watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Six years ago

Started by f321ffc, April 28, 2016, 09:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Six years ago we were very unfortunate to lose to Athletico Madrid in the Europa cup final.
Last night Athletico beat Bayern Munich in the  Champions league semi final.
A few days ago Fulham secured their championship survival with a  miserable 1-3 home defeat to team who had scored only 13 goals in their previous 21 away games.
What could have been had Mo kicked on from that great Europa run. 090.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Southcoastffc

Against a team containing De Gea, Ujfalusi, Perea, Raul Garcia, Simao, Forlan and Aguero.  Our boys done good!  Getting to the final was a huge achievement and what a TEAM we had then. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

The whole was greater than the sum of the parts - as opposed to the hole being greater.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

jarv

Alex Ferguson said Fulham's achievement was the best ever by any British team in Europe. Can't argue with that.

Forever Fulham

It is amazing when you look at the talent Fulham went up against.  Sometimes, it's better if they don't tell you the odds.  That team had self belief.  We knew how to defend then, too. 

Jamie88

Whenever I think about the final, it makes me proud but depresses me at the same time as its a reminder of how far we have fallen

Tonywa

Quote from: Jamie88 on April 28, 2016, 04:26:43 PM
Whenever I think about the final, it makes me proud but depresses me at the same time as its a reminder of how far we have fallen

And how quickly!  Really sad!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jamie88 on April 28, 2016, 04:26:43 PM

But if we can fall this far and for this long. Then we can do the opposite.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Blanco

Can't compare the two sides. Atletico have become a top top side but they always had quality. Fulham were doing far far better than we should have done.

I get what you mean though. If only we'd gone the other way...

fcfulham55

How depressing.

But nonetheless, let's all be very grateful to have experienced it.  However, no one remembers you for coming second. Let's win a trophy. Along with the Championship title next year!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Experienced the Europa League run that is... I'm not fond of our decline thereafter.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

HatterDon

It is the very fact that we haven't done this before or since that makes our Europa League experience so precious. There's a reason why the expression "once in a lifetime" exists.

Regardless of which division we're in throughout our future, our ONLY glory lies in cup competitions. There wasn't a single cup competition since this final that the club cared enough about to make it a priority. I'd like for that to change -- every season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bog

I was thinking just the same. However I don't like MAF being taken to task. I think he had had enough when Hodgson cleared off as soon as he could to Liverpool. They would never have even looked at he before he came to us. I think he thought enough is enough. Hodgson should have given us one more season. He was never going to be right for Anfield and I knew he would not still be in charge when we played them at home that season. As for Konchesky in a Liverpool shirt.  :doh:

092.gif   

domprague

It gave us the memories of a lifetime and the struggles of the other English clubs in the Europa League since then shows how brilliant we were. In truth, the team was stronger than the sum of its parts and they were just the sort of players who work best for Roy.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

The Swan

My wife and I went to every home game in the Europa League run.
We then got tickets for the final and travelled by coach.
What support we had at the final. The Fans zone was brilliant, mixing with Madrid supporters.
Our seats were excellent and the game was great until they scored in the 118th minute.
Hamburg Stadium was outstanding.
Since the final I always check the Hamburg result.As playing in that stadium was an experience we will never forget.
The Swan

HatterDon

Quote from: The Swan on April 28, 2016, 08:25:43 PM
My wife and I went to every home game in the Europa League run.
We then got tickets for the final and travelled by coach.
What support we had at the final. The Fans zone was brilliant, mixing with Madrid supporters.
Our seats were excellent and the game was great until they scored in the 118th minute.
Hamburg Stadium was outstanding.
Since the final I always check the Hamburg result.As playing in that stadium was an experience we will never forget.

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

love4ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 28, 2016, 04:52:48 PM
But if we can fall this far and for this long. Then we can do the opposite.

Exactly  :plus one:  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?