watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (15/04/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 15, 2016, 07:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham boss explains plan to keep Tottenham, Liverpool and Everton target Moussa Dembele one more season

The teenage sensation was on the cusp of joining Tottenham in January until negotiations broke down, and has expressed ambitions for the future

Target: Moussa Dembele

Slavisa Jokanovic believes he will persuade Moussa Dembele to stay one more season at Fulham.

The teenage sensation was on the cusp of joining Tottenham in January until negotiations broke down, and has expressed ambitions for the future.

But Fulham's head coach insists he can talk the one half of Whites scoring act into extending his contract when the current one runs out in June.

Dembele has hit 16 of the 39 goals shared with Ross McCormack - 62 per cent of the club's total, and after convincing Mac the Attack to commit to Fulham's future, Joka wants to get the same promise from the Frenchman.

Jokanovic said: "I believe there is a possibility to get Moussa to stay.

"I know it's his decision; his agent's and his family around him. He's a very clever guy; he's very young, and 100 per cent he has a future in front of him.

"What Fulham can offer him can be the best way for him.

"He has a career which is 16 years more, and he has to make a choice as to how he travels these 16 years. He needs to be very clever and choose what's best for him."

The head coach hopes a reminder of what the club has already done for Dembele since he joined as nothing more than a promising 14-year-old, and how he can protect the France U20 international from a frustrating time on the bench of a Premier League club, will do the trick.

"What's best for him, is best for us too, and so he can play a season more in the club," Jokanovic added. "Moussa is a Fulham boy and Fulham gave him many things.

"I'm not so sentimental about this. But he can decide to give us something and we will give him something back. It's still better here for him here in the future."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-boss-explains-plan-keep-11183902?

WhiteJC

No Joy From Fulham Finale

Molineux defeat for Under 21s

Wolves 0

Fulham 3 (Kait 18, Adebayo 25, De La Torre 36)

There was no happy end to the season for the Wolves Under 21s who lost their final League match of the campaign going down 3-0 to Fulham at Molineux with the visitors hitting all three in an 18 minute first-half spell.

In the seventh minute Connor Ronan's corner almost led to a goal as Aaron Hayden made a close range connection only for his header to hit a defender in front of goal before bouncing behind.

Four minutes later another home corner, this time taken by Daniel Armstrong, saw another close thing with Bradley Reid's header hitting team-mate Donovan Wilson which took the sting out of the ball allowing Fulham keeper Magnus Norman a comfortable save.

Fulham took the lead in the 18th minute with what was their first real attempt at goal. Ryheem Sheckleford did well on the right before cutting into the box and laying the ball into the path of Mattias Kait who calmly netted from the edge of the area.

The Fulham duo combined again a few moments later but this time Kait headed wide at the far post following a good cross from Sheckleford.

But Fulham doubled their lead in the 25th minute when Elijah Adebayo prodded the ball home from close quarters after Joshua Walker had delivered a low centre.

Harry Burgoyne made a good save in turning away a fierce drive from Lucas De La Torre but the Fulham man was celebrating in the 36th minute as he turned the ball over the line after Kait's low cross was allowed to run through to him.

After making a positive start to the game, a shell shocked Wolves suddenly found themselves three down although three times as the half drew to a close, they had the chance of reducing the deficit.

Norman pulled off a superb save to deny Wilson who hit a tremendous shot from the edge of the box. Then Armstrong headed Aaron Collins's cross onto the roof of the net before, in stoppage time, Collins was inches wide with a low effort from 20-yards.

Half-Time: Wolves 0 Fulham 3

Ross Finnie replaced Reid at the start of the second-half which was seconds old when Norman saved from Hakeem Odoffin at his near post.

Wolves were enjoying plenty of the attacking possession but the Fulham defence absorbed the pressure and they looked dangerous on the break as was the case when Burgoyne had to be at his best in saving from Walker at the expense of a corner.

Burgoyne then had to knock aside a shot from Shane Elworthy in a spell when Fulham made three substitutions and Wolves one with Will Randall taking over from Collins on the left side of midfield.

Norman had to dive smartly to his right to save a flick from Wilson after a cross from Armstrong and then the keeper went full length to clutch hold of a low drive from Ronan who had cut inside his marker as he ran into the area.

Burgoyne kept out Kait's angled drive and, after Jordan Allen went on as a late replacement for Wilson, the substitute saw his header saved by Norman at the end of what had been a disappointing night for the home team.

