watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (29/04/16)...

Started by WhiteJC, April 29, 2016, 08:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan gives Slavisa Jokanovic the green light for summer transfer window rebuilding project

Serbian boss was unable to perform major surgery on the squad he inherited in January but will finally get the chance to put his stamp on the side

Fulham power players: Shahid Khan and Slavisa Jokanovic

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan has promised Slavisa Jokanovic money to invest in the squad this summer as the club's transfer embargo is lifted.

The Whites made a loss greater than the £6million limit allowed by the Football League in the year following relegation and were not permitted to buy players in January.

That meant the newly-appointed Serbian boss was unable to perform major surgery on the squad he inherited from Kit Symons and a succession of caretaker managers.

However, he was able to do some minor tinkering and the loan acquisition of Austrian defender Michael Madl from Sturm Graz proved a shrewd bit of business.

The summer transfer window represents Jokanović's first real opportunity to put his stamp on the west Londoners and Whites chief Khan is ready to back him financially.

"Under Slaviša Jokanović , we will enter the 2016/17 campaign with great anticipation and confidence as high as it has been in years," Khan said in a message to supporters.

Rebuilding project: Head Coach Slavisa Jokanovic looks on

"Slaviša will be given the green light to build a team capable of promotion, and that's important, because it appears the Sky Bet Championship will be as difficult as ever.

"The complete support and passion of our loyal fans will be crucial as we begin our first full season under Slaviša's direction and take aim at promotion, and that's why season ticket prices will not increase next season. We want and need you with us!

"We plan more promotions and opportunities to reward the faith of our supporters, who always help to make Craven Cottage one of the premier destinations in all of football.

"I personally thank all of our supporters and, in particular, our season ticket holders who never waver and can always be counted on to stand behind the Whites."

This is of course not the first time Khan has released such a statement and his open message to the fans is almost a year since his previous vow to put smiles back on faces.

Back then, Khan also promised funds to then manager Symons in order to assemble a team to challenge for 'top honours' before the club was placed under the embargo.

Winter signing: Michael Madl celebrates

However, another relegation battle followed and Khan will need to learn from the mistakes that were made in the last 12 months to avoid a repeat with his new manager.

Meanwhile, Khan has personally commissioned Heatherwick Studio, led by celebrated designer Thomas Heatherwick, to assist with the development of the Riverside Stand.

Planning permission has already been granted for a new stand as Fulham look to increase the capacity of Craven Cottage as they bid to return to the Premier League.

"The Riverside Stand project required patience and diligence, and ultimately a designer who understands the history of London, the Thames and, of course, Fulham," Khan said.

"Thomas Heatherwick is that designer. I have had many meetings with Thomas in the past half-year and while his work speaks for itself, to hear him articulate his vision is something else.

"Thomas will bring to life what the project, the neighbourhood and the Fulham community deserve."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-chairman-shahid-khan-gives-11254103?

WhiteJC

United States Progress

The United States Under-19s ensured progression to the final of the Slovakia Cup with a 2-1 win over Ukraine.

Luca de la Torre played the full 80 minutes and Marlon Fossey the second half, as a Weston McKennie strike and an own goal secured the win that guaranteed top spot in the group.

They still have the host nation to play on Thursday, before taking on Russia in the final on Friday.

Photo courtesy of ussoccer.com.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/27/united-states-progress?

WhiteJC

Opposition View: John Fraser

John Fraser discusses being coached by George Cohen, playing in the FA Cup Final with Fulham, and the culture shock of moving from Craven Cottage to Brentford.

You played at Fulham in one of our most successful periods – how do you look back on your time here?

I first went to Fulham as a 13/14-year-old on schoolboy forms, and then signed as an apprentice at 16 before becoming a full pro. Then, of course, the First Team got to the FA Cup Final, so the Club's in my heart. It was a like a second home to me, I didn't know any different. It was a very, very special club. It's always been known as a very friendly, very homely club, and they were very good at looking after the youngsters.

You must look back on 1975 with a lot of pride?

The FA Cup Final will always hold special memories. It had always been an ambition of mine to play at Wembley. It was like a dream; you can't believe it when you're walking out there with that atmosphere and everything. Fortunately I had a good game that day, so I really enjoyed it, but when the final whistle went I was absolutely devastated. After we beat Birmingham in the Semi-Final Replay, I can honestly say that I never ever thought we were going to lose. But they're great memories to look back on, and such special friendships from that period.

Was it good to see those boys again at the 40-year anniversary last season?

