https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

1879 what we can do to get our club back

Started by Jim, May 01, 2016, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on May 03, 2016, 09:59:36 AM
Quote from: Andy S on May 03, 2016, 09:46:14 AM
Exactly not at this stage. Go to the last game enjoy it and see what the summer brings. Plenty of time to not renew your season ticket. Sadly the players are already away on their holidays so go and enjoy yours. I for one cannot see what a protest like this would achieve. Protests on their own look stupid without a plan behind them. Where's the plan?

Good job we didn't feel like that back in the Fulham park rangers days and back to the Cottage times then , The club don't give a flying F for the supporters, those days have long gone and they will keep on dishing out the same poor performances and the same spin while we mugs take it
There is a difference to performances and the end of a club which is what we dealt with back then. There is no comparison to what fans had to do back in the 80's to save the club.
As I ask further down, what is it people want back exactly and I'll add ..how do you want that done?

Tonywa

Quote from: MJG on May 03, 2016, 09:19:52 AM
Question  ..."give us back our Fulham"

What is it you want back exactly?

Well quite. It's a phrase I hear bandied around frequently on this group, but I confess I don't have the first idea what it means.  Could the person who started the thread please elucidate.

win-dup

Quote from: Tonywa on May 03, 2016, 10:24:41 AM

Well quite. It's a phrase I hear bandied around frequently on this group, but I confess I don't have the first idea what it means.  Could the person who started the thread please elucidate.

Well, I'll have a go.  It surely means an owner who gives a toss
about the club ,and  a manager who can motivate his players to at least run until they die even if they are technically not very good footballers. Simples.

MJG

Quote from: win-dup on May 03, 2016, 12:20:45 PM
Quote from: Tonywa on May 03, 2016, 10:24:41 AM

Well, I'll have a go.  It surely means an owner who gives a toss
about the club ,and  a manager who can motivate his players to at least run until they die even if they are technically not very good footballers. Simples.
So Fulham have always had managers who did that have they?
Which one do you want back....Sanchez, Dicks, Jol.... Anyone else?

If Clay or Bulstrode were alive would have them back? did they give a toss?

What you mean is you want a good performing Fulham back. you want a winning team back?

But this is football, its full of highs and lows. As I tweeted today Ive seen 4 promotions and 4 relegation's at least.

What about Mo, maybe he will come back and move us to QPR again while he tries to build on CC....oh wait I'm sorry he gave a toss didn't he. 

Ok, so who do you want Khan to sell to then?  Anyone with a spare £250M to pay him back?

Reznor

Quote from: @jolslover on May 01, 2016, 06:20:51 PM
ahhaaha, a mass walkout, why? what would it achieve? as if we have anything to actually complain about??? so many clubs in much worse positions than us.

Wow! There you have it. So very easy to understand why we achieve little as a club with statements like this. I must remember to teach my son he doesn't really need to try to achieve anything as there are already people in a worse position than him. Jeeez.

rubbernecca

MY DEMANDS:

1. Roy
2. Champions Europa League
3. Free pies

Jim

So I have been asked what does we want our Fulham back so here goes, this is based on supporting the club for 60 years.

1 A board that cares about the club and recognises how important its supports are
2 Investment on the field with infrastructure a second priority
3 Investment in a team that can take us back to the premiership
4 A manager who has Premiership and Championship experience
5 A board that is knowledgable about football and who put their trust in the manager
6 A team that cares about the club and sweat 100% to do their best on the pitch

I hope that is clear enough. The request gets us away from the main point.

We pay good money is it unreasonable to ask for commitment from the board and players  to deliver at least one significant trophy before I die?

Jim

Tonywa I hope that is clear enough. Sometimes I think some of the posts on the site our put here by FFC PR team.

Of we donothing to put pressure on this board to move us significantly in the right direction we deserve the crap that has been served up for the last three years.

snarks

Quote from: Reznor on May 03, 2016, 12:31:09 PM
ahhaaha, a mass walkout, why? what would it achieve? as if we have anything to actually complain about??? so many clubs in much worse positions than us. H

Wow! There you have it. So very easy to understand why we achieve little as a club with statements like this. I must remember to teach my son he doesn't really need to try to achieve anything as there are already people in a worse position than him. Jeeez.

So what are you complaining about? An owner who doesn't invest - he does. A manager who can't get a team with no confidence to play like a premier league side. It seems to me that most people that are wanting some kind of protest are saying that they want a better team, as do we all.

snarks

Quote from: Jim on May 03, 2016, 01:22:31 PM
So I have been asked what does we want our Fulham back so here goes, this is based on supporting the club for 60 years.

1 A board that cares about the club and recognises how important its supports are
5 A board that is knowledgable about football and who put their trust in the manager

We pay good money is it unreasonable to ask for commitment from the board and players  to deliver at least one significant trophy before I die?

