watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looking at the top teams in this league over last two seasons

Started by BedsFFC, May 02, 2016, 03:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

there does seem to be some synergy with the teams going up and challenging.

I would say quick pace of majority of attacking players
      Quick passing in attacking 3rd
      Looking to turn defence into attack quickly
      Direct but not long
      Use wide players stretching defence
      Quick strong strikers

OK, let me ask my real question. I didn't want the subject to read "Does Ross hinder us?" as some posts have a habit of being hijacked by negativity.

Ross is an absolute wonderful player but if played up front would any team get out of this division?

colinwhite

The problem with Ross is he dictates the shape of your team if he plays as you have to go with 2up -front as i and several others have stated for a long time . It does mean your other forward must be mobile ,fast and a hard worker for the team, as well as being able to link up the play.

HV71

Quote from: colinwhite on May 02, 2016, 03:44:48 PM
The problem with Ross is he dictates the shape of your team if he plays as you have to go with 2up -front as i and several others have stated for a long time . It does mean your other forward must be mobile ,fast and a hard worker for the team, as well as being able to link up the play.

Yes - should have been Shane Long

H4usuallysitting

Would this player be Cayley Woodrow

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 03, 2016, 03:46:42 AM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 02, 2016, 07:47:06 PM

Would this player be Cayley Woodrow

No, it's his brother Cauley.

Not his sister Hayley

Big fingers little phone

copthornemike

You raise some good points.

However the principle problem (after our poor performance as a team defensively) in my opinion is that we have had no pace throughout the team.

Just look at the effect Fredericks had when he came on in the second half and consistently got behind the Brentford defense - even when they started to double up on him.

I am sure Ross would have done even better with quicker players around him. In my opinion our slow play hinders his effectiveness and often results in him dropping back just to get the ball in an effort to create an attacking threat.