watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPCL

Would love to see us Callum McManaman, would be the dream signing for me.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: westcliff white on May 08, 2016, 10:09:48 PM
If as xpectEd Dembele goes, I think / hope we would at least take a look at Nicky Ajose of Swindon

Dembele quoted in the French press this weekend that there was a selection of clubs with options. However, he also quoted that he was interested in our 'project'. Might not be the last we see of him.

@jolslover

If as xpectEd Dembele goes, I think / hope we would at least take a look at Nicky Ajose of Swindon

Had a good season this year, but was terrible at Leeds before in the champ. Better options out there. Lots players done it in league 1 but failed in champ (Washington, Garner, Smith)
STH H3

westcliff white

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 08, 2016, 10:14:11 PM

Dembele quoted in the French press this weekend that there was a selection of clubs with options. However, he also quoted that he was interested in our 'project'. Might not be the last we see of him.
I saw that but figures expect the worst and how for the best
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: @jolslover on May 08, 2016, 11:38:27 PM

Had a good season this year, but was terrible at Leeds before in the champ. Better options out there. Lots players done it in league 1 but failed in champ (Washington, Garner, Smith)
That's true Jols however we would need to take someone from a club who finished higher than us and right now can't see who would want to do that, or we look abroad for better value but again who could we attract. It will be an interesting summer seeing who we get in and who leaves, but also a big summer for Joka as he will need to prove himself early next season. We don't have the benefit of getting Udinese players in on loan like Watford did to get up, although I have faith in Joka to improve us next season.

HillFace

I see Nott. Forest in for Kemar Roofe of Oxford United. He had an excellent season, still young at 23 and might be an ideal replacement for Dembele when his 'project' inevitably leads elsewhere. He won the Player of the Year award for League 2 I'm sure, and given our recent signing policy would fit the bill.
The above may be nonsense

grandad

Whoever we sign has to be big, strong & fast. That is the way the game is now going.
Where there's a will there's a wife

One James stannard

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 05, 2016, 07:46:38 PM
Right, the REAL question is... will this thread replace my 'next manager' thread, as the most repiled to thread in FOF history?

LET BATTLE COMMENCE!!!

This is the best post I have read on this forum EVER!!! 

N_O_W_S

Ther
Quote from: cmg on May 08, 2016, 09:28:34 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 08, 2016, 09:06:53 PM
I can't see it not being correct.
What he scores for Celtic has nothing to do
with City I shouldnt think

OK, you can't.
I take a different view. I'd say we've missed a trick if loan achievements are not taken into account.
A lump sum may be due (for example) if the player makes x number of first team appearances before he is 21. I'd say we would have been pretty slow if they could get round that by sending him on loan till he was 21.
But I don't know. That's why I asked. Alex stated it categorically.

Don't you think it would be madness for Man City to commit to extras on add ons for a player that could go out on loan for 3 years and end up costing the club an extra £x amount of money. The sale will state first team appearances and it'll mean to the club we are selling him to.

N_O_W_S

We aren't talking about international appearances though, which if you think about it are fairly limited in number throughout the year.

It's pure speculation from both sides of this argument without seeing terms. Usually it is just parent club appearances. But you could be right. Or I could be right! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

@jolslover

Clint Hill, Alejandro Faurlin, Robert Green, Armand Traore, Yun Suk-Young, Samba Diakite and Oscar Gobern have been released by QPR and Angella and Konchesky have returned to there parent clubs.

I would have Faurlin Traore Yun Angella and Diakite, Think all could do a job as atleast squad players with Joka being a big fan of Angella from his time at Watford.

Meanwhile Ola John, Michael Hector, Lucas Piazon, Andrew Taylor, Matej Vydra and Alex Hernandez have also left Reading, with Robson Kanu being released

I would probably have Vydra Hector Piazon and John out of that list.
STH H3

westcliff white

Rob Green would not be too bad, de3pendinh on what we are doing with the keepers

cmg

Quote from: Ols_S on May 09, 2016, 03:59:20 PM

Don't you think it would be madness for Man City to commit to extras on add ons for a player that could go out on loan for 3 years and end up costing the club an extra £x amount of money. The sale will state first team appearances and it'll mean to the club we are selling him to.

As you so rightly say in a later post - nobody really knows. Except the bloke who stated categorically that we got 'diddly squat' - so I must accept I was wrong.

I would put your, quite reasonable, question the other way round:
Don't you think it would be madness for Fulham to agree to add-ons based on 1st team appearances before a certain age only to see that player play somewhere else until he reaches that age? Roberts will be 20.33 yrs old when he returns from Celtic. He is on loan for MC's benefit.

