning run to three matches when they face Cardiff City if they show the same desire and application that's been evident of late.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/08/ross-mccormack-confidence-high?

WhiteJC

Fulham v Cardiff City

BBC coverage
How to follow:
Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website

TEAM NEWS
Fulham midfielder Tom Cairney could miss the visit of Cardiff after injuring himself during the win over Preston on Tuesday.

Defender Chris Baird is fit again but midfielder Lasse Vigen Christensen (hamstring) remains sidelined.

Cardiff winger Anthony Pilkington limped off during the draw with Burnley but has avoided serious injury.

Peter Whittingham and Craig Noone are both in contention to start after being rested.

MATCH FACTS
Fulham have conceded in each of their past 15 games in all competitions against Cardiff, conceding 30 goals.
Cardiff have won four of their past six league games against Fulham (D2).
Fulham striker Ross McCormack has been involved in 48% of their goals this season (29 of 61), the highest percentage in the Championship.
Four of Cardiff's past five goals have been headers, this after none of their previous 27 goals were scored this way.
Nine of Fulham's past 10 goals have been scored by either McCormack (5) or Moussa Dembele (4).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35948814

WhiteJC

Free Food & Drink Offer

To say thank you for your support this season, Season Ticket Holders can grab a free drink and hot food item at the home game with Nottingham Forest on Saturday 23rd April.

Fans aged 18 and over will be able to pick up an alcoholic beverage and a hot food item – all paid for by the Club. Soft drinks will also be available as an alternative or for our younger supporters.

Vouchers* will be sent to all Season Ticket Holders in advance via email.

*Voucher must be redeemed from a fixed kiosk before 2:30pm on matchday. Please ensure your email address is up to date. Contact the Fulham Ticket Office for further information.

Tickets for the game with Forest are on sale now, priced from £25 for adults and £15 for juniors. Secure your tickets online at fulhamfc.com/tickets, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (opt.2) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/08/forest-offer?

WhiteJC

Six decades of Cardiff City v Fulham matches.

Six questions about the team we're playing tomorrow with the answers to be put on here in the next day or so.

60s. This Fulham team group from early in this decade contains five players who were capped at full international level by England, can you name them?

2. This picture from an FA Cup tie between Exeter City and Manchester United in 1969 features two players who went on to play for Fulham in the 70s – one of them should be instantly recognisable, but the other one only had a short spell with the Craven Cottage club while on loan to them, who is he and what links him to Pele in a Fulham context?

80s. The player on the floor in this photo being given a helping hand by Spurs' Graham Roberts was a big money signing for us (by the standards of that particular time in our history at least!), who was part of a losing City team against Fulham during this decade, do you recognise him?

90s. Late in this decade, this man played twice for us against Fulham and we lost by the same score in both matches, do you know who he is?

00s. Name this mainstay of the Fulham team which achieved the club's highest ever league finish during this decade.

10s. Who is this?

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/six-decades-of-cardiff-city-v-fulham-matches-4/?

WhiteJC

Jokanović's Cardiff Preview

With Fulham on a good run, Slaviša Jokanović wants his side to continue approaching each fixture as though it's a cup final.

A draw at Birmingham City prior to the international break has been followed up by consecutive 2-1 triumphs over Milton Keynes Dons and Preston North End.

It's form that's moved the Whites seven points clear of the relegation zone, but Jokanović knows this is no time for complacency.

"This battle is not finished," he explained in his pre-Cardiff City press conference. "There are six very important games in front of us. We're now in six cup finals.

"We don't need to change anything and we're thinking about the Cardiff game like it's our last chance to lift a trophy, and for this trophy we'll do everything to win the game.

"With this mentality, with this level of concentration and with this kind of desire, I believe we have a chance to make our supporters happy. This is the only target which we have in front of us ahead of the game.

"We're on a positive streak at the moment. We were talking before about how we played very good football but couldn't find the results. As everyone knows, it's more important to win the games and win the points.

"In the last games we've tried to play a little bit differently, and we have to carry on with this positive manner, keep going and try and win more games in a row."

Cardiff's season is far from over, either, with Russell Slade's men still harbouring hopes of a top-six finish.

They're just four points off the pace as things stand, and Jokanović is expecting a tough test against a side who will be approaching the fixture with a similar mindset to him.

"It's hard, like always," he said of Saturday's game. "They're a very competitive and very organised team. They're fighting for the Play-Offs.

"I'm sure they're going to arrive as though they're playing a final because their target is fighting to play in the Play-Offs, so it's probably their plan to beat us in our stadium.