It was great. Any time we meet up, within two or three minutes all the old banter gets going. It's like we haven't been apart. It really was such a very, very special period for us, certainly for me. I know Bob [Bobby Moore] and Mullers [Alan Mullery] had done it all before, but it was all new for the rest of us. As I said, it was an ambition of mine to play at Wembley, and to do it in a Cup Final was mind-blowing. I'm very lucky to have done it.

What was it like leaving Fulham to join Brentford?

I wondered what I'd done. It was like a whole different world. The first day walking into the dressing room there was a pile of old training kit which we had to take home to be washed. It was like Fulham were first class, and Brentford were third class. Without sounding disrespectful, it was a real eye-opener for me.

You won promotion there, though?

Yeah, we got promotion from the Fourth to Division Three, although I was actually out for quite a bit of that season with a bad groin injury. I caught up with some old friends there who'd been at Fulham; Barry Lloyd, David Carlton, Roger Cross. It was okay, but whenever anybody asks me where my favourite place was, it'll always be Fulham.

George Cohen was your mentor at Fulham wasn't he?

He was. Unfortunately he had to retire early due to an injury to his knee, and Fulham gave him the job of youth-team manager. This was at a time when I just getting into the youth team and it just so happened that I had a really good period then. I suppose George took a bit of a liking to me, he did ever such a lot for me.

As a full-back, there can't be many better people to learn from?

I actually used to play in midfield but they were short a full-back in a reserve game, and George asked me if I fancied having a go at right-back. I was only 16 so playing in the reserves I was happy to play anywhere. I did quite well and I can remember chatting with George the following day, and he said that if I fancied giving it a go at right-back he'd give me all the help and experience he could. And he did. He did an awful lot for me, and I'm eternally grateful for that. I still see George fairly regularly now.

You must have been pleased when you heard the news about his statue?

I heard about it a while ago but was sworn to secrecy. It's the least he deserves, to be honoured in that sort of way, as the Club did with Johnny Haynes' statue out the front. They're two world-class players; George won the World Cup, Johnny was England captain. I'm absolutely delighted for George and his wife Daphne. I'm sure he'll be chuffed to bits with it, and it's well deserved.

Have you been keeping an eye on Fulham lately?

I haven't been down quite so much this year, but they're the first result I always look for. It's been a little bit frustrating this season but, ever the optimist, next year we start again and hopefully we'll be up there challenging.

Presumably you'll be rooting for us on Saturday?

Oh yes! I can't help it, it's in my blood. I had some good times at Brentford, but it was nothing compared to the times I had at Fulham. Since I left Brentford, I've never been back. I've never really had the desire to, whereas Fulham was like a second home to me.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/28/opposition-view-john-fraser-brentford?

WhiteJC

Why Fulham's Young Striker Will Join Spurs

Moussa Dembélé has caught the eye at Fulham this season, scoring 15 goals in the Championship. He is a powerful runner with the ball and a threat in the air.

Only three teams in the Championship have scored more goals than Fulham, which is in no small part due to the 19 year-old's contribution. Unfortunately for Fulham, only already relegated Bolton have conceded more.

So, although he has certainly been involved in some exciting games at Fulham this season, no one would blame the young Frenchman for jumping ship for a boat that doesn't leak like a rusty colander.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

The Sun has reported that Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham all want to sign Dembélé.

I believe United can be struck off that list straight away, they already have a superb young French striker in Anthony Martial. Not to mention Marcus Rashford, who has scored seven goals in thirteen games. An impressive strike-rate, which, if it was maintained across a 38 game season, would lead to a final tally of 20. So United will not sign Dembélé, if they acquire a striker this summer, they will go for experience.

The only real appeal that Liverpool have for a young striker like Dembélé is the appeal of working under manager Jürgen Klopp. However, if they manage to win the Europa League and can offer potential Champion's league football next season this will increase their appeal.

Chelsea do not have a good reputation for giving young players a chance, (ask Romelu Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne) and although this could change under new boss Antonio Conte, Dembélé would risk being forced to embark on a Bamford-esque loan voyage for the next few seasons.

Of the four teams, Spurs are the logical choice. All of the other sides have at least two strikers that would be more likely to be selected than Dembélé, whereas at Tottenham he would be understudy to Harry Kane. Spurs have a history of offering young players a chance and can also offer the young Frenchman the opportunity to play in the Champion's league.

So, on balance, it is most likely that Spurs fans can look forward to ironically singing 'There's only two Moussa Dembélés' next season. (Spurs' current Dembélé actually spells his name Mousa, but I'm sure that won't stop them.)

http://threeandin.com/why-fulhams-young-striker-will-spurs/?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss on how amazing Leicester City success can be important to Whites

Whites man in charge sees Foxes example as bringing hope to smaller clubs as well as kick-starting ambitions back in SW6

Nobody would have dreamt Leicester City would be this close to the Premier League title at the beginning of the season - certainly not Slavisa Jokanovic.

