watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silence of the Rigg

Started by FulhamStu, May 01, 2016, 07:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

Rigg is suppose  to be top man in charge of Football at the club.  His job is to provide leadership and strategy.  Well that's what he and Khan told us at the start of the season.  Leadership involves communicating your ideas, explaining what is going right and what is going wrong.  Since his video before the season started we have heard or read nothing from him apart from an interview after Kit was fired.  He is suppose to be a leader but does not act like One.  Khan must hold him largely responsible for the poor season on the pitch.  Most fans would be happy to see him fired right now. From where I sit he has added nothing to the club other than take us backwards.  I would expect him as a minimum to face the music, give us the fans some sort of explanation as to why we are a million miles from his top 6 objective.  In my mind he has demonstrated very weak leadership and I will be looking forward to asking him a few questions at the cottage next week if I come across him in the Riverside Stand.

St Eve

Maybe he has just disappeared. Kind of like Curbishley did

Wearethewhites

Last I heard is that he was relaxed from all negotiations until further notice.

J

Quote from: FulhamStu on May 01, 2016, 07:17:50 PM
Rigg is suppose  to be top man in charge of Football at the club.  His job is to provide leadership and strategy.  Well that's what he and Khan told us at the start of the season.  Leadership involves communicating your ideas, explaining what is going right and what is going wrong.  Since his video before the season started we have heard or read nothing from him apart from an interview after Kit was fired.  He is suppose to be a leader but does not act like One.  Khan must hold him largely responsible for the poor season on the pitch.  Most fans would be happy to see him fired right now. From where I sit he has added nothing to the club other than take us backwards.  I would expect him as a minimum to face the music, give us the fans some sort of explanation as to why we are a million miles from his top 6 objective.  In my mind he has demonstrated very weak leadership and I will be looking forward to asking him a few questions at the cottage next week if I come across him in the Riverside Stand.

Whilst your criticism is fair, I think you are misinterpreting his job - he should be doing those things within Fulham, but he is not the public face or external spokesman for the club... If he is failing at this it is an internal matter to sort out, not to be done in public

Fulham76

I sold one of my businesses about 9 years ago. Once sold I didn't give it a 2nd thought until about 2 years ago when I was offered the chance to buy it back at a fraction of the price I sold it for.

When I went back to discuss their proposal, the place was a mess! They did have nice flashy offices, flashy IT, flashy cars, everything was flash apart from the 'business' & what they should have been doing. They had 6 times the employees compared to when I sold the place.... Literally 4 people in each role, all doing their job badly!

I didn't take it back & now the business has gone anyway. I see the 'to let' signs hanging off the office every time I drive past the place.

Anyway, my point is, fulham seem to be doing something very similar & over complicating everything they do. I've never heard so much talk about the board room - Rigg, Khan, his son, Mcintosh.... Where were all the people in these positions during our successful years??? Al Fayed was the boss & we had a manager.

Who are all these Rigg types & what are they doing with our club?

epsomraver

What is wrong with this club is that we have no Fulham people in charge anymore, they are now just execs just doing a job at a place of work that happens to be Fulham FFC, it is glaringly obvious from the statements, the spin, the organisation, free hot food before the forest game is a small example ,

HV71

Quote from: epsomraver on May 02, 2016, 01:03:24 PM
What is wrong with this club is that we have no Fulham people in charge anymore, they are now just execs just doing a job at a place of work that happens to be Fulham FFC, it is glaringly obvious from the statements, the spin, the organisation, free hot food before the forest game is a small example ,

Bring back Mark Collins - a true Fulham fan - with real football experience and a great chap to boot !

Fulham76

Quote from: Statto on May 02, 2016, 04:47:41 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on May 01, 2016, 09:30:22 PM
I sold one of my businesses about 9 years ago. Once sold I didn't give it a 2nd thought until about 2 years ago when I was offered the chance to buy it back at a fraction of the price I sold it for.

When I went back to discuss their proposal, the place was a mess! They did have nice flashy offices, flashy IT, flashy cars, everything was flash apart from the 'business' & what they should have been doing. They had 6 times the employees compared to when I sold the place.... Literally 4 people in each role, all doing their job badly!

I didn't take it back & now the business has gone anyway. I see the 'to let' signs hanging off the office every time I drive past the place.

Anyway, my point is, fulham seem to be doing something very similar & over complicating everything they do. I've never heard so much talk about the board room - Rigg, Khan, his son, Mcintosh.... Where were all the people in these positions during our successful years??? Al Fayed was the boss & we had a manager.

Who are all these Rigg types & what are they doing with our club?

Both Al Fayed's sons were directors. And his PR man. You may also recall we had a manager plus DoF, Keegan and Wilkins, when he first took over. Then there was Baresi, among others. There were generally at least as many people in the space between the manager and Al Fayed than there currently are between Jokanovic and Khan.

The point I was making is, they just seemed to get on with it back then. I don't recall ever hearing about anyone other than the manager or owner.

These days there appears to be be a lot of interference from plenty of others, Rigg for example, getting involved in a pre season press conference & struggling to keep his mouth shut!

I have no idea what went on behind closed doors then or now but there seems to be plenty of others getting involved for some reason & not having a positive effect.