News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's the excuse today for this embarrassing shambles ?

Started by Baszab, April 30, 2016, 03:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

I've never known Gentleman Jim to be so  critical of a Fulham team, and by implication, manager, or so upset by a Fulham performance.

Joka did seem to be getting right, when he made us  strong at the back  with a very defensive formation - and we managed to edge some crucial results - with a bit of luck maybe. But then he started to chop and change again, wanted to be more attacking I suppose - and look what's happened with our last three results.

He seems to be in place for next season - the owner has backed him, so we just have to believe in him, and that he can get it right.

What we need is defensive organisation, and consistency in tactics and selection. has Joka got the right amount of experience at this level of the English game?

Well, he's the man in place, so hopefully he will get it right.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Oakeshott on April 30, 2016, 05:56:16 PM
At least J's not offering excuses:

"It was an embarrassing performance in the first 45 minutes," he said. "We played without any character, desire and insurance from the defensive line. We're soft at the back, we make big mistakes, but it's nothing new for us, it's the story of our season.

"We made some chances today, but didn't score. But we weren't solid or strong enough at the back. We have to be ashamed. I was in a honeymoon [period] with the Fulham fans but the honeymoon is over."

That is certainly commendably frank.

All Symons would've said, "move on to next week", "learn from our mistakes" etc. My feeling with SJ is that he is trying to improve the side, but they are just not putting in the effort. He is 10x the manager Symons was, and I'm quite certain that this isn't SJs fault.

Slaphead in Qatar

As I have said before even if Khan wants to fund transfers and jok identifies the right players, will they want to join. We are not a very attractive proposition right now.

Blanco

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on April 30, 2016, 06:31:41 PM
As I have said before even if Khan wants to fund transfers and jok identifies the right players, will they want to join. We are not a very attractive proposition right now.

Neither are a lot of Championshop clubs to be fair. At least Fulham have money and are in London.

colinwhite

Ray I agree about Jim ,he was fuming .He openly critisced jokanovic and the cluband above all team selection . i like jim alot but he rates Smith ,Burn and Hutchinson ,Im afraid I dont,I wish I did.

RaySmith

He think he likes those players attitude, even if he doesn't think them he most talented footballers.

But I've never heard Jim so critical of the team, and, mainly, manager. In fact, he always been very diplomatic about criticism of individual players or Fulham management - you usually  have to read between the lines.

filham

Quote from: love4ffc on April 30, 2016, 03:59:37 PM
There are no excuses for today for either players or manager.  Let's just hope Joka has a plan for the summer. 
Jokanovic has had a different plan for every other game we have played. The concern is that he will in a similar way keep changing his plan throughout the summer.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Baszab on April 30, 2016, 03:58:07 PM
I am sure there will be loads

But most of all it is NOT SJ's fault is it?

Pathetic in every aspect
f
No - most of it is 'lover boy' Kits fault!

Whitesideup

Clearly managers and players both have to carry responsibility. I thought at one stage we were playing much better, but not getting results .. Derby away and home, Hull at home and especially Burnley at home. Good performances against sides much higher up the league. I thought with a bit more guile and organization those results would come. But SJ is right: we continue to make big mistakes. All of Stearman, Richards, Garbutt, and Ream have not delivered the quality of performance we would have hoped of them. We also fail with the Dembele - McCormack combination to create much pressure in the final third, though both have a great goal-scoring record for a team finishing 4th from bottom.

I don't know how high our wage bill is compared to other teams .. but we have clearly underperformed and some of the errors we have made are not really down to the manager. And to say well Hutchinson played well against Ipswich and then inexplicably dropped.. people have short memories .. his mistakes have also cost us games. Not that long ago!

The truth is that we just aren't good enough, and that includes the likes of Parker (hardly any creative juices at all) and Ince - clearly not good enough for Brighton so is he good enough for us? Even our most creative player (Cearney in my view) has been banished to the wing a) because we have no wide players of any real substance  and b) because SJ is trying to protect the back 4 with a solid defensive midfield unit .. but even that doesn't work. Real work needed as otherwise we will go down next year.

jarv

Slaphead, Fulham is an attractive proposition right now. Maybe Khan would accept 3/6pence for the club.? What are they worth right now? 5 cents on the dollar he paid.   :005:  Just joking, sort of.