Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Talknonsene...Matt Smith to Wolves.
Have they ever got one right?

SP

I'd like to sign Nugent from Boro, he won't be in their squad next season.

FFCAli

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 05, 2016, 07:46:38 PM
Right, the REAL question is... will this thread replace my 'next manager' thread, as the most repiled to thread in FOF history?

LET BATTLE COMMENCE!!!
How many replies did that end up with?  We need to know what we're aiming for!

hovewhite

If madl is fact its great news ,positive beggining!

wheelerdeeler

Expecting links with Anya, Guedioura and Vydra pretty soon. Blackburn seem to be selling, and we need Defenders so Shane Duffy'll be linked as well.

Dream Window would be getting Jonathan Soriano or Nemanja Nikolic to replace Dembele. I've also got a weird feeling that Hangeland's coming back on a Free.

I'd also think we'll be linked with Kevin McDonald again with him being out of favour and out of Contract at Wolves. Based on last seasons recruitment policy we'll be linked with Gudmundsson as well.

bobby01

Quote from: SP on May 07, 2016, 06:29:01 PM
I'd like to sign Nugent from Boro, he won't be in their squad next season.

I have never really rated him but give him his due I thought he was excellent against Brighton yesterday.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

AnEssexFan

From what I saw of Mcdonald when Wolves beat us at the Cottage this season, I'd say that he should be at the top of the list for new players.
@leightonrw07

Bronaldinho

Dan Burn hasn't agreed terms at the club and will be leaving.

Posted his farewell messages on Twitter today, for all those who don't follow it.

Rumours were that Chris David was at the game yesterday and apparently spoke to Jok after the game.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Swiss72

Moussa Dembele was on Telefoot today, one of the main French football tv shows.
He was obviously asked about his future and they showed a list of the clubs that could be interested in Europe and England. All massive clubs to say the least.
He seemed to be more inclined about staying in the Premier League, but was very guarded about any choice he would make. Kept talking about the "project". Would not consider going back to PSG.
Not much to learn here. He won't be back in August, that we all knew it already.

Swiss72

In the meantime Roberts just scored a double against Aberdeen.... 090.gif

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Swiss72 on May 08, 2016, 01:16:07 PM

Good news for us, more he scores and appearances more chance we'll see the extra bonuses in that transfer.

Worth up to £15m in addons.

Lovely stuff.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Mince n Tatties

Scottish Papers Grimmer back to Aberdeen, Hearts
and Bradford also interested.

alexbishop

Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 08, 2016, 01:24:09 PM

Good news for us, more he scores and appearances more chance we'll see the extra bonuses in that transfer.

Lovely stuff.

Unfortunately its goals and appearances for Man City that count, not for Celtic. So we won't be seeing any extra money for a while.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

westcliff white

Quote from: hovewhite on May 07, 2016, 09:26:18 PM
If madl is fact its great news ,positive beggining!
Madl for me, whilst still being better than we had, went of the boil considerably
Every day is a Fulham day

cmg

Quote from: alexbishop on May 08, 2016, 04:17:28 PM

Lovely stuff.

Unfortunately its goals and appearances for Man City that count, not for Celtic. So we won't be seeing any extra money for a while.

Do you know this for sure? You know the wording of the agreement?
Or are you just guessing?

Mince n Tatties

I can't see it not being correct.
What he scores for Celtic has nothing to do
with City I shouldnt think

cmg

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 08, 2016, 09:06:53 PM
I can't see it not being correct.
What he scores for Celtic has nothing to do
with City I shouldnt think

OK, you can't.
I take a different view. I'd say we've missed a trick if loan achievements are not taken into account.
A lump sum may be due (for example) if the player makes x number of first team appearances before he is 21. I'd say we would have been pretty slow if they could get round that by sending him on loan till he was 21.
But I don't know. That's why I asked. Alex stated it categorically.

alexbishop

Quote from: cmg on May 08, 2016, 09:00:49 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on May 08, 2016, 04:17:28 PM

Lovely stuff.

Do you know this for sure? You know the wording of the agreement?
Or are you just guessing?

Not read the agreement and can't say for sure. But just my understanding from what I've read in the past.

Why would Man City wants to pay us more money for his goals and appearances for another team?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Wearethewhites

There's already another Patrick Roberts thread running, so seems a bit odd that you are discussing it in here, this is the silly season transfer thread isn't it? Anyway, under Roberts contract, we'd have got an extra 5M (don't know the exact figure) if he was loaned back to another Championship Club, hence the reason he was always going abroad or to someone like Celtic.

We get diddly squat else regardless if he scores goals for anyone else.

westcliff white

If as xpectEd Dembele goes, I think / hope we would at least take a look at Nicky Ajose of Swindon
Every day is a Fulham day