watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is fulham becoming?

Started by I Love Fulham, SO DO YOU!, April 26, 2016, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Love Fulham, SO DO YOU!

Right, Jokanovic has a team which is mostly utterly rubbish. WHAT CAN HE DO?. He has tried so much with this team and it's not his fault that things aren't working. He hasn't been able to bring any amazing players in due to that embargo (except from Ince maybe) and has has so many problems trying to raise the chemistry of this team.

Judge him after the next half season. COYW

049:gif :plus one: 049:gif
If you don't like surprises, don't support fulham!

fcfulham55

When our only 2-3 decent players leave in the summer... Let's see what team he can get together.  Because we're needing nearly an entire new team. A few years building to do in my opinion. And we may not of reached our lowest point yet.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

I Love Fulham, SO DO YOU!

I totally agree. Lets hope Fulham can keep their best players though as that could prove vital to possible success next season and also that this is the lowest point Fulham will go. We really need to find some good players next season with the only main problems being the FFP rules that are destroying football as we know it.
If you don't like surprises, don't support fulham!

fcfulham55

Yeah, the FFP is to protect the bigger clubs..... The likes of BT sport and Sky sports don't won't to cover Fulham and the smaller clubs in Europe or the PL even, because of the viewing figures....

In an ideal world for them, the top four best supported clubs will finish in the top four every season. Thus giving them bigger audiences.

Leicester really are a breath of fresh air, the odds of a smaller club like them winning the league are only going to get much greater!

This entire FFP is complete corruption, using the excuse of one or two clubs with inconsiderate owners as example is not good enough.  Because 99% of the club's get by just fine, and some clubs have genuine decent owners that are willing to pump in a lot of money with little to no return.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

filham

Really we have no choice but to stick with Jocanovic for at least half a season and then only let him go if we are clearly on a relegation path at Christmas. It will take more than one transfer window to turn things around and we shouldn't expect a promotion push next season, a safe mid table position would be progress.
Priorities should be to hang on to Ross (possible), Dembele (unlikely), Madle (unknown), Ince (unlikey), Parker(maybe), Tunnicliffe (probable), LVC (probable), Cairney (probable).

New layers are needed and we must make sure they are better than those we already have. Priority has to be a big , ugly, proven centre half.

fcfulham55

But as you said, let's hope we can keep hold of our decent players. If we can add a decent defender or 2. It will make next season a lot more comfortable.

I'm not expecting promotion next year, but I'm sure we'll see some decent academy players emerging one day.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2016, 07:31:01 PM
Really we have no choice but to stick with Jocanovic for at least half a season and then only let him go if we are clearly on a relegation path at Christmas. It will take more than one transfer window to turn things around and we shouldn't expect a promotion push next season, a safe mid table position would be progress.
Priorities should be to hang on to Ross (possible), Dembele (unlikely), Madle (unknown), Ince (unlikey), Parker(maybe), Tunnicliffe (probable), LVC (probable), Cairney (probable).

New layers are needed and we must make sure they are better than those we already have. Priority has to be a big , ugly, proven centre half.

Will Ross really want to stay? Couldn't blame him for leaving.

But agree with everything you said.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Andy S

I think the main thing here is we have a manager who knows what it takes to get out of this league (Watford) The board and Khan need to support him. A way Khan could support him is by offering the club a huge sponsorship deal via one of his businesses and then use that money and stay within FFP

H4usuallysitting

There is a lot of players out of contract this season, that will reduce the wage bill even further.....we currently have a first team squad of around 42 players (including loan & the odd under 21 player), which in my opinion is too large (probably too large as we have had so many Managers) and must be reduced to a manageable level - we are going to probably need 2/3 new defenders, 1 new goalkeeper, 3 midfield and 1 striker - so we could be looking at around 8/9 new players......if we are lucky we could make the top ten in the 2016/17 season....if we are very lucky we could make the play off's - the transfer window will be critical but even more critical will be the coaching - these last two seasons we have conceded 160 goals.....If the Club come out and make a bold statement about promotion for the coming season I will be very worried

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Andy S on April 26, 2016, 09:37:30 PM
I think the main thing here is we have a manager who knows what it takes to get out of this league (Watford) The board and Khan need to support him. A way Khan could support him is by offering the club a huge sponsorship deal via one of his businesses and then use that money and stay within FFP

I've been saying that for 3 seasons now.....i said it when we were in the Prem

fcfulham55

But that's a way to blow millions of pounds on tax.

