watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is all Kits fault

Started by J.Perkins, May 01, 2016, 07:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Yes, I know he gave his all for the club, and I'm sure his intentions were always positive, however, he is the major reason we are in this mess.

He built a majorly unbalanced squad, with cracks throughout.

Going to lesser clubs and poaching their best players was a plan which the majority agreed was a good idea. It has in fact proven to be an awful mechanism.

Signing the best players of lesser clubs is the easy option. It took no in-depth scouting, and just proved how naive a manager Symons was.

What did he say to the likes of Ream, O'Hara and Pringle? "Come join us, you'll get more money and possibly a top half finish". Bet all the players heard more money. That's the issue here. This team was built by the means of attracting players through money, not through interest in a new challenge at a different club.

Adding to that, how could a manager who had witnessed a lack of width through his whole management career, not sign proper winger. Pringle and Kaca were never the answer. You can say the same for the lack of physical CMs and decent full backs. We had witnessed previously that Richards was never anything more than average.

This squad was a complete bodgejob, with players brought in for money and money alone, and an overall massive unbalance to that. You see so many teams have a good start to the season and slowly fall off. If Symons had stayed, exactly the same would've happen.

RaySmith

I don't think our squad is that bad.

The club has had to consider budgetary  restraints when bringing in new players, but they've seemed good value acquisitions - on paper anyway.

colinwhite

None of us know how decision making inside the club worked with last summers transfers . It really doesnt matter any more. But I do think that signing players from teams below us in the table or around was a mistake. A losing mentality is hard to shake off.
The mix / balance of the players brought in to compliment what we already had was disaster. It was plain from the beginng that we lacked pace and  physicallity, and had signed a number of players with quality ,but players also with serious flaws in their game. Pringle with a good left foot but no pace , Fredricks with pace but not much else ,ohara good on the ball but with no legs ,ream good on the ball but powder puff, Stearman aggressive but lightweight etc etc.

river phoenix

Quote from: RaySmith on May 01, 2016, 07:31:33 AM

It`s not bad but the problem is it`s terribly unbalanced. No pace, no proper wingers who can stretch opposing defence, no physical defensive midfielders who can protect defence, no good full-backs...

We should give Joka a chance to build a team and I am positive next season we will watch much better and more solid Fulham.

hovewhite

epsomraver

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 01, 2016, 07:13:23 AM
Yes, I know he gave his all for the club, and I'm sure his intentions were always positive, however, he is the major reason we are in this mess.

Going to lesser clubs and poaching their best players was a plan which the majority agreed was a good idea. It has in fact proven to be an awful mechanism.

Signing the best players of lesser clubs is the easy option. It took no in-depth scouting, and just proved how naive a manager Symons was.

What did he say to the likes of Ream, O'Hara and Pringle? "Come join us, you'll get more money and possibly a top half finish". Bet all the players heard more money. That's the issue here. This team was built by the means of attracting players through money, not through interest in a new challenge at a different club.

Adding to that, how could a manager who had witnessed a lack of width through his whole management career, not sign proper winger. Pringle and Kaca were never the answer. You can say the same for the lack of physical CMs and decent full backs. We had witnessed previously that Richards was never anything more than average.

This squad was a complete bodgejob, with players brought in for money and money alone, and an overall massive unbalance to that. You see so many teams have a good start to the season and slowly fall off. If Symons had stayed, exactly the same would've happen.
that my friend is a load of unfounded nonsense, nobody knows what would have happened if Kit was still in charge, but I know one thing it cannot be any worse than what it is now, you seem to be a SJ supporter then explain why when players play well, score goals they are dropped and we try yet another formation, we play more players out of position, Looking at your age of 20 , perhaps you will concede that there are a lot of people on here who have been supporting the club 2 or 3 times the length you have lived and may have seen it all before , age doesn't make us right but with age comes wisdom and sadly you lack it when it comes to our present manager and your constant slagging off of Kit Symonds.

Bracken White

Have to totally disagree with the head post. We were 12th when he was sacked due to inconsistencies. With hindsight, this was the wrong decision but nobody has the benefit of that. It simply not the case that when we lose it is his fault - he inherited a far worse situation than Jokanovic. Worrying for me is the present Manager's seemingly inability to motivate & win matches. We will see in the summer but I am sure that many would agree that we cannot wait for this season to end.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Mighty Maik

I respectfully disagree with your conclusion but not your analysis. Mike Rigg took over all the footballing decisions and Kit was forced to try and work with him to get the players he needed. The unblanced squad is a product of Rigg not Kit. Kit knew what the problems were, what additions he needed and how low the morale was at the club. He solved, to some extent, the morale problems (which by the way I think have returned and are responsible for the lacklustre - some might say "gutless" performances of late. Kit's results indicate that he got more out of the present squad than any of the managers that followed him. Moreover the FFP problems contributed to the lack of long term thinking by the club. Finally, there appears to be, within the fraternity of football agents and other football businessmen, a recognition of the toxic environment at the club. Although it is often mentioned but never confirmed there appears to be a reluctance to come to Fulham at the moment.   I suspect it is hard to quantify just how much damage to the  club's culture and confidence Felix Magath's short tenure did and everything since then has been to try and bale water from a sinking ship with an absebtee Captain.

Dodger53

He saw enough from a 6 month loan of Richards to sign him permanently. I thought he was poor so in my opinion so was Kits decision to sign him. My opinion on Kits ability to know a good footballer from a poor or at best an ordinary one changed the day he signed him.