Wolves: Burgoyne, Odoffin, Breslin, Rainey (capt), Hayden, Leak, Armstrong, Ronan, Reid (Finnie 45), Wilson (Allan 84), Collins (Randall 69).

Unused subs: Simpson, Upton.

Fulham: Norman, Sheckleford, Elworthy, Smile (capt)s, Davies (Humphrys 69), Soler, De La Torre, Adeniran (Thorsteinsson 62), Walker, Kait, Adebayo (Opoku 76).

Unused sub: Hammond.

Referee: W. Smallwood.

Attendance: 266.

Read more at http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/no-joy-from-fulham-finale-3058294.aspx#MiDQOUkXZuyU9sfm.99

WhiteJC

Win Betts' Seats

Marcus Bettinelli has donated his seats on the Cottage balcony for the home match with Nottingham Forest on Saturday 23rd April.

To be in with a chance of winning these tickets, simply donate £10 to the #Cohen66 campaign and answer a simple question correctly.

This is the third time a Fulham player has donated their balcony seats for a match. Have a read of the below testimonies to see how the winners of Scott Parker and Ross McCormack's seats enjoyed their afternoons from a unique vantage point.

Mike Chantry, pictured with his daughter Amy:

"After supporting Fulham for 57 years it's always been my dream to see at least one game from the Cottage balcony. So I was delighted I had the opportunity to bid for two balcony seats at the MK Dons game and help the Cohen 66 fundraising effort at the same time.

"With a son, daughter and grandson all Season Ticket Holders my biggest problem was choosing who would join me. As my daughter Amy alerted me to the raffle and kept me up to date with the status of my bids I thought it only fair to take her.

"We both had a great day and had the opportunity to mix with the players and their families after a great result. Sadly I'm in America for the Forest game so won't be able to bid, anyway it's only fair to give someone else a chance. Thanks to Scott Parker for donating his two tickets."

Alan Morris, pictured with his father William:

"My Dad and I were over the absolutely delighted to have won the Cottage balcony competition. We have both supported Fulham for many years (my Dad from the 1950s) and have pretty much stood, sat and supported the Whites from every vantage point at the ground, except from the Cottage itself.

"The Cottage is so unique and is such a big part of what makes Fulham and the ground so special to all the supporters. It really was a privilege and an experience we will definitely never forget – especially after Emerson's last minute goal!

"A big thank you to Ross for donating his tickets and to everyone at Fulham; they couldn't do enough for us to make it such a fantastic day and make us feel so welcome. May we also wish continued good luck to the George Cohen Fund in its incredible efforts to reach the £100k target."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/14/win-betts-seats?

WhiteJC

Fulham tickets on sale to Previous Purchasers now

Previous purchasers are now able to purchase tickets to our last home game of the 15/16 season

Previous purchasers are now able to secure tickets for our last home match of the season, against Fulham on Saturday 30 April. To ensure you don't miss out, purchase your tickets now.

On-sale dates:
Members: On sale now (four per person)
Season Ticket Holders: On sale now (three per person)
Previous Purchasers: On sale now (four per person)
Ticket Access Points: 5

Prices and Availability
Become a Member today and enjoy a £5 discount on your match ticket as well as a number of other benefits, find out more and join online now.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/tickets-brentford-fulham-on-sale-2995094.aspx#c8IsImhd9Who6SR4.99

WhiteJC

Betts: Unbelievable Support

Marcus Bettinelli is looking forward to being roared on by another strong travelling contingent in Brighton on Friday.

More than 3,000 fans saw the Whites claim a 2-1 win at the Amex Stadium last season, and after selling out our initial allocation this time around, the 23-year-old is hoping for more of the same.

Recalling our last trip there, Bettinelli told the official website: "Being in front of the fans with them behind the goal, I remember thinking 'this is the best noise I've heard from the Fulham fans at an away game.'

"It really was and if I play Friday I'm looking forward to hearing that again. The fans play a massive part when we play, especially away from home.

"It can be daunting and we always appreciate their efforts and their time and money that they give each week to try and support us. I'm sure they'll turn out in massive numbers on Friday and give us a great reception."

Ex-Whites favourite David Stockdale is likely to be in goal for the Seagulls, and while Bettinelli is keen to see his friend and former mentor succeed, he's hoping that doesn't happen until after they've met on the South Coast.