The Fulham head coach reckoned only Blackburn Rovers 20 years ago and their surprise win comes close.

Since when it's been an unbroken litany of big four wins with no one else remotely getting a look-in.

Now, the Cottage man in charge wants to take the first steps towards a west London success from the other end of the Fulham Road to rivals Chelsea.

Jokanovic reckons it's take two on the plan to get back to the Premier League, like Leicester two years ago, and push on from there.

"Many clubs are looking at this example, and want to do the same as Leicester," he said.

"We need to change our target. Generally, Fulham are a Premier League club and this is our ambition. Next season is going to be like last summer when the ambition was to get promoted.

"After that who knows if we make the right steps?"

"Last time there was Blackburn and that was 20 years ago. Leicester have their history, and our is important too, but we need to be in the same position first as them."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-how-amazing-leicester-11254732?

WhiteJC

Fulham to beat Premier League trio to Tranmere youngster Sonny Hilton

HITC Sport understands Fulham are set to win race for in-demand Tranmere starlet.

Fulham are set to beat a host of Premier League clubs to the signing of Tranmere Rovers youngster Sonny Hilton, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Hilton is highly-regarded at Tranmere and his performances for the youth sides have alerted clubs higher up the football pyramid.

The attacking midfielder is a regular for England schoolboys and scouts from a host of clubs have been keeping tabs on the teenager's development.

The likes of Premier League trio Tottenham Hotspur, Leicester City and Sunderland have all shown an interest in Hilton, but Fulham have moved quickly as they look to bring the player to Craven Cottage.

Fulham are keen to try to improve their academy set-up and they see Hilton as someone who can progress through the ranks and become a regular in the first-team in the near future.

Fulham boast one of the best academies in the country having won the under-18 Premier League on three occasions in recent years and Hilton sees the club as the best option for his development.

Tranmere are reluctant to lose such a talented youngster as Hilton, but accept that the player will want to play at as high a level as possible.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/28/por-fulham-to-beat-prem-trio-to-tranmere-starlet-hilton/?

WhiteJC

Bidwell and Vibe doubtful for derby

Brentford captain Jake Bidwell and striker Lasse Vibe are both doubtful for Saturday's derby with Fulham.

Both are struggling with hamstring injuries, with Bidwell joining Vibe on the treatment table after limping out of the defeat by Hull in midweek.

However, Bees striker Scott Hogan is likely to return to the squad after being rested for the trip to the KC Stadium.

Hogan has scored three goals in his five substitute appearances since returning from a long-term knee injury and is fully fit ahead of Fulham's visit.

Midfielder Lewis MacLeod, who has played just eight minutes for Brentford since joining in January 2015, is back in full training.

Meanwhile, Fulham will be without centre-back Michael Madl, who is likely to miss their final two games.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/football-wls-key-brentford-pair-doubtful-for-derby-with-fulham

WhiteJC

Madl expected to miss Fulham's run-in

Michael Madl is expected to miss Fulham's final two games of the season through injury.

The on-loan Sturm Graz centre-back recovered from a calf problem to play in the 3-1 defeat by Nottingham Forest last weekend.

However, Madl has picked up another knock which will rule him out of Saturday's derby with Brentford and likely the last match of the campaign against Bolton on 7 May.

Brentford have doubts over captain Jake Bidwell and striker Lasse Vibe, but striker Scott Hogan will return to the Bees' squad.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-wls-fulham-defender-expected-to-miss-final-two-games

WhiteJC

Dean Smith "looking to go one better" against Fulham

Bees boss out for three points against local rivals on Saturday.

Brentford Head Coach Dean Smith is looking forward to renewing battle with Fulham, after sampling the derby atmosphere at Craven Cottage early in his Griffin Park tenure.

"Brentford Fulham games are not end of season affairs any time you played them," said Dean. "The players are looking forward to it. I sampled the game at Craven Cottage; I think it was my second game here and it was a great atmosphere.  I thought it was an entertaining game, we should have won it. Jota scored a perfectly good goal to make it 3-2 but got disallowed by an offside flag that wasn't.

"We'll be looking to go one better; we're on a good run of form. There's a lot of confidence in the dressing room."
Dean revealed that Jake Bidwell is unlikely to be included in the squad due to injury with Lasse Vibe rated no better than 50/50 for the West London Derby.