Fulham76

Our squad is very bad! We're 4th from bottom & getting beat most weeks while conceding at least 2-3 goals a game.

Not sure how anyone could argue that this squad isn't piss poor.

Luka

Quote from: Fulham76 on May 01, 2016, 09:56:48 AM

Our squad is very bad! We're 4th from bottom & getting beat most weeks while conceding at least 2-3 goals a game.

Not sure how anyone could argue that this squad isn't piss poor.

Bang on .....
And then add that three managers and an interim manager couldn't get a decent tune out if them tells you it's a shocking squad.

Baszab

Unusually I find myself agreeing with Statto

The OP is slightly naive - no personal criticism - in that KS was severely limited in his choice of transfer targets - it is a FACT that nearly all of them were driven by the so-called "statistical model" of Khan Jnr and friends

This is why we seemed to be picking the "best player out of other teams" to purchase (remember Tarkowski and Dunk as well were targets)

In which case KS deserves even more credit for fashioned a team spirit out of the squad he was left with. He was a rookie manager that is no doubt - but  was never given the time to develop due to the unfair criticism on social media as well as short termism from FFC management team

I see no signs of JS developing a team spirit and that is why I personally do not trust him to rejuvenate FFC

J.Perkins

Quote from: epsomraver on May 01, 2016, 09:24:21 AM

that my friend is a load of unfounded nonsense, nobody knows what would have happened if Kit was still in charge, but I know one thing it cannot be any worse than what it is now, you seem to be a SJ supporter then explain why when players play well, score goals they are dropped and we try yet another formation, we play more players out of position, Looking at your age of 20 , perhaps you will concede that there are a lot of people on here who have been supporting the club 2 or 3 times the length you have lived and may have seen it all before , age doesn't make us right but with age comes wisdom and sadly you lack it when it comes to our present manager and your constant slagging off of Kit Symonds.

With young age comes a fresh perspective. You can joke about the fact I'm only 21, but what I do know is how to argue with someone without referencing their age. So, want another go?

J.Perkins

Quote from: Baszab on May 01, 2016, 11:13:20 AM
Unusually I find myself agreeing with Statto

The OP is slightly naive - no personal criticism - in that KS was severely limited in his choice of transfer targets - it is a FACT that nearly all of them were driven by the so-called "statistical model" of Khan Jnr and friends

This is why we seemed to be picking the "best player out of other teams" to purchase (remember Tarkowski and Dunk as well were targets)

In which case KS deserves even more credit for fashioned a team spirit out of the squad he was left with. He was a rookie manager that is no doubt - but  was never given the time to develop due to the unfair criticism on social media as well as short termism from FFC management team

I see no signs of JS developing a team spirit and that is why I personally do not trust him to rejuvenate FFC

No time? He got more than enough time, and was given a target of play offs. We were never going to reach them, mainly due his naive tactics and inability to be proactive in a game.

If what you're saying about SJ is true, and this squad is better than it is, why isn't it just a walk in the park for him. He found it easy at Watford, so why not here? This squad is so unbalanced, we were destined for an under par season.

Baszab

In answer to your question - the reason JS has not "found it a walk in the park" - is because -----
he is not such a good manager as we all thought he is

I was just as excited when he joined - it looked like a really positive appointment

Unfortunately it has not proven to be so- and that's my complaint

Classic94

Really good post which, I think, epitomises this seasons car crash. Kit was a nice guy, a Fulham man, but not a strong enough character to manage at this level. Tactically, politically.. he was inept. Whether he himself chose the players or, as is likely, his hand was twisted behind the scenes, Kit has to take a portion of the blame. His voice was superseded by the corporate big-wigs and a stronger manager would have stood up and taken ownership of the situation. The mistake was not giving him the job last season but persisting with him over the summer.

Plodder

It is not "all Kit's fault".  Slavisa has to accept his share of responsibility for awful performances like yesterday's, as he has had several months to work with this squad, but has got nowhere to date (or made things worse).  I am not arguing for Slavisa to be sacked, because most managers get sacked too soon when boards and fans panic, and I think Slavisa should have the whole of next season.  However, that should not exempt him from criticism of his managerial stint to date.  He has made a poor fist of the job so far, whether judged on statistics, team selection, tactics, playing style or motivation.  With a fresh start, some squad changes and a pre season, maybe things will turn around.  Let's hope so.

epsomraver

Quote from: J.Perkins on May 01, 2016, 11:47:38 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on May 01, 2016, 09:24:21 AM

With young age comes a fresh perspective. You can joke about the fact I'm only 21, but what I do know is how to argue with someone without referencing their age. So, want another go?
Perhaps you should have a go at answering my questions regarding SJ with your fresh perspective, not a joke about your age, I explained why it was relevant to the argument, perhaps you can explain why it is not?

LBNo11

...Kit did NOT bring in the current crop of players, the only player he got his own way on bringing to the club was O'Hara, the rest were brought in by other management.

The fact is that the same players have been Jekyll and Hyde under Kit and also under Jokanovic - draw your own conclusions as to who brought in the players we have, and on what basis other than a huge reliance on agents have lead to this mishmash of a team...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Baszab

LB 11 - you are 100% correct - the fight over the statistical nonsense on who to sign was ridiculous at the time

O'Hara was begging to join us and started off really well - no surprise he couldn't  give a toss now though since SJ took over