"We need to start at the beginning, win the first tackle, and concentrate from the first second of the game."

Last week the Cottage was rocking as Fulham saw off the challenge of MK Dons, and Jokanović is hoping his team can give the fans – who haven't had a great deal to cheer this season – more cause for celebration on Saturday.

"[Cardiff] are going to arrive at our home and they need to know where they're coming," he said. "In the last [home] game, we had fantastic support from the stands, and all the crowd understood we were in difficulty without offering them something brilliant or many things to enjoy.

"They pushed us very hard to win the game against MK Dons. I expect it's going to be something similar tomorrow and at the same time I expect we can offer a still better performance and offer very similar levels of the desire and competitiveness which we offered last Saturday at home."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/08/jokanovics-cardiff-city-preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham boosted by return of Tom Cairney ahead of Cardiff clash - as boss explains how things have changed

Whites get the thumbs-up from midfielder as they go in search of a third win on the trot to draw even further from the Championship drop zone

Fit: Tom Cairney

Tom Cairney has recovered from a dead leg to throw his name into the hat for the visit of Cardiff tomorrow.

The Fulham midfielder looked in trouble when he suffered the double whammy of injury and a booking in Tuesday's night 2-1 win at Preston - the first in four years for Whites on the road midweek.

But boss Slavisa Jokanovic has declared one of the few successes this season available to face the high-flying Bluebirds.

The gaffer said: "I don't whether he's going to be 85 or 90 percent, but he's going to be available - and Tom's a very important player for us."

Defender Tim Ream has also recovered from a slight knock that forced him off at half time against Preston, and Whites present an almost pristine bill of health save for long-term injured Lasse Christensen.

Different: Slavisa Jokanovic

Joka also explained that seven points out of the last 10 that has steered Fulham to relative safety in the Championship was borne out of a practical need rather than desire to play the beautiful game.

In two out of three, Fulham started with four centre backs to ensure more solidity in a defence that has leaked 66 goals this term - third worst in the division.

"We are a better team with the ball than without it, but we have been trying to find a balance in the last few games," he said.

"It's been about trying to find a way in a different zone of the field, and to do that sometimes it's the long ball and sometimes it's a different way.

"Generally we play very well in the last third; we've been trying to find a way to arrive there."

Tickets for Fulham v Cardiff are available on general sale, priced from £25 adults and £15 juniors (under 17).

Call the Fulham FC Ticket office on: 0843 208 1234 or visit: fulhamfc.com/tickets

What's more there will be a Family Fun Day from 11am prior to the 3pm kick-off. Activities include inflatables, sports games, face painter, balloon modeller, refreshment area and a lot more for all the family to enjoy for FREE in Bishop's Park next to the ground.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boosted-return-tom-cairney-11158245?

WhiteJC

RUSSELL | LET'S BUILD ON OUR FORM AGAINST FULHAM

On Friday morning, Russell Slade held a pre-match press conference looking ahead to Saturday's crucial trip to Craven Cottage.

Whilst citing the dangers of the Fulham team, who are the second-highest scorers in the League, Russell stressed the importance of the Bluebirds replicating their recent showings this time out against the Cottagers.

"It's important from our point of view that we try to get to the levels that we've created over the last two games, in terms of performance," said Russell.

"We've had two high level performances which have given us a platform, and we need to build on that on Saturday.

"We've heard that we've got a good support behind us tomorrow. That will be fantastic in the stadium there. Those travelling fans will be a huge boost for the players and might just get us over the line." 

Having this week been nominated for the Sky Bet Championship March Manager of the Month award, Russell was keen to praise his staff and players, along with the fans, as we head into the final six matches of the season.

"I don't really take it on a personal level," added Russell. "It's credit to the staff and shows how far we've come as a Football Club and as a team.

"We're all pulling in the same direction, with the fans as well, and there has been a real change in momentum and direction for the Football Club. It's pleasing to see that, and to see the Club being recognised for it."

Read more at http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/russell-lets-continue-our-form-against-fulham-3049253.aspx#VwPlZX5024qwRfZb.99

WhiteJC

Local Derby For U18s

Fulham Under-18s will be looking to bounce back from last week's heavy defeat when they host local rivals Chelsea at Motspur Park on Saturday (11am).

Steve Wigley's young Whites suffered something of a Dallas Cup hangover when they were beaten 5-1 by Liverpool at the training ground, while Chelsea were on the right side of a rout as they saw off Reading 6-2.