"Marco took a knock on his calf so he's still sore," said Dean. "Lasse (Vibe) we're not too sure about. He's done some work with the medical department. Scotty [Hogan] should be fine. Philipp Hofmann has trained all week and he'll be in the squad."

Dean reviewed the midweek defeat at Hull City and was disappointed his side did not perform better.

"We debriefed it and looked at things we could have done better," said Dean. "When you watch a game back it looks different to how you saw it. Up until they scored we'd been a threat and David hadn't made a save, but neither had their goalkeeper so it became a bit of a midfield battle."

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/dean-smith-fulham-preview-28.04.16-3083700.aspx#pFU2GBjjVSCtjHHF.99

WhiteJC

Jokanović's Brentford Preview

Slaviša Jokanović is keen to see Fulham extend their run of positive results in London derbies when they travel to Brentford on Saturday.

The Whites are unbeaten against other sides from the capital this season, with the two overseen by Jokanović ending in 3-1 (at Queens Park Rangers) and 3-0 (versus Charlton Athletic) victories.

"We've had good results in London derbies," he admitted. "It's an important game in front of us and for our supporters.

"After the disappointing performance we showed in our stadium last week [against Nottingham Forest] this is our chance to try and show some positive habits.

"Brentford play very good football. I like the kind of game they try to play. If we aren't aggressive, we will pay an expensive price.

"We have to be focused. Okay we are safe, but I know how important this derby is for our supporters.

"It's a chance for us to give our supporters something, we haven't given them much this season."

When asked if he's started thinking about what the 2016/17 season will bring, Jokanović – who is set to be without Michael Madl for the final two fixtures – replied: "We're still in this season and I prefer only to think about Brentford and Bolton.

"But it's good news for us if the Club show ambition to push us higher than we are right now. I'm very motivated. I'm fighting for this club and my players are in a similar situation."

Our Head Coach was in attendance at Craven Cottage on Tuesday evening for the George Cohen fundraising dinner, an experience he savoured.

"I'm proud to have sat at the same table as one of the most important Fulham players who gave a lot for the Club and for English football," he stated.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/28/jokanovics-brentford-preview?

WhiteJC

Fulham lose crucial defender for Brentford derby – but are lifted by massive away support

Whites head coach runs the rule over the Bees and promises an effort he hopes will satisfy travelling fans to Griffin Park for last west London derby of the season

Injury: Michael Madl

Michael Madl will miss the last two Fulham games, starting with the trip to Brentford on Saturday.

The hit central defender's ankle woe demands yet another change in an ever-changing back four.

But head coach Slavisa Jokanovic says he is buoyed by the massive travelling support making the two miles across west London. It's a 1,600 sell-out in the Brook Road Stand at Griffin Park, and the man in the dugout wants to make it a memorable last away day for fans.

"I know how important this derby is for our supporters," he said. "It's a chance to give them something & get into some positive habits.

We've promised so much but haven't given our supporters too much. Saturday is a chance to change that, but Michael Madl has an injury is likely to miss our final two games."

Joka admits another performance like the 3-1 defeat to Nottingham Forest last Saturday, and Whites will come away pointless from Griffin Park as well.

He said: "Brentford play very good football. I like how they play. If we play like we did against Forest we'll pay an expensive price."

"It will be a full stadium with many Fulham supporters. I'm fighting for this club and my players are in the same situation."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-lose-crucial-defender-brentford-11257387?

WhiteJC

Get Any Goal At 4/1!

We've teamed up with our Official Betting Partner Coral to provide fans with an unbeatable new customer offer.

You can now get 4/1 for ANY goal to be scored in our Championship clash at Brentford this Saturday, exclusively with Coral!

All you have to do is sign up, deposit £5 or more into your account and place your bet on the massively enhanced odds (max bet £5). Then you can sit back and cheer on the boys to victory, which will be made all the sweeter if you make a handsome profit from it.

The Whites have only been involved in a single goalless draw all season and that's reflected in the original odds of just 1/50.

This offer is for a limited time only and expires at kick-off on Saturday (3pm) so don't miss out on this fantastic chance to back ANY goal to be scored at a massive 4/1 with Coral! Winnings will be paid in the form of free bets.

Bet now
Promotion only eligible for supporters 18 or over. T&Cs apply.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/28/get-any-goal-at-4-1?

WhiteJC

Blue & Amber Day At Meole Brace Primary

Micky, Grimmer & Cole Support School Festival

Children at Meole Brace Primary School enjoyed a Blue and Amber fundraising festival with Shrewsbury Town in the community on Thursday afternoon.

