watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thoughts Today

Started by @jolslover, April 09, 2016, 06:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

What a game today was, Great to see Emo get the last minute winner and lets hope he now signs a contract.
3 wins on the bounce for the first time in years. Brilliant stuff.
Heres some thoughts on how players did for those who weren't there

Betts 6- didn't have much to do. Passionate as always
Stearman 7- so solid, started at RB (Where he didnt offer much going forward) then moved second half to CB, one of his best games in a Fulham shirt, nothing got past him.
Amorebieta 8- had a great game, no silly challenges or fouls, kept it solid at the back
Madl 7- probably the best player of the first half, but got taken off with injury at HT. Usual solid self
Garbutt 7- kept flying in with tackles all game, left Immers unmarked for their goal but other than that did well
Fredericks 8- came on at half time and they couldn't handle him, created so many chances, so quick
Tunnicliffe 6- worked hard throughout but game seemed to pass him by
Parker 8- warrior, took his goal very well and never stopped running, workhorse
Ince 8- still undefeated with Ince in the team and he will be missed against Brighton. Big presence and really impacts game, wins so many second balls
Hyndman 9- first half struggled to impact game but nearly scored goal of season with solo run, second half moved to CM and ran Game, was thinking about him MOTM and the goal sealed it.
LVC 7- positively impacted game and improvement on tunni, kept ball alive for final goal
Baird 6- solid when came on, few decent passes, Looks a good man to come on for 30 mins here and there when Parker tires
Mccormack 7, didn't have his best game but still created alot and worked hard
Dembele 7, brilliant assist for parkers goal however missed a chance he should have scored but he was still causing problems all game.
STH H3

Domino1879

Sorry, can't agree about Garbutt.   He doesn't seem to be able to pass forwards or take the ball upfield.  Got caught ball watching too often.  Weakest player on the pitch today imo.

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on April 09, 2016, 07:25:25 PM
harsh on Ross I feel. He looked like creating something whenever he got the ball, even surrounded by Cardiff. I spent a few minutes in the game wondering when was the last time we had someone that was so clearly the best player in the league

Yh, Shows how good he is that even on an off day (in my opinion) he can have a good game.
STH H3

FPT

I think I more or less agree really, I was thinking on my way home that the second half may be Richard Stearman's best performance in a Fulham shirt - he was critical in us having the majority in the game as he always got that nick over his striker in order to box Cardiff in.

Considering this was a Fulham team without potentially our most influential player in Tom Cairney, it was great. It'll be interesting to see how Jokanovic moves into the next game at Brighton with an ineligible Rohan Ince.

Only rating I'd really contest changing would be Luke Garbutt I think. He's just not been very good in a Fulham shirt, and today was another very average performance from him.

Neil D

Stearman had a great first half and was less apparent in the second only because we spent more time going forward.  Hyndman did score but I thought he only contributed fitfully and it was a toss-up between him and Tunnicliffe as to who should have come off first.  Ince was a strong presence and added plenty of bite in midfield.  Madl was good too but, in retrospect, his injury proved fortuitous because it got Fredericks on early.  Why wasn't he playing from the start?  It does worry me that SJ doesn't appear to appreciate what he brings to the team.

dannyboi-ffc

Most ratings are on the money. I cant agree with Garbutt, I feel really short changed seeing what could have been with Husband. The lad is so over rated.

I'm pleased Amore is winning people over. I prefer the way he presses strikers, Burn drops off to much.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Dodger53

I thought Garbutt was poor, Dembele had a poor game but kept running and working hard. The rest were superb.

Snibbo

Quote from: Statto on April 09, 2016, 07:25:25 PM
...when was the last time we had someone that was so clearly the best player in the league

That would be Berbatov (in his own mind) :005:

One James stannard

I'm not the biggest fan of Amorebieta but I thought he had a blinder today

Lighthouse

The performances over the last four games have had patches of being pretty poor. Yet the dogged approach has given us the results. Hyndman was pretty off the pace today and his passing was poor for much of the game. But he took the chance well at the end.

A relief after the nerves of last week to see the table now. MK need to win 4 of their last matches. We need to lose them all. Not sure even we can blow it now. So nice to see LVC and Hyndman having a run and nice to see the team dig in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EJL

Quote from: FPT on April 09, 2016, 08:53:10 PM
I think I more or less agree really, I was thinking on my way home that the second half may be Richard Stearman's best performance in a Fulham shirt - he was critical in us having the majority in the game as he always got that nick over his striker in order to box Cardiff in.

Considering this was a Fulham team without potentially our most influential player in Tom Cairney, it was great. It'll be interesting to see how Jokanovic moves into the next game at Brighton with an ineligible Rohan Ince.

Only rating I'd really contest changing would be Luke Garbutt I think. He's just not been very good in a Fulham shirt, and today was another very average performance from him.
Think Christensen will start at Brighton, unless it's too early for him. Not sure what his recovery schedule has been like.