"I'm looking forward to seeing Stocko again," he said. "He's having a great season and I hope they can go and get promoted, but only after we've put a little dent in their promotion push on Friday.

"It's going to be a good game, it's a lovely stadium to go and play in. As I said, last year when we went there we won and the fans were unbelievable. I'm sure they'll be the same this time around so hopefully we can get a good result for them again."

For the full interview with Marcus, tune in to #FFCRadio from 7.15pm on Friday, via fulhamfc.com or the official app.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/14/marcus-bettinelli-unbelievable-support?

WhiteJC

Liverpool and Manchester United hold striker signing talks but Chelsea move to hijack deal
CHELSEA have made contact over a possible deal for Fulham striker Moussa Dembele.

INTEREST: Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United are keen on Moussa Dembele

The 19-year-old has hit 16 goals in all competitions and has a host of clubs queuing up to sign him with his contract set to expire at the end of the season.

Get French Football News claim Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham have all got in touch with Dembele's representatives in recent weeks.

But Chelsea are ready to trump their Premier League rivals after launching a move.

Dembele, who saw a January move to Spurs collapse, was this week nominated for the Football League Young Player of the Year award due to his stunning campaign.

Fulham are desperately trying to get the France Under-19 international into committing his future to the club.

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic said: "I believe there is a possibility to get Moussa to stay.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/508075/Moussa-Dembele-Fulham-Transfer-News-Chelsea-Liverpool-Man-Utd

WhiteJC

Alan Judge, Andre Gray, Ross McCormack on shortlist for Championship Player of the Year

Brentford's Alan Judge, Burnley's Andre Gray and Fulham's Ross McCormack make up the three-man shortlist for 2015-16 Championship Player of the Year.

Midfielder Judge - who suffered a double leg-break against Ipswich last Saturday and is out for the rest of the season - has been in superb form for the Bees, scoring 14 league goals on the way to winning his first cap for Republic of Ireland.

Striker Gray, since signing for Burnley from Brentford last summer, is the Championship's top-scorer with 23 goals, helping keep the Clarets on course for automatic promotion straight back to the Premier League.

Scotland international forward McCormack, meanwhile, has scored 21 Championship goals despite the Whites' struggles against relegation this season.

The winner will be announced at the Football League awards in Manchester on Sunday April 17.

The award is voted for by the manager of each of 24 Championship clubs. They are asked to list their top-five players from this season in order, with the votes added up to find the most frequently named three players.

Ross McCormack has scored 21 goals despite Fulham battling against relegation

Chelsea's Patrick Bamford won the award last season for his superb form on loan at Middlesbrough, while Danny Ings - then with Burnley, now with Liverpool - won the award in 2014.

Other previous winners include Matej Vydra (Watford - 2013), Rickie Lambert (Southampton - 2012), Adel Taarabt (QPR - 2011), Kevin Nolan (Newcastle - 2010), Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, (Wolves - 2009), Kevin Phillips (West Brom - 2008), Jason Koumas (West Brom - 2007) and Phil Jagielka (Sheffield Utd - 2006).

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10242335/alan-judge-andre-gray-ross-mccormack-on-shortlist-for-championship-player-of-the-year?

WhiteJC

McCormack Shortlisted

Ross McCormack has been nominated for the 2016 Sky Bet Championship Player of the Year award.

The Fulham striker has had superb campaign to date, scoring 21 times in the league – 23 in all competitions – whilst he has also laid on eight assists for his teammates.

McCormack's nomination means the Club could win as many as three awards at the Football League ceremony this coming Sunday, with Moussa Dembélé up for Young Player of the Year, and Fulham in contention for Family Club of the Year.

Completing the three-man shortlist for Player of the Year are Burnley's Andre Gray, the only player to have scored more than McCormack, and Brentford midfielder Alan Judge.

"I'm very humbled to have been shortlisted for the Player of the Year award," McCormack told fulhamfc.com. "It's not been the season we were all hoping for but hopefully we've turned a corner now and I can continue to contribute in the remaining five matches.

"Many thanks to all the fans for supporting me and the rest of the team through thick and thin this year."

The Sky Bet Player of the Year awards have been voted for by managers of the clubs in each division. Each Championship manager was asked to list their top-five players from this season in order, with the votes added up and the overall top three forming the shortlist.

The Football League Awards celebrates on-and-off-pitch excellence across The League's 72 clubs, rewarding players, clubs and fans.