Shrewsbury Town manager Micky Mellon and on-loan Fulham players Jack Grimmer and Larnell Cole supported the event, with the money raised going towards the school's Key Stage 1 playground.

The range of activities on the day included keepie-uppie challenges, penalty shootouts, dribbling slaloms, three-a-side games with a huge ball, a bouncy castle and a treaure hunt.

Grimmer and Cole both played on opposite teams in a small-sided match with a big football and signed autographs for the children.

There was also a raffle in the assembly hall at the end with a range of prizes on offer including signed Shrewsbury Town match programmes, footballs and tickets for a Shrewsbury Town home fixture.

Town midfielder Cole said: "It was very enjoyable and good to see the children's faces.

"It reminded me of when I was a young kid.

"The game me and Jack took part in got a little more competitive as the game went on, unfortuntely for me, Jack's team won."

Andy Nodder, year five and six teacher at the school, said: "Throughout the season, we have gathered prizes with Shrewsbury Town and we wanted to focus on the last home game to drum up local support, get more fans to the game and raise some money for our Key Stage 1 playground.

"We would like to thank the club for their time to visit us."

Shrewsbury Town in the Community manager, Jamie Edwards, said: "It was fantastic to support Meole Brace Primary School and see Jack and Larnell involved with the activities taking place on the day.

"It is important for the Club to continue to build its links with local schools and we hope that children like the ones at Meole Brace Primary grow up to be Shrewsbury Town fans."

Read more at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/article/shrewsbury-town-jack-grimmer-larnell-cole-3084362.aspx#22z1uW0meVqYb1bt.99

WhiteJC

Jokanović: For The Fans

Slaviša Jokanović looks back at a disappointing performance against Nottingham Forest, and previews Saturday's London derby at Brentford.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/28/head-coach-video?

WhiteJC

Are this Fulham duo the deadliest strike partnership in England?

Last weekend, Fulham Football Club secured their Championship status in nerve racking fashion for the second successive year, thanks to two players who have saved the Whites from almost certain demotion. The Cottagers have shipped an astounding 76 goals so far this season – the second worst in the league. With such an abysmal defensive record, many would expect them to be relegation favourites. However, the heroics of Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele – the deadliest strike partnership in England – have averted disaster and brought joy to the banks of the Thames.

At first glance, the duo seem an unlikely pairing. McCormack is a hardened Scot, a Championship veteran of eight years; while Dembele is a French teenager playing his first full season in England after arriving from Paris Saint Germain. Yet despite their polar opposite footballing backgrounds, the two have developed a brilliant partnership this season.

McCormack and Dembele have combined to score 36 league goals this season, a superb total that constitutes more than half of the club's total goals for the campaign. Both find themselves perched in the top 10 of the top scorers list, with McCormack bagging 21 goals and Dembele 15. However, the productivity does not end there. The Scot also has notched nine assists this term, the most of anyone in the top five scorers list, and Dembele has chipped in with six; both wholly impressive statistics for strikers.

In addition, the two are some of the most efficient and effective strikers of the ball in the division. McCormack has the highest shots on target percentage of anyone in the top 15 of the scorers list, boasting a rate of 58 percent. The Scot and the Frenchman always seem to know exactly where the other is on the pitch, and this sixth sense has made Fulham one of the best attacking sides in the Championship.

But things were not always so rosy at Fulham. During the January transfer window, rumors were swirling around Craven Cottage, with reports linking McCormack to Middlesbrough and Dembele to Tottenham. In late January, it seemed as if Fulham's prized strike partnership would be fleeing the confines of SW6.

Luckily, both moves fell through at the last minute, with McCormack eventually signing a new contract until 2019, with the option to extend it a further year. Meanwhile, Dembele's proposed Spurs move fell through, leaving the dynamic duo intact in SW6. Manager Slavisa Jokanovic proclaimed victory at the time, achieving his goal of keeping both strikers at the club.

And what an inspired decision it turned out to be. The two have enjoyed a prolific season this year, sharing a telepathic relationship that breeds goals by the dozen.

A prime example of the lethal partnership is Fulham's fourth goal in the 4-2 comeback victory over Reading in October. Dembele latched onto a loose ball in the opposition half, and quickly played a one time pass to McCormack ten yards in front of him. McCormack impudently back-heeled the ball to Dembele, who was making a surging run into the penalty area.

Moussa then took a touch and cooly slotted into the back of the net past the helpless goalkeeper. That goal perfectly encapsulated their season: an intelligent, devastating one-two that left opposition defenders in the dust, with a touch of panache and finished off with class. That's McCormack and Dembele in a nutshell.