Nero

Quote from: cmg on May 09, 2016, 06:54:54 PM

As you so rightly say in a later post - nobody really knows. Except the bloke who stated categorically that we got 'diddly squat' - so I must accept I was wrong.

I would put your, quite reasonable, question the other way round:
Don't you think it would be madness for Fulham to agree to add-ons based on 1st team appearances before a certain age only to see that player play somewhere else until he reaches that age? Roberts will be 20.33 yrs old when he returns from Celtic. He is on loan for MC's benefit.

Its got to be Man city 1st team or we could laon him back give him 2 mins each week and pocket millions

fulhamben

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on May 09, 2016, 09:20:01 PM
According to Twitter (the world's most fact filled website), we, amongst a number of clubs are scouting Cyle Larin apparently. 6ft 2in and 21 goals in 35 for Orlando City.

If we're scouting the MLS for talent, then Gyasi Zardes HAS to be top of that list. Kid is going to be a star
stats mean nothing from the mls. bradley wright phillips has won the golden boot twice there.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Rumour of Jesse Joronen signing an extension to his contract.

Now confirmed

Thursday 12 May 2016 16:00

The Club is pleased to confirm that Jesse Joronen's contract with Fulham has been extended until June 2017.

Joronen – who has made four First Team appearances for the Whites – joined Sky Bet League Two side Stevenage on loan last season, and famously opened the scoring in their 2-1 win over Wycombe Wanderers.

A thigh injury in November brought the Finland international's time there to a premature end, but he fought back to full fitness before the campaign was out, and returned to action for Fulham's Under-21 side
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Statto on May 09, 2016, 04:25:54 PM
Ther

OK, you can't.
I take a different view. I'd say we've missed a trick if loan achievements are not taken into account.
A lump sum may be due (for example) if the player makes x number of first team appearances before he is 21. I'd say we would have been pretty slow if they could get round that by sending him on loan till he was 21.

I'm with CMG, no way of knowing without seeing the terms. No reason it should be limited to appearances for the signing club - after all, we know  international appearances often trigger bonuses
I was at an event last year and this subject came up. Most agreements are based on 'first team' appearances no matter if its not for the signed  club...but can exclude loans. So just down to the deal done really.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: MJG on May 12, 2016, 10:34:52 AM
Quote from: Statto on May 09, 2016, 04:25:54 PM
Ther

OK, you can't.

I'm with CMG, no way of knowing without seeing the terms. No reason it should be limited to appearances for the signing club - after all, we know  international appearances often trigger bonuses
I was at an event last year and this subject came up. Most agreements are based on 'first team' appearances no matter if its not for the signed  club...but can exclude loans. So just down to the deal done really.

Interesting. I didn't know that. So it really is on a deal per deal basis. Knowing the stage of development that Pat Roberts was at when we sold him, if we managed to shimmy the clause to include loans it really was a clever piece of business that increases the likelihood of those bonus payments and add ons being triggered significantly.

Friendsoffulham

Report: Fulham flop Kostas Mitroglou to complete £5.5m Benfica move next week

The Greek international has never made an impact at Craven Cottage.

In January 2013 Fulham won the transfer battle to sign Greek international striker Kostas Mitroglou, in an attempt to survive relegation from the Premier League.

He had notched 17 goals in 19 appearances for Olympiakos that season so hope was high at Craven Cottage.

However, Fulham boss Felix Magath was not a fan of the player and Mitroglou played just three times for the club.

The Fulham flop is now out on loan at Benfica and it is reported today that this deal will be made permanent in the coming weeks.

Embed from Getty Images

A Bola in Portugal is reporting today that Benfica will sign the player in the next week for €7 million (£5.5 million).

When Fulham signed the Greek international a little over two years ago he cost them £12 million, according to ESPN, so this represents a loss of around £6.5 million – not including any wages paid to the player.

Mitroglou, who spent last season back on loan at Olympiakos, has impressed with the Portuguese club. He has scored 22 goals in 42 appearances this season, including a run of seven consecutive games.

Regardless, Fulham will be pleased to be rid of one of their worst ever flops.

Did Mitroglou get a fair chance at Fulham?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/13/report-fulham-flop-kostas-mitroglou-to-complete-55m-benfica-move/

cmg

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 13, 2016, 10:15:10 AM
Report: Fulham flop Kostas Mitroglou to complete £5.5m Benfica move next week

As can be seen from this season's clip we won't be missing much...sob...sob :012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgb1vkLu4NI