Speaking on the award, Shaun Harvey, Chief Executive of The Football League, said: "We're delighted to announce the shortlist for this prestigious award.

"It has been another fantastic season in the Sky Bet Championship and the performances that these three players have shown throughout the campaign make them very deserving of a place on the shortlist. We look forward to announcing the winner on Sunday evening."

Previous Championship Player of the Year winners are:

2015: Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough)

2014: Danny Ings (Burnley)

2013: Matej Vydra (Watford)

2012: Rickie Lambert (Southampton)

2011: Adel Taarabt (Queens Park Rangers)

2010: Kevin Nolan (Newcastle United)

2009: Sylvan Ebanks-Blake (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

2008: Kevin Phillips (West Bromwich Albion)

2007: Jason Koumas (West Bromwich Albion)

2006: Phil Jagielka (Sheffield United)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/14/ross-mccormack-shortlisted-for-player-of-the-year?

WhiteJC

Football League Awards: Judge, Gray & McCormack battle for Championship prize

Alan Judge, Andre Gray and Ross McCormack were nominated by the 24 Championship managers

Brentford midfielder Alan Judge, Burnley striker Andre Gray and Fulham forward Ross McCormack have been nominated for the Football League's Championship player of the year award.

Gray, 24, has scored 23 league goals this season - 21 of them coming since a £9m move from Brentford in August.

McCormack, 29, has netted 21 times in the Championship for struggling Fulham.

Judge, 27, scored 14 goals in 38 league games for Brentford before suffering a season-ending injury on Saturday.

The Republic of Ireland international broke his leg in the win at Ipswich, which will rule him out of Euro 2016 in France this summer.

"It has been Alan's most productive season and he has been talismanic for us," Brentford head coach Dean Smith told BBC Radio London.

"I am really pleased he has been recognised for what he has been doing. It is going to be hard for whoever has to pick between those three players.

"Whoever wins it is going to deserve it."

The Football League Awards ceremony will be held in Manchester on Sunday.

Player of the Year shortlists

Championship Player of the Year: Andre Gray (Burnley), Alan Judge (Brentford), Ross McCormack (Fulham)

League One Player of the Year: Nicky Ajose (Swindon), Bradley Dack (Gillingham), Romaine Sawyers (Walsall)

League Two Player of the Year: Ricky Holmes (Northampton), Kemar Roofe (Oxford), Matty Taylor (Bristol Rovers)

Young Player of the Year: Lewis Cook (Leeds), Moussa Dembele (Fulham), Rico Henry (Walsall)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36037558

WhiteJC

Elijah Adebayo Stars As Fulham U21s Earn 3-0 Win Against Wolves

Three players of Nigerian descent were in action on Wednesday as Fulham posted a 3-0 win against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the U21 Premier League Division 2 at the Molineux Stadium.

Dennis Adeniran and Elijah Adebayo made the starting XI of the Londoners, while defender Hakeem Odoffin made his sixth consecutive start for Wolves U21s since joining the club from Barnet in the winter transfer market.

Adebayo doubled the lead for Fulham in the 25th minute when he scored from close range after Joshua Walker put a cross into the box.

Hakeem Odoffin would have reduced the deficit in the early minutes of the second half but saw his shot saved by goalkeeper Norman.

While the former Barnet starlet was in action for the entire contest, Fulham pair Adeniran and Adebayo were replaced in the 62nd and 76th minute respectively.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18665

WhiteJC

Team News

Slaviša Jokanović will be without three midfielders and one defender when Fulham take on Brighton & Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium on Friday.

Rohan Ince is ineligible to feature against his parent club, and Tom Cairney, Sakari Mattila and Michael Madl are all ruled out through injury.

"Rohan Ince cannot play against Brighton," Jokanović confirmed in his pre-match press conference. "And Mattila, Madl and Cairney are not available to play tomorrow night.

"Mattila is not available to work with us, he has some back problems.

"In Preston, Tom had a dead leg after getting a kick and it's still not recovered enough to be in the team.

"Michael Madl has a calf problem. We're still assessing him and we expect he'll soon be available to help us."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/14/team-news?

WhiteJC

Kevin Betsy leaves Fulham's academy for coaching role with England Under-15 side
Kevin Betsy appointed new head coach of England Under-15 side
He leaves Fulham's academy after six years as Under-15 and Under-16 coach
Former midfielder, 38, will be based at St George's Park in Staffordshire

Kevin Betsy has been appointed head coach of the England Under-15 team, moving from his role within Fulham's academy.

