watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roberto Martinez

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 21, 2016, 05:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Think he might be treading on thin ice now.
I believe underachieved with the players they have.

fulhamben

I don't get Everton fans, moves had quite a few dodgy years and never a bad word was said. They are a biggish club that never make waves in the market and buy maybe one good player a year but expect a top 6 finish. I'd look at the Chairman before the manager, and they have a semi coming up
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Cup games to league totally different Ben.
If you look at their line up and talent should be much
higher.
The games they have drawn and lost from winning positions
are quite high.
Nothing against him personally,but think Cup success
will be the only thing to save him.
Isnt often Everton fans call for manager to go.

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on April 21, 2016, 06:00:28 PM
Cup games to league totally different Ben.
If you look at their line up and talent should be much
higher.
The games they have drawn and lost from winning positions
are quite high.
Nothing against him personally,but think Cup success
will be the only thing to save him.
Isnt often Everton fans call for manager to go.
I don't agree with that. Look at the table, other than stoke, which team do you think they should be above?

Mince n Tatties

He has admitted it himself how many points they
have thrown away from winning positions
His actual words were !Very Frustrating!
So if you take that into calculation they should be higher.
But its not entirely that what their fans are fed up its with
the style of play apparently and being negative when in
a winning position..
As for me personally I believe they should be top 6
With their line up..My opinion of course..

grandad

Some people even wanted him as our manager.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on April 21, 2016, 07:28:24 PM
yep, God forbid we be mid table with a semi coming up. The board would be in meltdown

dannyboi-ffc

I can see both sides of this. This season is guaranteed to be the worst home record Everton have had in the premier league era. Considering the squad they have that is ridiculous.

But when you don't invest consistently to compete with the big boys you will find yourself mid table. They are a big club who don't really achieve much and the fact they've reached the semi final of both domestic cups is pretty good going. 

The prem is getting more competitive now with smaller clubs closing the gap. Are Everton better than Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool? No. Debatable about West Ham and Southampton but it's not much of a shock considering how well they've both played. Leicester are above everyone so other than their abysmal home record I don't get the big fuss?

Moyes wasn't amazing every year. A couple of times they flirted with relegation and only made the top 4 once. So what exactly do these fans want? They should look at Villa, top 6 consistently until the money dried up and they faced years of torture and inevitably were relegated.

Everton should be careful what they wish for. But if I'm totally honest I'm not a massive fan of Martinez, I find he uses words like amazing and legend far too often and over hypes his squad. If anything he has put the expectations in the everton fans heads and hasn't delivered.

But how stupid will all the pundits and fans look if he brings home the fa cup? Beat Utd and they have to be favourites
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

J.Perkins

Spend all your budget on 1 player, you've got to be confident of success. They haven't succeeded.

love4ffc

Really don't see that much difference between Moyes and Martinez.  Think both are steady eddy in the way they manage Everton. 

I always thought Moyes did pretty good with the budget and players he had.  Always going to be a mid table team with their current chairmen. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

JHaynes Paperboy

Liverpool's reserves,the arrogance of some of there supporters "beggars belief".When we played them at the Cottage once, our kids were going round collecting for charity with a sheet to throw money in,when they got to the scousers they threw in an empty bottle of scotch. Detest them, hope they get everything they deserve!
NOTHING!

Dr Know

Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 22, 2016, 06:19:10 AM
Liverpool's reserves,the arrogance of some of there supporters "beggars belief".When we played them at the Cottage once, our kids were going round collecting for charity with a sheet to throw money in,when they got to the scousers they threw in an empty bottle of scotch. Detest them, hope they get everything they deserve!
NOTHING!
Unlike other teams Liverpool supporters know how to have a minutes silence at football games like when we pĺayed them at the cottage just after Johnny Haynes died.Respect to them.

JHaynes Paperboy

Quote from: Dr Know on April 22, 2016, 08:07:10 AM
Quote from: JHaynes Paperboy on April 22, 2016, 06:19:10 AM
NOTHING!
Unlike other teams Liverpool supporters know how to have a minutes silence at football games like when we pĺayed them at the cottage just after Johnny Haynes died.Respect to them.

Yes I noticed how compassionate there supporters were at Heysel Stadium.

Mince n Tatties

Just been looking at some stats in the paper.
They have dropped 18 points from winning position this
Season 19 last season worst in league,one clean sheet at home
in 9 with 3 England internationsls in back Four.
Won only 4 at home all season three of them against
bottom 3,17points at home.When Moyes was there Goodison
was a hard place to get points.
No Im afraid he might have had long enough at Everton,talks
a good game when you read what he says sometimes.
Might win the FA Cup but one off games totally different.

ffccaz

Quote from: fulhamben on April 21, 2016, 07:41:02 PM
Quote from: grandad on April 21, 2016, 07:28:24 PM
yep, God forbid we be mid table with a semi coming up. The board would be in meltdown

Rather have Jokanovic