Why do you think the board doesn't care. It comes across that they do in every message.
Mr Khan invests as far as FFP allows him to, or did you not notice the embargo for breaching the rules.
As for the team point that's a repeat of the point above.
Why worry about prem experience when the teams in the championship, there are plenty that have changed managers on promotion.
Mike Rigg was bought from the FA to offer that, otherwise football is a business.
As for players that care, well in a free market that's long gone.

Having said all of that what it boils down to is success, we all want it. I don't think the club is anywhere near the dark and gloomy position you paint.

Reznor

Quote from: snarks on May 03, 2016, 01:58:58 PM
ahhaaha, a mass walkout, why? what would it achieve? as if we have anything to actually complain about??? so many clubs in much worse positions than us. H

So what are you complaining about? An owner who doesn't invest - he does. A manager who can't get a team with no confidence to play like a premier league side. It seems to me that most people that are wanting some kind of protest are saying that they want a better team, as do we all.
At the very least paying supporters should expect a board with members that understand football. It is not a lot to ask considering we are a 'football club'. Yet we are miles away from having board members who know what they are doing. Consider this, every board member on the Burnley board is a known Burnley supporter. The like of Rigg only supports his need for money.

MJG

Quote from: Reznor on May 03, 2016, 03:00:05 PM
Quote from: snarks on May 03, 2016, 01:58:58 PM

At the very least paying supporters should expect a board with members that understand football. It is not a lot to ask considering we are a 'football club'. Yet we are miles away from having board members who know what they are doing. Consider this, every board member on the Burnley board is a known Burnley supporter. The like of Rigg only supports his need for money.
Rigg is not on the board for a start. So by all means call for representation on the board but need to get facts right first.

Also Burnley were saved by local businessmen, hence their current situation with their board and tight budgets they work to. They are all about not allowing the club not to get too close to going out of business again.

Find a Fulham fan with £250M and we might be on to a goer.

MJG

Quote from: snarks on May 03, 2016, 02:57:17 PM
Quote from: Jim on May 03, 2016, 01:22:31 PM

Why do you think the board doesn't care. It comes across that they do in every message.
Mr Khan invests as far as FFP allows him to, or did you not notice the embargo for breaching the rules.
As for the team point that's a repeat of the point above.
Why worry about prem experience when the teams in the championship, there are plenty that have changed managers on promotion.
Mike Rigg was bought from the FA to offer that, otherwise football is a business.
As for players that care, well in a free market that's long gone.

Having said all of that what it boils down to is success, we all want it. I don't think the club is anywhere near the dark and gloomy position you paint.
h is how I would have answered the question.
the whole 'Want our Fulham  back' is just a saying about wanting to be better than we are now.

Historically we are exactly where we should be. Technically we are back where we should be...2nd division. But that should not stop us pushing to be better, but all the points made are what the club is trying o do anyway.

Do you think Khan & everyone else at club is deliberately trying to run things down? Honest question to people...is he just pissing away his £250M hes invested so he can lose it all?

Jim

Snarks. What you wish to wait until it is truely hopeless. Face it we should have dropped into Div 1. Would that have woken you up or would you wait for something more dark?

Please provide at what point you would do anything?

Jim

FPP was something to hide behind this season, perhaps it was designed that way. What will be the excuse this summer for not providing real investment in the team.

When you think about on the field investment don't forget what we got for Patrick Roberts.

Jim

MJG. I have been a board director in major corporations. If someone wasted my money; circa £250million they would have been long gone unless of course I was looking at the long term property investment.

TWFL

What I can't understand is the seemingly desperate desire of some people to believe that Khan, or A N Other, is running this club into the ground. Is it out of ignorant bliss that you choose to ignore the facts - such as the investment ON THE FIELD (@Jim) - and continue to demand more be done? Or is it just an outright dislike for Khan? Who in my book has done nothing that screams to me as being malicious in intent for our football club.

As some of the more rational posters have said before me, we are just coming off the back of a very successful period in our history, easily argued as the best. 3 years in the second flight is no bad thing. Yes the results haven't been what we've expected and the promises made haven't been fulfilled but that is football. Things don't always go to plan. There are clearly plans in place that are trying - and I emphasise that word as it means there is no guarantee of success merely an effort of obtaining it - to return us to the top flight. We are not that big a club and we cannot demand things. The last 3 years have been bad, yes, but they are not a mark on the happenings of the torrid 80s many had to endure and we should be grateful for that.

Patrick

Quote from: TWFL on May 03, 2016, 08:28:16 PM
What I can't understand is the seemingly desperate desire of some people to believe that Khan, or A N Other, is running this club into the ground. Is it out of ignorant bliss that you choose to ignore the facts - such as the investment ON THE FIELD (@Jim) - and continue to demand more be done? Or is it just an outright dislike for Khan? Who in my book has done nothing that screams to me as being malicious in intent for our football club.