No one likes to be mugged off with taxes.  Particularly people with money.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 26, 2016, 07:27:53 PM
Yeah, the FFP is to protect the bigger clubs..... The likes of BT sport and Sky sports don't won't to cover Fulham and the smaller clubs in Europe or the PL even, because of the viewing figures....

In an ideal world for them, the top four best supported clubs will finish in the top four every season. Thus giving them bigger audiences.

Leicester really are a breath of fresh air, the odds of a smaller club like them winning the league are only going to get much greater!

This entire FFP is complete corruption, using the excuse of one or two clubs with inconsiderate owners as example is not good enough.  Because 99% of the club's get by just fine, and some clubs have genuine decent owners that are willing to pump in a lot of money with little to no return.

I am sure we can all agree that it's amazing how much fairer football has been made by the influx of money from Abramovich for Chelsea, Sheikh Mansour for Man. CIty, Fernandes for QPR, etc..

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 26, 2016, 10:01:29 PM
But that's a way to blow millions of pounds on tax.

No one likes to be mugged off with taxes.  Particularly people with money.

Looking like Leicester took this route about 3 seasons ago, hasn't worked out too badly for them

love4ffc

Quote from: I Love Fulham, SO DO YOU! on April 26, 2016, 06:45:41 PM
Right, Jokanovic has a team which is mostly utterly rubbish. WHAT CAN HE DO?. He has tried so much with this team and it's not his fault that things aren't working. He hasn't been able to bring any amazing players in due to that embargo (except from Ince maybe) and has has so many problems trying to raise the chemistry of this team.

Judge him after the next half season. COYW

049:gif :plus one: 049:gif

Very positive first post.  Hope you keep them coming. 

Completely agree Joka has not had a full unrestrained transfer window.  Judge him after the summer. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bobbo

The real people to ask who we should get rid of is the 2 or 3 decent players in our squad.
Anyone who has ever played the game will know what I mean.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Lighthouse

When a manager is appointed then he has to be held responsible for what goes on. Otherwise why appoint him? It will be interesting to see just how much he changes over and above the players that are out of contract.

But what constitutes success or failure for him next season? The club cannot keep on sacking managers. So would it be acceptable if we were not close to the play offs but not struggling either. Would he be allowed next season and a half and then judged? In other words would one Summer be enough for him to fill in the gaps.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 27, 2016, 12:38:51 AM
When a manager is appointed then he has to be held responsible for what goes on. Otherwise why appoint him? It will be interesting to see just how much he changes over and above the players that are out of contract.

But what constitutes success or failure for him next season? The club cannot keep on sacking managers. So would it be acceptable if we were not close to the play offs but not struggling either. Would he be allowed next season and a half and then judged? In other words would one Summer be enough for him to fill in the gaps.
While a playoff position is what I want Joka to accomplish I would constitute an upper mid table position without us constantly struggling to be a complete huge improvement and a success. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

We have to show improvement, that's the challenge for the Manager, that's why he gets well paid, to Manage. 
He should have been aware as to what he was letting himself in for, he must have done some research, as you would in any job.
Next season, hopefully with financial support from the club, he will improve Fulhams position, from relegation candidates to a team that can compete for a top six place, no guarantee that can be achieved, but nothing stopping him having a dam good try, but if the club find themselves hanging around the bottom half, then I fear the rot will set in, and we could lose our better players.
That's the Challenge.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

I would like to see him get in a strong left back as an essential. The defence obviously needs work and a decent left winger.

An upper mid-table finish would be progress imo.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Aldo

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 26, 2016, 10:06:00 PM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 26, 2016, 07:27:53 PM

I am sure we can all agree that it's amazing how much fairer football has been made by the influx of money from Abramovich for Chelsea, Sheikh Mansour for Man. CIty, Fernandes for QPR, etc..

Al Fayed for Fulham?