watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All that Jazz

Started by Supermitch, May 01, 2016, 08:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermitch

Have been trying not to think about yesterday's performance (if that is the correct word).  I did though hear on the radio earlier "All that Jazz", from the Musical Chicago.

Sadly, this brought me back to yesterday and the showing of our right back.  When we first had Richards on loan from Swansea I thought he did ok, nothing out of the ordinary but a useful addition in a position where we were lacking.  Certainly a couple of his performances for Wales were outstanding and it was no real surprise when he signed for us last summer.

What has happened since then though is a total mystery.  After a number of poor showings was left out of the team and was not selected by most of the "team pickers" since Kit left, although has still played for Wales.  I was, like most I suspect, very surprised to see his name in the starting line-up but was prepared to give him a chance.

Was followed was in my view one of the worst individual performances in a Fulham shirt for a long time.  Yes, I was there through all the really bad days but at this level and for a current international I'm struggling to think of anything positive to say.

What has gone on with him?  Whatever, it will clearly be in his and our best interests if he moves on this summer but he's still under contract.  Accordingly hope he plays well in the Euros so someone will want to come in and sign him.

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2016, 08:13:15 PM
Jack Grimmer is a decent prospect, and a far better defender than Richards, but I am not sure if Jok as even heard of him, or bothered to find out, as he is too busy shuffling his pack, like a Poker Player ready to lose his shirt on a pair of treys.

This is abit of a weird thing to say, The season is over, surely now is the best time to shuffle the pack. Richards will have been banging on Jokas door all week asking for a start and now that hes given him one and Richards didn't take his chance we can move on.
Stearman offers nothing going forward, Fredericks offers nothing defensively, so it makes sense to give Richards a chance.
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2016, 08:57:38 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on May 01, 2016, 08:20:57 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 01, 2016, 08:13:15 PM
Jack Grimmer is a decent prospect, and a far better defender than Richards, but I am not sure if Jok as even heard of him, or bothered to find out, as he is too busy shuffling his pack, like a Poker Player ready to lose his shirt on a pair of treys.

This is abit of a weird thing to say, The season is over, surely now is the best time to shuffle the pack. Richards will have been banging on Jokas door all week asking for a start and now that hes given him one and Richards didn't take his chance we can move on.
Stearman offers nothing going forward, Fredericks offers nothing defensively, so it makes sense to give Richards a chance.

Not weird at all, more like good foresight, as I and thousands of other supporters would have advised the manager to not select Richards in the first place, as we know his limitations, as should his manager, and that would have allowed him to try someone else if he had known that.
But he clearly didn't do his homework or research, which is always going to be a draw back when a manager is recruited directly from overseas who does not have enough knowledge on the players he would be inheriting. 

But Jokanovic sees Richards every day in training? So definitely 100% knows a lot more about him than we do...
STH H3

fulhamben

Grimmer scored and got motm yesterday
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HillFace

Hmmm, Not sure I agree, Woolly.

It would make sense at this point in time to give some players a try. We're safe, we've got a shambolic squad, Jok may just be looking to find any kind of semblance of a player he can carry forward to next season. Would it not be a fair assumption that an internationally capped player could do a job in a second-tier division? And it's not as if we're spoiled for choice at RB. Perhaps he's shown something in training. Perhaps not. At this point, I have no qualms with Jok trying to find out about this current crop as much as possible. If there is any positives to be taken from that game is that Jazz will most certainly now be moved on.
The above may be nonsense

One Martin Thomas

Has he ever played for us in what he believes is his best position? I would like to see him as a defensive midfielder before he is moved on. He's going to the Euros for god sake, there must be a footballer in there somewhere. ... unless it is a case of wrong guy at wrong club.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 02, 2016, 02:00:26 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on May 01, 2016, 10:10:46 PM
Grimmer scored and got motm yesterday

This loan spell has clearly helped his progress.
playing for us would have too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

One Martin Thomas

bill taylors apprentice

He may not be playing in a system or position he favours but he's a Pro footballer and its not like he' been asked to play centre forward!

Even allowing for a misinterpretation of his body language this player has looked disinterested and played all season as if he didn't really want to be here.

The way he lost the ball on Saturday was typical of his inability to get the basics right, forget whether he was fouled or not, he created the problem with his usual negative play.

Everything about his pedigree says he should being doing a decent job for us, so I can only conclude he's not right in the head!   

HillingdonFFC

Agree totally about Richards, thought he wasn't too bad when we signed him on loan. I went on the Swansea message boards and no-one rated him but all wished him well.
Saturday was right up there with the worst individual performances I've seen at Fulham, he was truly and utterly dreadful. Felt sorry for the bloke, should've come off after 30 mins.
Its genuinely baffling how he puts in decent games for Wales