The 38-year-old former midfielder - who played for Fulham, Barnsley, Wycombe and Southend among other clubs - had spent six years as Under-15 and Under-16 coach at Craven Cottage.

Betsy will be based at the Football Association's national football centre at St George's Park in Staffordshire and will work overseeing the Under-15 side while liaising with older age groups.

He said: 'Representing England as a national coach at any level is the absolute pinnacle of the profession and I am absolutely delighted to be joining The FA.

'I'm really optimistic about the talented players we're producing in this country and introducing them to the demands and challenges of international football, but we also want them to understand how special it is to play for England.

'The facilities and learning culture we have created at St. George's Park is world class, and bringing the players in to that fantastic environment can only help their progress and development.

'I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed seven fantastic years working within a truly brilliant football academy at Fulham with some outstanding people and I leave with a heavy heart, but this opportunity is something I couldn't turn down.

Betsy takes on Chelsea's Frank Lampard while playing for Wycombe in a League Cup semi-final in 2007

Betsy celebrates with Wycombe team-mate Jermaine Easter after they beat Charlton in a 2006 Cup tie

Betsy celebrates scoring for Fulham in a 4-1 win over Millwall in Division Two back in April 1999

'I can't wait to get started in what is a wonderful opportunity for me.

The FA's Head of Development Team Coaching, Matt Crocker, said: 'I'm really pleased Kevin is joining The FA. His reputation within youth development is excellent, and he is highly regarded within the industry as one of the best coaches in youth development.

'Kevin's enthusiastic attitude and committed approach is clear to see and his warm personality working with players and staff will be welcomed, as we strive to achieve success with all of our national development teams.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3539938/Kevin-Betsy-leaves-Fulham-s-academy-coaching-role-England-15-side.html#ixzz45sOaZjwJ
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Betsy's England Call

The Club can confirm that Kevin Betsy will be leaving the Academy to join The FA as head coach of the England Men's Under-15s team.

Kevin has been working at the Club for the last seven years, and most recently held the position of Under-15/16 Head Coach.

He enjoyed plenty of success during his time on the coaching staff, leading the Under-16s to consecutive Premier League International Cup victories, as well as overseeing an Under-17 side to Padercup glory.

In December 2015, Betsy was named Youth Development Phase Coach of the Year at the FA Coaching Awards.

Speaking to The FA, he said: "Representing England as a national coach at any level is the absolute pinnacle of the profession and I am absolutely delighted to be joining The FA.

"I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed seven fantastic years working within a truly brilliant football academy at Fulham with some outstanding people and I leave with a heavy heart, but this opportunity is something I couldn't turn down. I can't wait to get started in what is a wonderful opportunity for me."

Everyone at Fulham would like to wish Kevin the best of luck in his new role.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/14/betsys-england-call?

WhiteJC

Craven Corner: Fulham edge closer to safety but a busy summer awaits

Moussa Dembele of Fulham (Anthony Devlin/PA Wire)

Fulham have done something that didn't seem possible a month or two ago - they have won three games on the spin.

A tremendous comeback last weekend against Cardiff all but confirmed the Cottagers' safety in this division with the gap from MK Dons greatly increased.

A change in personnel has coincided with the club's upturn in results and the defensive partnership of Michael Madl and Fernando Amorebieta has proved to be a solid pairing.

There has also been a change in the style, with Fulham approaching the fixtures more conservatively.

Slavisa Jokanovic admitted his team had to play for the points and a defensive turnout at Preston proved to work, with Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele leading the counter attacks.

Fulham's improved form and momentum will be put to the test as they face promotion candidates Brighton in their next fixture.

Loanee Rohan Ince will be ineligible for the match, as the midfielder is unable to play against his parent club.

This will be gutting news to Jokanovic as Ince's recent inclusion in the starting 11 has proven to be a stroke of magic.

His energetic performances alongside Ryan Tunnicliffe and Scott Parker have shown he is the quality player many discussed prior to his loan spell.

Fulham did see a brief return to action for midfield starlet Lasse Vigen Christensen, which will be welcome news to the management.

The young Dane proved to be a key player for Fulham last season after his inclusion by Kit Symons as showed drive and creativity in both halves of the pitch, and a return to full fitness could be an important component in the club's aim to finish this campaign strongly.

