https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sparky Video Interview

Started by White Noise, August 13, 2010, 02:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

I rate Sparky more every time i hear him speak  :54:

SmithyFFC

At least he talking straight about MS rather than question dodging. Still think he'll go, at least we ain't rolling over and letting him walk out at his pleasure. Bellamy would be great but it ain't gonna happen, he'll be on at least £70,000 - £90,000 at City.
FTID

Admin

We can all talk a good Spencer including you...Let's wait to see if the proofs in the pudding first. At this moment in time, I'm neither here nor there until this season gets under way. A loss away at Bolton and we'll be maoning about the same old Fulham  :015:

Admin

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 13, 2010, 02:42:52 PM
At least he talking straight about MS rather than question dodging. Still think he'll go, at least we ain't rolling over and letting him walk out at his pleasure. Bellamy would be great but it ain't gonna happen, he'll be on at least £70,000 - £90,000 at City.

Bellamy has said, even quoted that he would take a considerable wage drop to carry on playing regular football. He even turned down Wolfsburg who had reportidly offered him 90k a week. Bellamy even said that he might move to Cardiff and I for one know they wouldn't pay him what he's on at Citeh let alone what Fulham could offer. Give the boy a break, he's not all about finances and you mght be surprisingly shocked... This one is not dead in the water by any means.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Admin on August 13, 2010, 02:44:16 PM
We can all talk a good Spencer including you...Let's wait to see if the proofs in the pudding first. At this moment in time, I'm neither here nor there until this season gets under way. A loss away at Bolton and we'll be maoning about the same old Fulham  :015:
I'm in a better postion than most to talk a good Spencer, Scotty  :011: . But have no fear Sparkyticus (my first choice) will do great things for us.

White Noise

He was fined £160k by Citeh the other day - 2 weeks wages - so am pretty sure it is £80k a week.

Agree with Admin that his on field persona is very different to that off it. Does a lot of charity stuff and has his own charitable foundation. I personally like a player with a  bit of a temper and could see him being wildly popular if he came. He is certainly the sort of player that gets you on your feet.

Mr Fulham

Interesting bit over ManCity players....he clearly wants to make some business and snap up some of City's "non-25-players"...anyone got that list?

Bellamy isn't on the list....I suppose M.Johnson, V.Weiss..

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Admin on August 13, 2010, 02:47:50 PM

Bellamy has said, even quoted that he would take a considerable wage drop to carry on playing regular football. He even turned down Wolfsburg who had reportidly offered him 90k a week. Bellamy even said that he might move to Cardiff and I for one know they wouldn't pay him what he's on at Citeh let alone what Fulham could offer. Give the boy a break, he's not all about finances and you mght be surprisingly shocked... This one is not dead in the water by any means.

I never ment to imply that he was motivated by money. Where has he said he would take a wage cut?
FTID

SmithyFFC

Quote from: White Noise on August 13, 2010, 02:52:08 PM
He was fined £160k by Citeh the other day - 2 weeks wages - so am pretty sure it is £80k a week.

Agree with Admin that his on field persona is very different to that off it. Does a lot of charity stuff and has his own charitable foundation. I personally like a player with a  bit of a temper and could see him being wildly popular if he came. He is certainly the sort of player that gets you on your feet.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love (love it!), if we signed him. However, we must be realise we have a sensible wage and structure and Sparky send it himself, he was one of the best players in the entire Premier League last season, I'm saw a few othe teams would be able to offer him more money and playing time (Spurs, Villa, Everton, Birmingham?)
FTID

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 13, 2010, 03:02:04 PM

I never ment to imply that he was motivated by money. Where has he said he would take a wage cut?

No matter if he WANTS it..he HAS TO take a wage cut. And he said that he wants move on if he doesn't get onto that list.

He's fully aware of the situation and he mentioned Fulham and Cardiff as potential new clubs. Should be obvious that Cardiff are not able to give him 90k....

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 13, 2010, 03:06:31 PM

No matter if he WANTS it..he HAS TO take a wage cut. And he said that he wants move on if he doesn't get onto that list.

He's fully aware of the situation and he mentioned Fulham and Cardiff as potential new clubs. Should be obvious that Cardiff are not able to give him 90k....

Yea but lets be fair, its not just us and Cardiff who want him now, is it.
FTID

Admin

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on August 13, 2010, 03:10:18 PM

But he is likely to SNUB those other clubs to play under Mark Hughes once again. Put it this way, we now have a massive bonus over all the other interested clubs and I for one would laugh my socks off if he snubbed Spurs for Fulham..

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Admin on August 13, 2010, 03:14:32 PM

But he is likely to SNUB those other clubs to play under Mark Hughes once again. Put it this way, we now have a massive bonus over all the other interested clubs and I for one would laugh my socks off if he snubbed Spurs for Fulham..

God I hope your right. Couldn't stand seeing him at spuds. Love to see Old 'Arrys face when Bellamy scores against 'em :dft012:
Roys contacts got us, Brede and Nevland, good signings as they were Bellamy would be a great high profile player to bring to the club.
FTID

epsomraver

According to the papers Citee won't let him go to Spurs

SmithyFFC

Quote from: epsomraver on August 13, 2010, 03:39:19 PM

According to the papers Citee won't let him go to Spurs

Well this certainly seems to agree with that...

Harry Redknapp claims Manchester City refused to sell Craig Bellamy to Tottenham

Spurs not close to deal for Welshman...

By Matt Monaghan
13 Aug 2010 13:30:00

Harry Redknapp has revealed Manchester City refused to sell Craig Bellamy to Tottenham Hospur.

Bellamy, 31, is expected to be excluded from the Blues' 25-man Premier League match day squad after falling out of favour with manager Roberto Mancini. This situation had alerted the Spurs supremo but his chase has been in vain.

Speaking to Sky Sports News, Redknapp confirmed the Eastlands outfit had knocked back his club's advances.

He said: "I've never had any contact with Craig Bellamy, the chairman has dealt with that.

"With Manchester City, he tried to get him but they don't want to let him go to Tottenham or anyone else. It's up to them.

"At the moment, we're nowhere down the line with Craig Bellamy."

Repeat rumours have linked Peter Crouch with the White Hart Lane exit door, but the 63-year flatly rejected these claims.

"Not a chance. He's not for sale," Redknapp stated.

"He isn't going anywhere. We're big fans of his, we brought him here and I have no intention of letting Peter go."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/13/2068971/harry-redknapp-claims-manchester-city-refused-to-sell-craig
FTID

Lighthouse

What with the Internationals and coming to the job late, Hughes has had a tough start. But I like the way he keeps on praising the set up and isn't looking for excuses. If we can fight our way through August with as little damage as possible, he can then start to put his mark on the team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

Citeh will NOT sell Bellamy to Spurs because they are RIVALS. On the other hand, we are not..

FatFreddysCat

I can see him coming to us on loan with Citeh maybe paying £20k a week towards his wages, it's obvious that there is bad blood between him and Mancini, and they wont want him hanging about causing a bad atmosphere, i'm sure the Hughes factor will swing it our way.