https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ray Lewington and co being frozen out

Started by epsomraver, August 13, 2010, 09:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: epsomraver on August 13, 2010, 09:43:34 AM
You never know shady, he might make a blinding cup of tea! :005:
As it happens he was the tealady at Chelsea, i remember a picture of him as a player making the tea at scumford bridge in Roy of the Rovers.

FatFreddysCat

I seem to recall a post i made that i was concerned that Hughes was made to keep Ray as part of the deal, ok if Sparky wants him, but it seems he dosen't and it could cause a bad atmosphere around the club. Best to just pay him off  :038: . But i will be forever grateful for his equalizer against Qpha at the Cottage many moons ago, saved me getting stick at a 90% haha supporting school the next day.

Banstead White

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on August 13, 2010, 02:00:15 PM
The thing is about Ray is yes he is very loyal, and yes he loves the club, and yes he has done everything ever asked of him to help the club out,thing is,is he good at his job??? that's the only thing that matters bottom line and the only thing you can judge a coach on-all of the other things are nice and as fans we love it when we see someone as dedicated as we are,BUT,in the real world none of that matters,the only thing that matters is are you any good at your job? and that is the thing as fans we will never really know :dft008:
I agree with all of that, perhaps its a reflection of the wider modern society....whilst i'm not sure I like it, it is a difficult point to argue against. Does anyone know if Gary Brazil went too??
Roysie

Chopper

I cannot see a role for Ray in the first team set up but would hope we could find a position for him with the reserves or youth teams. Can't see Sparky wanting to get involved with that level of the club unless there's someone who could feature for the firsts.

I think we owe Ray the option at least. Top bloke in my view and a decent player too.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

tingtawng

its not surprising news ,its well known that sparky and the mac allegedly don't get on ,so it looks like they are building barriers and keeping them selves to themselves . :031:
IN SVEN VE TVUST

LRCN

unbelievable, one day we're slagging off roy for not being loyal the next day we're not being loyal to one of the clubs best servants.

Lighthouse

Without RL at the moment  I am sure the hand over would have been harder for all concerned. Only today Hughes mentioned how good the set up and back room staff were already. Well RL is part of that. So he may not be part of the inner circle but I hope he will remain as a coach.

But the bottom line is we have a new manager. It will be up to him to find the best way to move Fulham forward. I think he has a harder job than he lets on. So far the noise coming from Fulham sounds fine.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 13, 2010, 07:17:33 PM
Without RL at the moment  I am sure the hand over would have been harder for all concerned. Only today Hughes mentioned how good the set up and back room staff were already. Well RL is part of that. So he may not be part of the inner circle but I hope he will remain as a coach.

But the bottom line is we have a new manager. It will be up to him to find the best way to move Fulham forward. I think he has a harder job than he lets on. So far the noise coming from Fulham sounds fine.
That almost sounds like a the glass is half full sort of post LH, i'm confused  :dft012: .

Pickle

Ok heres what I know - RL has no role at the moment, RH wanted to take him to L'pool but 2 things stopped it RL not wanting to move and the agreement that no staff were allowed to go with RH - according to my source (sauce?!) he wants the youth team job as apparently the coaching is not all that............

bigalffc

Quote from: Banstead White on August 13, 2010, 11:50:02 AM
I really cant believe all that I read here on this thread, I beg to question if you guys have really been around that long, and I mean that with absolutely no malice or wish to sound offensive. As a footballer he wasn't that great?? Well I watched him and never thought he was that bad actually. Each time a "NEW" Management has come to the club with high expectations, numerous managers who have come and gone down the years who else has there been to jump at the helm, to step into the breech. Other clubs all over have one or two "mainstays", that do "bleed for the club", (to quote a previous post) these individuals are needed to create some form of cohesion....hughes will go, one day, and if he brings in his own with no connection to the club what do you think happens when he buggers off....perhaps we get Sandra out of the ticket office 'cos thats the closest you will get to someone who cares. OK I may be talking extremes and accept there may be a backlash from one or two of you,maybe more?, BUT I recall games seeing Lewi on the turnstiles to help out when the muck really did hit the fan (sic). He has shown an ability to adapt down the years to numerous Managers and their "styles"....maybe he is not Asst Manager or Manager material I dont know but you sure as hell cant call him a bad coach as that is incredibly subjective, he can only coach the syle he is asked.
Maybe i'm really missing a point and now beginning to ramble BUT RAY MUST STAY!! :clap_hands:
here here!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

beijing ben

Loyalty shouldn't be underestimated. As someone said, we have been flying off the handle for Roy showing no loyalty. Now we have someone who turned down a role at a bigger club and was part of our best ever achievements and who wants to stay and we are questioning them!

He did a decent job at Watford as their manager. Some good cup runs whilst having no money. He brought through Ashley Young during that time. He's had pretty much impossible management jobs wherever he has been but has done ok.

The implication is that what Hughes brings with him makes Lewington look like an amateur... Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki with Kevin Hitchcock and Glyn Hodges to follow!!! Obviously i want them to do well and the manager should have around him exactly who he wants. If Ray does not fit into that then fine, but to suggest that Ray is not up to it is totally unfair. Most clubs have a member of the coaching staff that stays whatever happens, sometimes through management changes. They are often people who were not great players but are loyal to the club, therefore gaining a connection with the club, therefore being trusted with wanting what is best for the club: Sammy Lee (Liverpool), Brian McClair (Man U), Pat Rice (Arsenal), Ray Wilkins (traitor) etc.. Roy understood that was the case with Ray. I hope he stays

epsomraver

Quote from: SHADY1 on August 13, 2010, 09:41:29 AM
Thats assuming the players actually feel that he brings anything to the table... maybe they will enjoy a complete new appraoch from more modern thinking coaching .. I've not seen anything in his time as a coach to suggest hes made a significant contribution....

I'm laughing at the thought  Liverpool may have taken him on ... Lewington coaching Gerrard & co  :005:

Eat your words shady mate?