Those results meant the Blues leapfrogged Fulham in the standings, and they now occupy top spot in the Final Phase, although they have played more games than most other teams. The Whites will need to win on Saturday to move level with their local rivals on points.

The two sides have already made twice in the first phase of the Barclays U18 Premier League, drawing 2-2 at Motspur – with Moritz Jenz and Dennis Adeniran on target – while the Blues claimed a 1-0 win at Cobham in the reverse fixture.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/08/local-derby-for-u18s?

WhiteJC

Jokanović: A United Effort

Slaviša Jokanović reflects on a solid away win at Preston and previews the match against Cardiff City.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/08/head-coach-video?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss backs Double Ross to score against Cardiff City and win Grand National - check the odds

Whites chief has a fancy for a National name pretty much on the lips of all at Craven Cottage - as well as a target for every other Championship manager

Ross the boss: McCormack and Moussa Dembele celebrate

No prizes for guessing which horse in tomorrow's Grand National has caught Slavisa Jokanovic's fancy.

The Fulham head coach likes the sound of Double Ross – even if the Irish Chestnut gelding is an outside 66-1 to win.

Odds are somewhat tighter on his own Ross to bag a brace against Cardiff City.

It's a miserly 4/1 for a double hit, and 16/1 for a hat-trick from the Scotland international.

After all, McCormack has scored 23 of his side's 61 goals this season and has laid a few more on a plate for strike partner Moussa Dembele.

GetWestLondon did offer Joka a couple of other names that might ring a bell for the latest man in the Cottage hotseat.

Perfect Candidate? No, that didn't make an impression. On His Own – befitting the lot of all football managers everywhere. Nope: Double Ross does the job.

Joka joked: "If I choose one and it wins you give me 50 percent of the winnings.

"No, I like the name Double Ross." Fancy a flutter on the Aintree classic? Hit the story below, and use our super guide to the word's greatest horse race.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-backs-double-ross-11159726?

WhiteJC

End Of Season Sale

Fulham supporters can pick up our 2015/16 Home Shirt for just £22.49 in our End of Season Sale – that's a 50% saving!  What's more, junior home shirts are now just £9.99!

Furthermore, our home and away goalkeeping kits, are now half off in all adult and junior sizes with all shirts, shorts and socks available at a great saving.

We are also offering reductions in our Training Range, including the Adidas 15/16 Fulham Black Training Top which is now priced at just £29.99.

Check out the entire End of Season sale instore or via our online shop today.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/08/end-of-season-sale?

WhiteJC

Fulham captain Scott Parker offers verdict on Whites' season as Ross McCormack takes aim at Cardiff

The west Londoners are seven points clear of relegation after two wins on the spin and two defeats for MK Dons

Captain: Scott Parker

Fulham captain Scott Parker acknowledged that the Whites' season has been a bit of a mess.

Despite boasting two of the Championship's leading scorers in Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele, the west Londoners are only moving clear of the relegation zone after wins over MK Dons and Preston.

And the Fulham captain admitted that it was not a position he had expected to be in during the summer.

He said: "It's been very difficult. It's been a real shame and a bit of a mess. None of us at the football club – and I include the owner in that – anticipated we'd be where we are in the league.

"It's disappointing. I'm sure there are reasons. Our main focus is staying in the division. We've got our head around it and realised the situation we're in."

Parker added: "I'm sure everyone will get their heads together from the owner to the manager and the people involved. Everyone will have an opinion on what's gone wrong and what's gone right."

The midfielder knows full well that, if it wasn't for the goals from McCormack and Dembele, who have both been linked with the exit door this summer, then the Whites would be deeper in the relegation mire.

He said: "They're a vital part of the team. They're the boys that get the headlines. The centre forwards make the difference."

Fulham take on Cardiff City on Saturday and it will be a reunion of sorts for star striker McCormack.

The Scot spent two seasons in the Welsh capital and scored 25 goals in 74 league appearances for the Bluebirds.

But any friendships he has with his former team-mates will go out of the window.

The striker said: "It will be good to see some familiar faces at Cardiff, I keep in touch with a few of the lads there so it will be sweet.

"I am not going to be making friends on Saturday though – we will be chasing an important three points."

Tickets for Fulham v Cardiff City at Craven Cottage tomorrow (Saturday) are available to purchase on general sale, priced from just £25 adults and from £15 juniors (under 17).

Call the Fulham FC ticket office on 0843 208 1234 or visit fulhamfc.com/tickets.

There will be a family fun day in Bishop's Park from midday prior to the 3pm kick-off.