McCormack and Dembele's outstanding form this season has surely saved Fulham from relegation. Defensive issues have plagued the Whites all year, and with one of the leakiest backlines in the division, it is worrying to wonder where Fulham would be without the strike duo's vital goals.

But this summer will pose urgent questions in SW6. Dembele's contract expires this offseason, and on his form Premier League offers will surely be flooding in. In addition, although McCormack has signed a new contract, he might still be tempted by top flight offers. Facing the prospect of losing our star strikers yet again, the club must invest in suitable replacements and shore up our ailing defence.

For now, all Fulham fans can do is hope. Yet we can still savor the closing stages of what has been a marvelous attacking season for the Whites. This year fans have been lucky enough to witness the best strike partnership in England in the flesh, and the Fulham faithful must cherish the last glimpses of McCormack and Dembele before it's too late.

http://tbrfootball.com/are-this-fulham-duo-the-deadliest-strike-partnership-in-england/?

WhiteJC

Fulham owner vows to back manager with funds in order to push for promotion

Fulham owner Shahid Khan has given manager Slavisa Jokanvoic the green light for funds in order to construct a major summer rebuild at the club, report Get West London Sport.

The Cottagers were hit with financial limitations from the Football League following a £6m loss after their relegation and were unable to draft in players during the January transfer window.

That meant the Serbian tactician largely had to make do with an unbalanced squad left by Kit Symons and a number of caretaker bosses as he fought against relegation.

Having secured their safety, Khan will reportedly afford the former Watford coach funds in order to construct a side that can push for promotion once again.

While with the Hornets last year, the 47-year old masterminded a successful promotion push for the Hertfordshire outfit before losing his job.

Having steered the club to safety in difficult circumstances, the Serb has now been promised funds in order to try and replicate his exploits at Vicarage Road last term.

'Under Slaviša Jokanovic , we will enter the 2016/17 campaign with great anticipation and confidence as high as it has been in years,' revealed the American tycoon.

'Slaviša will be given the green light to build a team capable of promotion, and that's important, because it appears the Sky Bet Championship will be as difficult as ever.'

'We plan more promotions and opportunities to reward the faith of our supporters, who always help to make Craven Cottage one of the premier destinations in all of football.'

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-owner-vows-to-back-manager-with-funds-in-order-to-push-for-promotion/?

WhiteJC

Brentford v Fulham – Lasse Vigen Christensen has Lasse Vibe in his sights

A pair of Danes lock horns at Griffin Park tomorrow with the man in white hoping to get the better of his Bees namesake in Griffin Park west London derby

Lasse at the double: Vibe (L) and Christensen

Lasse Vigen Christensen agrees it will be handy if there are scouts from Denmark's international set-up at Griffin Park tomorrow.

Two for the price of one, you might say, as the Fulham midfielder tries to get one over countryman Lasse Vibe at Brentford.

However, Christensen admits he has a way to go before he can boast the same senior pedigree as the forward at Griffin Park.

"I don't know him personally, and I wouldn't say I follow him, but I know about him from his time in Denmark and Sweden, and since here I know what he's done," Christensen said.

The Fulham Lasse is back from yet another injury that's disrupted his season and left him with only 39 appearances in total since 2013.

He's under no illusions about immediate international chances at senior level, but hopes he gets to play for his country in this summer's Olympic Games.

He said: "I definitely think any scouts will be watching the other Lasse. I'm still with the U21 group, but it would be nice to get the better of him and Brentford.

"Denmark has some exiting tournaments coming up, and it would be nice to be part of them.

"But the goal is to get in the full international team, although that's not up to me, of course."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-v-fulham--lasse-11257889?

WhiteJC

Fulham bring curtain down on Griffin Park season: Preview and pubs

A few short weeks ago, the Brentford-Fulham derby was looming large on the calendar as a day when one of us could be potentially relegated to League One.

The Bees had been sliding down the Championship table for the best part of two months while the Cottagers have been hovering above the trapdoor for most of the season.

Then the international break happened – and something that occurred in that fortnight resulted in each team picking up nine points in the first week of April.

Not only did those runs, which continued to six unbeaten games in our case, banish any fears of dropping into the third tier – they also meant that Saturday's game would be played purely for local pride and bragging rights.

Fulham's safety was mathematically secured by our 4-1 win at stadiummk last Saturday – a victory that relegated MK Dons to League One along with Bolton and Charlton and saved everyone else.

But they still look set to finish in their lowest league position since the 1998/99 season when they were champions of the old Division Two (now League One).

After two seasons in Division One (now Championship), finishing ninth and as champions, they were promoted to the Premier League to start a 13-year spell in the top flight.