While Fulham may have distanced themselves a little bit from relegation, performances cannot drop and it is paramount the side finish the season with as many points as possible.

Momentum is vital and can carry over into the next season - you only have to see the form table to realise the power of momentum with Neil Warnock's Rotherham side picking up 20 points from the last eight games, a total that makes them the in-form side of the division despite many people predicting relegation for the Millers just a few months ago.

The summer transfer window is getting closer and many fans will be nervous and excited about the club's potential business.

What has been made clear is that another squad overhaul will occur with big things in the pipeline - the vision that was also sold to Ross McCormack when he signed his new deal.

Fulham will be out of the embargo in the summer and can expect a permanent transfer for Michael Madl. But the focus will be on the inevitable departure of Moussa Dembele.

Most fans would love to see the partnership of Dembele and McCormack for at least another year but with the young Frenchman out of contract in the summer, he will be snapped up by the European elites and the player will unlikely be loaned back as he seeks to play at a higher division.

Is it a step too soon for Dembele? We shall see.

But there's no doubting his ability and confidence - I'll be gutted to see him leave, but I will wish him all the best. His goals have played a huge part in the past two seasons.

How do Fulham replace the striker? Well, that's the million dollar question.

My guess would be that the club will scout for a striker abroad who could represent value for money or look to loan in one of the bigger club's top talents.

While Chelsea may be criticised for their youth policy, Fulham could take advantage of a potential loan for young hotshot Tammy Abraham as the striker is still a few years away from the senior side.

A move to the Championship could benefit both parties and Abraham shares a similar build and play style to the outgoing Dembele.

Whatever happens the focus must remain on Fulham's remaining fixtures and ensuring that the performances don't drop is the main objective for now.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/fulham/craven_corner_fulham_edge_closer_to_safety_but_a_busy_summer_awaits_1_4495457
Copyright © LONDON24

WhiteJC

Fulham missing three key players for trip to Brighton

All the Whites team news ahead of their trip to the seaside

Tom Cairney

Fulham are without Tom Cairney, Michael Madl and Rohan Ince for the trip to Brighton tomorrow night.

Squad midfelder Sakari Mattila is also struggling with a back injury as Whites take on a promotion high filer in front of 2,300 travelling supporters from west London.

Boss Slavisa Jokanovic was confident Cairney would recover from a dead leg sustained at Preston nine days ago. But in the event he made neither the following win over Cardiff, and is ruled out of this one too.

Surprise hit Madl had to be withdrawn at half time against the Bluebirds with a calf problem, and Ince is ineligible under the terms of his loan from the Seagulls.

Hit: Michael Madl

Even so the Whites gaffer was confident of putting one over Chris Hughton's Albion.

"Brighton need to take the risk, they need to win the game," Joka added. "So we need to know what to expect and be ready with a plan to win.

"We are under pressure too. We're not safe. Brighton are under a different pressure. Our mission is to be competitive.

"More than 2,000 of our fans will travel and want to see a good performance and a Fulham victory.

"This is our motivation. They always support us, for example at Preston. We will do everything to win the game."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-missing-three-key-players-11186999?

WhiteJC

Sam Baldock fit to face Fulham

Brighton forward Sam Baldock has been passed fit for the Sky Bet Championship clash with Fulham after overcoming a hamstring problem.

Striker Bobby Zamora, who has not started a game since February, has been ruled out once more by his hip issue.

It is uncertain if Zamora will be able to play any further part in the Seagulls' season.

Defender Uwe Hunemeier and midfielder Solly March are missing with respective groin and knee injuries.

Fulham will be without Rohan Ince against Brighton as the midfielder is ineligible against his parent club.

Tom Cairney, Sakari Mattila and Michael Madl are all ruled out through injury for Slavisa Jokanovic's side.

Cairney misses out because of a dead leg, Mattila is sidelined with a back problem and Madl has a calf injury.

Fulham lie 10 points clear of the relegation zone with five games remaining.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-league-championship/match/423004/brighton-and-hove-albion-fulham/preview

WhiteJC

The Math Part II: Is Fulham safe?

The probability of Fulham being relegated grows smaller with every passing game, but is it enough?

About a month ago I took a look at a way to predict the end of season table based on an individual team's form over the course of the season. The results weren't necessarily comforting for Fulham FC supporters concerned with relegation, but nothing to get overly worried about just yet either. With only five games remaining in the season, it's time to take another look at the same model to see what has changed and what has stayed the same.