As some of the more rational posters have said before me, we are just coming off the back of a very successful period in our history, easily argued as the best. 3 years in the second flight is no bad thing. Yes the results haven't been what we've expected and the promises made haven't been fulfilled but that is football. Things don't always go to plan. There are clearly plans in place that are trying - and I emphasise that word as it means there is no guarantee of success merely an effort of obtaining it - to return us to the top flight. We are not that big a club and we cannot demand things. The last 3 years have been bad, yes, but they are not a mark on the happenings of the torrid 80s many had to endure and we should be grateful for that.

REALITY.....

1.  Massive Underperformance....both on an outright basis...and on relative basis (eg vs QPR/Brentford etc).

2.  Repeated Poor Decision-Making...ie the recruitment of Ream/Stearman/Richards...as evidenced by our defensive stats.

3.  Lack of accountability and HONESTY from the Corporate Management...not to mention the Patronising Disrespect shown to the fans in the 'Articles/Press releases' on the Official FFC site.

Do you want me to continue???

The past 3/4 years have been shambolic....and the 'inner clique'..ie MacIntosh et al...and ultimately Khan and his acolytes are responsible.

The behaviour  (booing/chanting etc)  of the fans at Griifin Park on last Saturday was totally understandable..and IMHO totally justified.....and a repeat of this at CC this Saturday would in IMHO be a correct acknowledgement by the fans of the current scandalous situation at our club.

Arthur

Quote from: Jim on May 03, 2016, 06:11:47 PM
Face it we should have dropped into Div 1.

Even on the back of our current poor run of results, we're still 9 points away from occupying a relegation place. I don't see any 'should' in that. 'Might', yes, but to suggest more than this seems an exaggeration.

Quote from: Jim on May 03, 2016, 06:15:23 PM
FPP was something to hide behind this season, perhaps it was designed that way. What will be the excuse this summer for not providing real investment in the team.

When you think about on the field investment don't forget what we got for Patrick Roberts.

You want me to believe that the Club overspent last season in order to purposely invoke a transfer embargo that would enable it to spend less over the two seasons combined. Provide me with a few ballpark figures to show that this is feasible and I'll give it some consideration. Without them, however, this seems nothing other than 'pie-in-the-sky'.

Quote from: Jim on May 03, 2016, 06:18:29 PM
MJG. I have been a board director in major corporations. If someone wasted my money; circa £250million they would have been long gone unless of course I was looking at the long term property investment.

First, the lion's share of the money that our Chairman would need to walk away from this Club without making a loss would be the money that he spent to acquire it in the first place. Secondly, correct me if I'm wrong, whoever was responsible for the biggest single failure to get value for money (i.e. the purchasing of Mitroglou) will, upon Rigg's arrival, have been demoted, side-shuffled or replaced.

If you are going to assert that Khan has an ulterior motive, it won't help your cause if the one point you make to support your claim turns out not to be accurate.

Patrick

Quote from: Arthur on May 03, 2016, 09:02:18 PM
Quote from: Jim on May 03, 2016, 06:11:47 PM
Face it we should have dropped into Div 1.

Even on the back of our current poor run of results, we're still 9 points away from occupying a relegation place. I don't see any 'should' in that. 'Might', yes, but to suggest more than this seems an exaggeration.

Quote from: Jim on May 03, 2016, 06:15:23 PM

You want me to believe that the Club overspent last season in order to purposely invoke a transfer embargo that would enable it to spend less over the two seasons combined. Provide me with a few ballpark figures to show that this is feasible and I'll give it some consideration. Without them, however, this seems nothing other than 'pie-in-the-sky'.

Quote from: Jim on May 03, 2016, 06:18:29 PM

First, the lion's share of the money that our Chairman would need to walk away from this Club without making a loss would be the money that he spent to acquire it in the first place. Secondly, correct me if I'm wrong, whoever was responsible for the biggest single failure to get value for money (i.e. the purchasing of Mitroglou) will, upon Rigg's arrival, have been either demoted, side-shuffled or replaced.

If you are going to assert that Khan has an ulterior motive, it won't help your cause if the one point you make to support your claim turns out not to be accurate.

On your final point...ie ulterior motive....IMHO...the initial prime driver for Khan's involvement in English football was/is the upcoming London NFL franchise.
It is widely acknowledged that the FFC purchase served/serves an an entree in London political/decisioning-making milieu..which in conjunction with the NFL hierarchy will determine the successful bidder for the London NFL franchise.     Given the economics of this...the price paid to MAF for FFC pales into insignificance....and in any case FFC ...does have a reasonable re-sale value...