They mostly finished in the bottom half of the table, although they did have four seasons when they came between seventh and ninth and in 2010 reached the Europa League final, where they lost 2-1 to Atletico Madrid after extra-time.

Last season was a struggle for Fulham, as they adjusted to life in the Football League once again and, despite 17 Championship goals from Ross McCormack, they finished 17th.

This season has also been hard going again – but really because of their defence rather than their attack.

McCormack has continued his good form to score 21 league goals and Moussa Dembele has contributed 15 as Fulham have found the net 65 times to make them the Championship's joint third highest scorers with Derby and only behind Brighton and Burnley.

However the 76 goals they have conceded is the joint second worst in the division – the same number that Charlton have let in and a figure that is only exceeded by Bolton with 80.

Away from home they have only won four times – at Rotherham (3-1 in August), Bristol City (4-1 in October), QPR (3-1 in February) and Preston (2-1 in April) – but they have drawn 10 matches, which is the second highest figure in the Championship behind Brighton (11).

WE'VE MET BEFORE
Despite our successes against Fulham last season, they won their previous three visits to Griffin Park.

They earned league wins in 1997/98 (2-0) and 1993/94 (2-1) and also beat us in the second round of last season's Capital One Cup (1-0).

However it's the three recent Championship encounters which we are going to recall here.

This season's first meeting was in December at Craven Cottage and was Dean Smith's second match in charge.

An early Alan Judge penalty put us ahead but James Tarkowski's own goal levelled things up before the break and Moussa Dembele put Fulham ahead midway through the second half before Jack O'Connell equalised with his first Brentford goal.

We thought we had won it through another late goal by Jota but a linesman's flag meant that the strike was ruled out and the game finished 2-2.

Both last season's league encounters were memorable for Bees fans – thanks to "Jota in the last minute" and the very Good Friday at the Cottage.

The Sky cameras were at Griffin Park on a Friday night in November to show the first encounter in which all the goals were scored in the second half.

Hugo Rodallega put Fulham ahead in the 57th minute but Harlee Dean equalised with nine minutes to go and then Jota scored the goal which earned him cult status among Brentford supporters to earn us a dramatic 2-1 win.

The away game is one that will never be forgotten by the 6,000+ Brentford fans who filled the away end on that Friday afternoon.

Two goals from Stuart Dallas either side of half-time put us in command but Ross McCormack put Fulham back in it with a 67th minute penalty.

However Alan Judge curled in a 90th minute free-kick before that man Jota scored another late goal to wrap up a famous 4-1 win.

OPPOSTION VIEW
Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic is determined his side maintains their unbeaten record in London derbies in the Championship this season.

The Whites did the double over QPR (4-0 & 3-1) and picked up four points against Charlton (2-2 & 3-0) and drew 2-2 against us in December.

He told the Fulham website: "We've had good results in London derbies. Saturday is an important game in front of us and for our supporters.

"After the disappointing performance we showed in our stadium last week [against Nottingham Forest] this is our chance to try and show some positive habits.

"Brentford play very good football. I like the kind of game they try to play. If we aren't aggressive, we will pay an expensive price.

"We have to be focused. Okay we are safe, but I know how important this derby is for our supporters.

"It's a chance for us to give our supporters something, we haven't given them much this season."

Full-back John Fraser, who played for both clubs during the 1970s, has been telling Fulham's website of the culture shock he experienced when leaving the Division Two Cottagers to sign for the Bees, who were then in the Fourth Division.

"I wondered what I'd done," he said. "It was like a whole different world. The first day walking into the dressing room there was a pile of old training kit which we had to take home to be washed.

"It was like Fulham were first-class, and Brentford were third-class. Without sounding disrespectful, it was a real eye-opener for me."

IN CHARGE
Slavisa Jokanovic was named as Fulham manager just after Christmas – nearly two months after they had sacked their previous boss Kit Symons.

The former Chelsea player led Watford into the Premier League last season but left the club after contract talks could not be resolved.

He started this season managing Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv before moving to the Cottage.

He has managed in six different countries having also been in charge of Partizan (Serbia), Muangthong United (Thailand), Levski Sofia (Bulgaria) and Hercules (Spain)
Slavisa played for eight clubs, with Deportivo La Coruna among them, while he won 64 caps for Yugoslavia/FR Yugoslavia.

SQUAD NEWS
Fulham are another team to have used a large number of players this season – with 33 men making at least one substitute appearance for them in the Championship.

Ross McCormack has started 43 of their 44 league games and Moussa Dembele has been involved in 42 (five as substitute) – showing just how crucial their two star players are to the side.