For a quick refresher, I used the total points each team had after each game to draw a line of best fit and used a computer program named Gretl to forecast the line to the end of the season. From there you can look at confidence intervals, standard errors, and all of those good math-ey things. Here is Fulham's graph updated to their latest win against Cardiff:

Just looking at the red line on graph, it's pretty cool to see what the past four games have done for the season. We'll stay with our fingers crossed that red line continues on it's way up, but in the meantime we have statistics to drag us back down to reality, but that might not be as bad as it sounds.

Using the same model described above across the bottom twelve teams, here is what the *updated* predicted end of season table looks like:

Now there are one or two "anomalies", shall we say, to take note of. The first is a big one. Nottingham Forest have taken a spectacular single point in their past six English Championship matches. Given that this model only takes into account form across the entire season, and doesn't put weight on current form, so the math still thinks that they will end up in 15th place. I'm not so confident that they will be able to get the eleven points that is the difference between them and the predicted end of season table, so a 17th – 18th place finish is probably more realistic, assuming that they are able to turn their form around.

The next and most interesting to us is Fulham. While the math remains confident that the team will finish in 19th place, I'm confident enough to make the prediction that Fulham are going to hover around 17th place and maybe even finish slightly higher judging by the remaining games and current form (which is awesome.)

So yes, there are some flaws to this way of predicting results. My goal for this summer is to come up with a better model that takes more explanatory variables into account, such as goal difference, team wage budget, etc. to try to be a little more accurate. We'll see about that.

I want to end this article in the same way I ended the last one where I predicted the final table, which is by saying that it is still anyone's guess what is actually going to happen. Especially since there are six teams in the present table that are at least within a single point of one another. Having said that, I remain as confident as I was last month that Fulham will beat the drop, and I have the math to back that up.

http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2016/4/14/11429426/the-math-part-ii-is-fulham-safe

WhiteJC

Jokanović's Brighton Preview

Slaviša Jokanović insists Fulham's battle against relegation is not yet over ahead of Friday evening's meeting with Brighton & Hove Albion at the Amex Stadium.

Three consecutive wins have put some welcome daylight between the Whites and the bottom three, but our Head Coach is keen to keep that momentum going for as long as possible.

"We're still in the war," he stated. "Tomorrow we will play against Brighton who have a necessity to win the game because they're fighting for a different target to what my team is fighting for.

"We're fighting to not be a relegated team, our job isn't done. They're very important points in front of us that we'll try and win.

"With more confidence, we start to believe more in ourselves, but it's not the moment to be relaxed. It's still an important final tomorrow night in front of us.

"The target is to win the game and win the points. We're 10 points ahead of the sides in the relegation zone, and we need to win the games, with the next chance being tomorrow night."

A victory for the Seagulls would move them into the promotion places, temporarily at least, and when asked if Chris Hughton's men are under more pressure than Fulham, Jokanović replied: "We're under pressure, too.

"They have a different type of pressure in front of them. We need to understand this situation and play the game.

"Our mission is not only coming to this nice stadium to try to play one football game, our mission is to be competitive and try and find a way to win.

"It's not the same playing against Brighton after 15 games as it is now with five games until the end.

"They need to take the risk, they need to win the game, so in this situation we need to understand what we're going to find in the field, and be ready with a plan to win the game."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/14/jokanovics-brighton-preview?

WhiteJC

SJ: Finish In Style

Slaviša Jokanović is keen to give the thousands of Fulham fans travelling to Brighton plenty to cheer on Friday night.

More tickets are still being purchased by the Whites faithful after the initial allocation sold out, and our Head Coach is looking to reward them for their dedication.

"This is exciting for us," he said. "Always the travelling fans support us, like at Preston, which is very far from here.

"Now there will be even more people from our side and our obligation is to put our maximum on the field and do everything to win the game. If we don't, it doesn't make any sense going to Brighton.

"I'm focused on the next game and trying to finish the season in style. Tomorrow more than 2,000 of our travelling fans are going to arrive at Brighton and I'm sure they'll be waiting for a good performance and a Fulham victory.

"We need to arrive in the field with this kind of motivation to make them a little bit happier than they are right now."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/14/slavisa-jokanovic-finish-in-style?

WhiteJC

Jokanović: Fight Not Over

Slaviša Jokanović doesn't want complacency to creep in and insists the fight against relegation is not over for the Whites.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/14/head-coach-video?