watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is fulham becoming?

Started by I Love Fulham, SO DO YOU!, April 26, 2016, 06:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Khan and the club must be hoping for promotion next season, because Kit was sacked this sason  for not having reaching a points target for  top six, and I doubt that Khan has decided on mid-table consolidation as an option.

Joka is obviously appointed to achieve at least a Play Off place, and I don't think this is unrealistic, given the competitive nature of the division, where anyone can beat anyone on their day.

There will be new signings and players leaving, but will we achieve  at least a Play-Off place- who knows?

Well, most fans probably don't think this possible, given the season we've had, but I think that is what the club will be going for - as it was at the start of this season.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Aldo on April 27, 2016, 08:50:09 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on April 26, 2016, 10:06:00 PM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 26, 2016, 07:27:53 PM
Yeah, the FFP is to protect the bigger clubs..... The likes of BT sport and Sky sports don't won't to cover Fulham and the smaller clubs in Europe or the PL even, because of the viewing figures....

In an ideal world for them, the top four best supported clubs will finish in the top four every season. Thus giving them bigger audiences.

Leicester really are a breath of fresh air, the odds of a smaller club like them winning the league are only going to get much greater!

This entire FFP is complete corruption, using the excuse of one or two clubs with inconsiderate owners as example is not good enough.  Because 99% of the club's get by just fine, and some clubs have genuine decent owners that are willing to pump in a lot of money with little to no return.

I am sure we can all agree that it's amazing how much fairer football has been made by the influx of money from Abramovich for Chelsea, Sheikh Mansour for Man. CIty, Fernandes for QPR, etc..

Al Fayed for Fulham?

I understand that we benefitted from an owner's wealth but posters would not so freely dismiss FFP if we didn't currently have a very rich owner.

Also, the 'big' clubs tend to be those who have been historically 'big' such as Man. Utd. and Arsenal with a wide following and, in more recent times, those that have make money from being in European competitions.

Anyway the easy rant against FFP is hardly relevant or gives a balanced views of our current situation. For example, our competition this season has been with the likes of Middlesborough, Burnley and Brighton, not the 'big' clubs. And our owner will be able to cover losses up to £13m per year which with our size and income ought to be sufficient to fund at least a playoff place. And success depends more on buying wisely or luckily than expensively. How much did our Europa League final team cost? How much have we wasted over the years on expensive signings?

Finally, in the PL the playing field is probably as level as it has ever been with TV money dominating money from other sources so that even small clubs can now afford a few expensive signings.

Tonywa

Quote from: bobbo on April 27, 2016, 12:30:46 AM
The real people to ask who we should get rid of is the 2 or 3 decent players in our squad.
Anyone who has ever played the game will know what I mean.

Probably, but that way madness lies.

toshes mate

As the OP says "What can Jokanovic do?"  apart from using the players at his disposal until he hits that magic combination of consistency and confidence.  Older, more experience players tend to build their own consistency levels and it is their quality in training that makes them stand out from those who struggle under pressure with the fixation in their minds about 'failure'.   Football only fails when there is fear.  In any football side the midfield is crucial to success since it links defence with forwards on attack and links back to defence when the attack breaks down.   Midfield players with the right experience and the right tactical mindsets can foresee where a counter may come from and cover the important parts of the field, but they are few and far between.  Hence finding the right chemistry in a team becomes a matter for all ordinary (for want of a better word) players to learn from the more experienced players in training and in matches.  This becomes a matter of spending pitch time together so that strengths can be built upon and weaknesses ironed out.  That is why so many good sides do not chop and change the first team at will.   Fulham's future depends upon a manager finding players with the basic equipment to become consistent and confident and sticking with them.

In a way Mr Jokanovic has failed to identify his core eleven simply because few have stood out sufficiently to demand/command attention week in, week out, and that is the legacy of a sequence of poor managers buying in the wrong people, or, buying the right ones, but failing to stand with them.  Mr Jokanovic starts with a clean sheet at the end of the season and I hope he'll do the business of saying 'goodbye' to those who don't want to stay, and fostering the better qualities of those who want to stay.  People who don't want to achieve with Fulham should not have any of our 'don't leave' sentiments no matter how good they may be.   I am pretty sure Mr Jokanovic  knows how to tell who is who and that is why I remain optimistic about 2016/17.