News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It's really boring on here when we're winning.

Started by win-dup, April 12, 2016, 08:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

Nobody moaning, no posts disintegrating into slanging matches, nobody threatening not to renew their s/t next season and with it looking like the new Riverside is actually going to get underway even my cynicism is tempered. Though I do think it sinister that (luxury) apartments will be incorporated.
Happy days are here again, maybe.

filham

Amazing how three odd goal victories can generate that feel good factor.
However with five matches to go there are still banana skins in our path that could leave us all feeling down in the dumps again by the end of the season.

Lighthouse

:005: Actually it was getting pretty boring with us losing all the time. Everybody entrenched in their own fox hole of opinion. The wins don't change opinion but they do relax the mind.

We still concede stupid goals and we still haven't played a decent 90 minutes. So the results change but actually we don't and neither do our opinions.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

18stepsup

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 12, 2016, 10:37:52 AM
:005: Actually it was getting pretty boring with us losing all the time. Everybody entrenched in their own fox hole of opinion. The wins don't change opinion but they do relax the mind.

We still concede stupid goals and we still haven't played a decent 90 minutes. So the results change but actually we don't and neither do our opinions.
You missed Dannyboi's post where he recognised that with some good coaching Fredericks may have a future at Fulham. That was an enormous change of opinion .

NogoodBoyo

Wasn't Graham G's recent tirade and Lucan-like disappearance confrontational enough?
Nogood "some can still turn it on, whatever, isit" Boyo

Hoppus

My point throughout has been that we can not think so incredibly shortsighted. So it was under Kit also, we won, he was genial. Two losses in a row and we wanted his head on a platter.
Now we have three in a row, and finally we have the margins we lacked earlier in the season. It does not make Slavisa a genius, but shows that he is not the fool many in here have claimed.

We have a squad that is not put together by an overarching idea of how we want to play football. Therefore, we must now give Slavisa time to form a team for his philosophy. And stop with the nonsense where we paint everything black and white. If we lose away against Brighton some people will undoubtedly go bananas and demand that he get fired. We must judge Slavisa when he is given time and at least two transfer window.

Lighthouse has been honest that he does not like Slavisa, that's fair enough.  I think Slavisa can become a great manager for us, but I am skeptical as to which support he gets from the board. He must have the final word in transfer policy, if not, I think this can be a big mess.

This season has been a mess, I hope Slavisa is given time and money. Then we can judge him one year from now.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Hoppus on April 12, 2016, 12:36:28 PM

My point throughout has been that we can not think so incredibly shortsighted. So it was under Kit also, we won, he was genial. Two losses in a row and we wanted his head on a platter.
Now we have three in a row, and finally we have the margins we lacked earlier in the season. It does not make Slavisa a genius, but shows that he is not the fool many in here have claimed.

We have a squad that is not put together by an overarching idea of how we want to play football. Therefore, we must now give Slavisa time to form a team for his philosophy. And stop with the nonsense where we paint everything black and white. If we lose away against Brighton some people will undoubtedly go bananas and demand that he get fired. We must judge Slavisa when he is given time and at least two transfer window.

Lighthouse has been honest that he does not like Slavisa, that's fair enough.  I think Slavisa can become a great manager for us, but I am skeptical as to which support he gets from the board. He must have the final word in transfer policy, if not, I think this can be a big mess.

This season has been a mess, I hope Slavisa is given time and money. Then we can judge him one year from now.

It is not so much that I dislike SJ. But I didn't agree with those who blamed our poor results since he joined on Symons and a poor squad and allowed SJ an awful lot of leeway. However I agree and always have done that we need a bit of stability and agree that SJ must be given time and hopefully money.

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 12, 2016, 02:45:33 PM

It is not so much that I dislike SJ. But I didn't agree with those who blamed our poor results since he joined on Symons and a poor squad and allowed SJ an awful lot of leeway. However I agree and always have done that we need a bit of stability and agree that SJ must be given time and hopefully money.

Aaargh, please let's not open that old wound. Don't bite anyone.

fulhamben

Quote from: Twig on April 12, 2016, 03:12:21 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on April 12, 2016, 02:45:33 PM

Aaargh, please let's not open that old wound. Don't bite anyone.
but I know how he feels. Some people laughably blamed kits poor results and performances on Felix rather than kits own inadequacy
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

The Old Count

love4ffc

Three games on the run with brilliant results.  Hard game coming up on Friday.  Time to focus on the here and now and get behind the lads and hope for at least a point.  That would be incredible to me and very exciting.   049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on April 12, 2016, 08:31:06 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on April 12, 2016, 11:48:09 AM
Wasn't Graham G's recent tirade and Lucan-like disappearance confrontational enough?
Nogood "some can still turn it on, whatever, isit" Boyo

there are a few that seem to have disappeared now we're doing better. i've heard of fair weather fans but never the opposite... ?!

Apparently Davew is away looking for Speiths Balls
in the water at the 12th at Augusta......lol

Baszab

I have nothing to complain about the results - all managers need a bit of luck and we got it - twice - PNE and against Cardiff

The players are actually trying so SJ must be doing something right