Activities include inflatables, sports games, face painting, balloon modelling and a lot more for all the family to enjoy for free.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-captain-scott-parker-offers-11154808?

WhiteJC

'Where you go we follow' – Cardiff to take big support to Fulham

Cardiff City will travel to Craven Cottage with around 2000 supporters on Saturday afternoon as the Bluebirds' faithful get behind their team's play-off push.

Russell Slade's men continue their play-off push against strugglers Fulham on Saturday afternoon and Cardiff supporters will be at Craven Cottage in their thousands in a bid to give their team the extra yard in the English capital.

Around 2000 of the Bluebirds' faithful will be in attendance as Cardiff drum up one of the biggest away attendances in two years. Cardiff will need the support as they begin their six remaining 'cup finals' at one of England's most famous 'retro' grounds on Saturday.

Cardiff boss Russell Slade had his say on the importance of support. He said: "We've heard that we've got a good support behind us tomorrow. That will be fantastic in the stadium there. Those travelling fans will be a huge boost for the players and might just get us over the line."

Craig Noone's late wonder-strike secured a point for Cardiff against Fulham in the reverse fixture this season as the teams met on the opening day of the Championship season.

Tickets are still on sale to Cardiff City supporters via the ticket office which is open for walk-ins between 10-11am. The ticket office will be open for calls throughout the day or alternatively, you can purchase the tickets at Craven Cottage but there will be a small price increase on advertised prices.

http://insidecardiffcity.co.uk/go-follow-cardiff-take-big-support-fulham/?

WhiteJC

3 things to look out for in the Fulham v Cardiff City match

The end of the Sky Bet Championship season is hotting up as Fulham welcome Cardiff City to Craven Cottage in an affair that could define both clubs' seasons.

Fulham have given themselves a brilliant chance of surviving in the division, as they have recorded back-to-back 2-1 victories over Preston North End and fellow strugglers MK Dons.

The West London club's recent success was no more than they have deserved over the past week, and they have eased their relegation worries by moving seven points adrift of the bottom three.

Meanwhile at the other end of the table, the visitors today Cardiff will be scrapping for every point that they can in the race for the top six.

In the midweek fixture against the table-toppers Burnley, they secured a credible 0-0 result at Turf Moor, but they can't afford to drop any more points as games are running out fast.

This is a pivotal clash for both sides for different reasons, but a win for Fulham could see them climb three places into 16th, while Cardiff will remain in seventh place, only a point off Derby County in sixth, if they win at Craven Cottage and the Rams suffer defeat against Bolton Wanderers.

FootballLeagueWorld writer Ashley Williams identifies THREE things to look out for in this afternoon's game..

1) Does victory for Fulham secure their Championship status?
Fulham's recent rise of form will be revelation to the supporters, and they will now be confident that they can upset Cardiff.

Slavisa Jokanovic's men had gone five games without a win, three of them being losses, before their revival.

They will be chasing their third consecutive victory today, and Jokanovic has really got his side united and playing well.

I think if the bottom three all lose today and Fulham win, then a ten point gap will be more than enough to ensure that they are safe.

The Serbian's next worry will be whether he can keep hold of his prized assets, Moussa Dembele and Ross McCormack, who are both expected to leave Craven Cottage in the summer.

2) Could defeat for Cardiff end their play off chase? 
It's all or nothing for the Bluebirds at the moment, and that play-off spot will depend on whether they secure as many points as possible, and hope that Derby and Sheffield Wednesday start to crumble under pressure.

With the Owls unbeaten in five games, winning four of them on that run, the Bluebirds will be hoping that Derby will replicate their final day blunders from last season.

This won't be an easy day for Cardiff, as Fulham are high in confidence and need the points as much as they do.

Derby play Bolton on Saturday and, with the Rams likely to seal Bolton's fate to League One, the Welsh side need to secure three points, as a ten point gap could be too much for them to catch up.

3) Dembele and McCormack threat
Without these pair, Fulham would be doomed as their goals have saved their season, which has seen them linked with a move away.

Cardiff will be aware of McCormack's formidable presence during his time in South Wales. The Scottish striker scored 25 goals in 74 games for Cardiff before he made the move to Leeds United.

Manager Russell Slade feels it will be key to Cardiff's chances to isolate Fulham's prolific strike force as they visit West London.

McCormack is the second-highest scorer in the Championship with 21 goals, while Dembele has 14.

Fulham have been very shaky at the back all season which could prove to be thrilling game at Craven Cottage, if the Scottish and Frenchman are in the mood.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-things-to-look-out-for-in-the-fulham-v-cardiff-city-match/?