Apart from midfielders Tom Cairney and Jamie O'Hara, who have only missed a handful of games between them, nobody else has started 30 or more matches.

Former Brentford loan defender Ryan Fredericks, who made one full and four substitute appearances for us in 2012, has been involved in more than half their matches, as have fellow defenders Tim Ream and Richard Stearman.

Last Saturday against Nottingham Forest, they lined up in a 4-1-3-2 formation.

Marcus Bettinelli, back in the side recently after a long injury lay-off, was in goal behind a back four of Fredericks, Michael Madl, who misses out today with an ankle injury, Fernando Amorebieta, who scored Middlesbrough's last-gasp play-off winner at Griffin Park last season, and Ream.

Former England international Scott Parker sat in front of the back four, with Cairney, Rohan Ince and Emerson Hyndman in front of him, behind the front two of McCormack and Dembele.

IAN WESTBROOK

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=18018

WhiteJC

Brentford vs Fulham Fan Update

Saturday sees the culmination of a tumultuous Brentford season with a home derby against Fulham. It should be a fun day to sign off the season. Here is all the info you'll need on the day.

There is rugby on at Twickenham with a 3pm kick-off so trains will be very busy.

As it's a local derby and it's the last game of the season there will be some more police than for a regular home match. It is possible there may be crowd control in place at train stations and at the away end after the match.

Some pubs have also made slight changes to their admission policy. All the pub info you need ahead of Saturday's finale is below:

Globe
Pre match:- Home fans only
During Match:- Home fans only
Post Match:- Home fans only

Griffin
Pre match:- Home and away with tickets
During match:- Shut one door and home fans with tickets.
Post match:- Home fans with tickets or regulars

O'Riordens
Pre Match:- Accept both sets of fans
During match:- Accept both sets of fans
Post match:- Accept both sets of fans

New Inn
Pre match:- They will be home and away but only with tickets
During match:- They will clear the pub then home fans with tickets
Post match:- Home only with tickets

Princess Royal
Pre match:- Home and away fans
During match:- Home and away fans
Post match:- Home and away fans. They are going to close at 1830 as they will clear the pub for a disco at 1900.

Inverness Social
Pre match:- Home fans only that are regular members of the club.
During Match:- Home fans only that are regular members of the club.
Post match:- Home fans only that are regular members of the club.

Kings Arms
Pre match:- Accept both home and away fans
During match:- Accept both home and away fans
Post match:- Accept both home and away fans, they close at 1900 anyway

Beehive
Pre match:- Will accept both home and away fans
During match:- Will accept both home and away fans
Post match:- Will accept both home and away fans but will assess on the day

All other pubs in the area will accept both home and away fans

http://bias.org.uk/2016/04/29/brentford-vs-fulham-fan-update/?

WhiteJC

Brentford Factfile

Fulham will be looking to go a ninth London derby unbeaten when they travel to local rivals Brentford on Saturday (3pm).

The opposition

Brentford have overcome some patchy form at the start of the calendar year to put themselves on course for a top half Sky Bet Championship finish.

After losing 11 of their first 14 fixtures in 2016, it looked as though they may get sucked into a relegation dogfight, but they followed that up with a superb six-game period which yielded 16 points out of a possible 18.

They do go into Saturday's derby on the back of a defeat, though, after they were beaten 2-0 at Hull City's KC Stadium on Tuesday night.

Team news

Jake Bidwell is set to miss out through injury, while Lasse Vibe has a 50/50 chance of making it. Marco Djuricin is a doubt, but Scott Hogan and Philipp Hofmann should be in the matchday 18.

Tickets

This match has sold out, and no tickets will be available to Fulham fans on the gate.

Weather

It should stay dry in Brentford on Saturday, with temperatures of around 12 degrees.

Coral match odds

Brentford: Evens

Draw: 12/5

Fulham: 12/5

Pre-match

Griffin Park is famously is the only football ground in the country to have a pub on each corner, although these will not all be away fan friendly. Alternatives include the Lord Nelson and the Globe which are a 10-minute walk from the stadium.

Last time we met

The spoils were shared in an entertaining 2-2 draw when we faced Brentford at the Cottage in December. The Bees opened the scoring through Alan Judge's 18th minute penalty, although the award of the spot-kick was very harsh on Jazz Richards who was adjudged to have fouled Bidwell. The teams went into the break level after James Tarkowski nodded Ross McCormack's cross into his own net, and Moussa Dembélé poked the Whites in front in the 64th minute. It ended all even, though, as Tarkowski flicked on a corner shortly after which Jack O'Connell bundled in from close range.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/april/29/brentford-factfile?