more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Quote from: grandad on September 01, 2016, 08:39:38 AM
I want to thank Khan, SJ, Kline, Rigg & Mackintosh & all the others behind the scenes for bringing in the players we required. It was a team effort.
Maybe the small few who doubted the Club´s intentions will eat humble pie. Somehow I doubt it as it is in their nature to moan as it makes them look as if they know what they are talking about.

I will save judgement for the end of the season, yes we seemingly have invested well but we all thought we had a great summer the year ream, stearman etc joined.

I think we need to manage expectations in this regard, we are not going to get automatic promotion and the play offs would be amazing, but anywhere in the top 10 would still be a success.
C O Y W

westcliff white

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2016, 08:49:01 AM
I want to thank Khan, SJ, Kline, Rigg & Mackintosh & all the others behind the scenes for bringing in the players we required. It was a team effort.
Maybe the small few who doubted the Club´s intentions will eat humble pie. Somehow I doubt it as it is in their nature to moan as it makes them look as if they know what they are talking about.

I will save judgement for the end of the season, yes we seemingly have invested well but we all thought we had a great summer the year ream, stearman etc joined.

I think we need to manage expectations in this regard, we are not going to get automatic promotion and the play offs would be amazing, but anywhere in the top 10 would still be a success.
why are we not going to get automatic promotion? surely you mean it is unlikely we will get automatic promotion, its the same for every team in the division as far as i can see, no one can say definitively either way for any team.
Every day is a Fulham day

Keynsham

And herein lies the problem.

Personally, I think this has been a fantastic window and I think we can look forward to a much improved season over the last couple.  This does not mean we are about to clock up over a hundred points again and waltz back into the Premier League however, and some people need to hold on to that thought before getting too carried away just yet.

Chutney

Quote from: westcliff white on September 01, 2016, 09:03:19 AM

why are we not going to get automatic promotion? surely you mean it is unlikely we will get automatic promotion, its the same for every team in the division as far as i can see, no one can say definitively either way for any team.

There are 4 or 5 teams way better than us on paper, I'd just like us to bare in mind how the last two seasons have gone and appreciate that we have made progress. Managing expectations is key.

Top 10 should be the expectation, top 6 a bonus.
C O Y W

Asotosyios

Quote from: Asotosyios on August 04, 2016, 01:02:51 AM
Not an actual rumour, but I was going through Chelsea's huge squad and thought Piazon could be useful as a squad player for both wings. Any takers?

I don't want to beat my own drum, but I had called the Piazon loan even before Jokanovic and Kline started thinking about him!!   fp.gif

Chutney

Quote from: Keynsham on September 01, 2016, 09:07:19 AM

Personally, I think this has been a fantastic window and I think we can look forward to a much improved season over the last couple.  This does not mean we are about to clock up over a hundred points again and waltz back into the Premier League however, and some people need to hold on to that thought before getting too carried away just yet.

This, exactly this. My post wasn't meant to be negative, but more point out the progress we have made, the very thought of top 10 was ridiculous over the last few seasons and now I'd consider it achievable.

What we need to avoid is a backlash against the players and staff if we drop out of the promotion places, because chances are we will but that doesn't mean we haven't progressed.

C O Y W

MJG

Squad I think it's capably of competing in the top eight.
If we can be 8th or better on 1st Jan then we will be in a good position to strengthen in that window and give it a real push. Anything better than 8th we will be doing very well.

toshes mate

Quote from: Chutney on September 01, 2016, 09:20:01 AM
Quote from: Keynsham on September 01, 2016, 09:07:19 AM

This, exactly this. My post wasn't meant to be negative, but more point out the progress we have made, the very thought of top 10 was ridiculous over the last few seasons and now I'd consider it achievable.

What we need to avoid is a backlash against the players and staff if we drop out of the promotion places, because chances are we will but that doesn't mean we haven't progressed.

Football is never measured by the potential of a team and so why do people keep predicting as if it is.  Unlikely teams often do well, and it is the key to how you measure football.  Fulham are second and the object is to keep it there or better it.  We will suffer poorer periods, that is inevitable, but that doesn't mean you go into a corner and sulk.  As SJ said last season, so many times, he needs a team that will fight.  Pretty soon we'll see just how well honed he has got them into a fighting unit.  History is history and you only remember it if you are not living in the here and now.

filham

This thread is surely coming to an end quite soon now and it is worth saying that this looks like probably being our best ever window. Sure we lost McCormack but retained Cairney and Sessegnon who were possible targets for other clubs.
We have almost a team of new players most of whom have already shown that they can perform as a team and yesterday we signed the missing link, a target man/striker. It really could not have been much better and the possibility of being in the top six at Christmas seems more than just a wild dream.

fulhamfan

I am hopeful but we will have to wait and see how all these players gel. might be great. might be a disaster.

Bassey the warrior

I'm cautiously optimistic, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. We don't know how many goals our offensive players will score, as none bar Martin have been proven prolific at this level and he may be unfit from what I've heard. We didn't plug the defensive midfield gap either (Diego Poyet on a free anyone?).

I'm going to temper my expectations and just enjoy us playing some decent football for the first time since Hughes.

Twig

So you see a more sceptical viewpoint as moaning and I regard your view as sycophantic brown nosing. Ah well each to his own.

bill taylors apprentice

What rubbish !
I'm not sure what you try to achieve by your posts, they are often pulled to pieces and shown up to be ridiculous.
You never follow up and debate, reasoned or otherwise so I have to assume you are WUM.
Its the nature of this kind of media that everyone has a say but I have to say you have some odd ideas.
Care to change your usual habit and expand your thoughts in your defence?
No, hang on, probably not a good idea!

grandad

I do not have to defend my comments to anyone. I post as I see fit about any topic . I have my views others have theirs. God gave me 2 ears, 2 eyes & 1 mouth & I use them in the same proportions.
COYW

049:gif  092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobby01

Just wondering how much Flamini has in him, on a free could be a decent signing.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Jamie88

Quote from: grandad on September 01, 2016, 06:03:22 PM
I do not have to defend my comments to anyone. I post as I see fit about any topic . I have my views others have theirs. God gave me 2 ears, 2 eyes & 1 mouth & I use them in the same proportions.
COYW

049:gif  092.gif

Stop being obnoxious and smug. You made, as Wooly said, a pretty cringeworthy post that was also condescending to everyone else who has an opinion that differs to yours!

NogoodBoyo

To get away from Grandad bashing for a sec, I am pleased with the window (nice view and all) but then, as many have said, that last summer window looked pretty Windolened too.
My concern is this: Within the opaque management structure at Fulham, Jokanovic has proved himself to be a shrewd player in getting non-performers out, getting strong new performers in and, still rather early to tell, getting his squad to play in a pleasing, hard to beat style.  Most importantly he has surpassed expectations in terms of results and position in the table.
What he hasn't proved is that he can stay the course, a criticism I levelled at Hodgson too.  In his career he seems to get easily bored, frustrated and perhaps difficult to manage.  Then he leaves.
This is now our most interesting and important challenge.
Nogood "he could be great if he sticks with it, isit" Boyo

BedsFFC

love4ffc

I would ask fellow members not to call other members names like WUM.   063.gif

I doubt there has been or ever will be a transfer window in which every fan is made happy with their clubs business conducted during the period.  Like many I will wait and hold judgment of the new players and essentially what is a new team.  Yes we have had a brilliant start to the season and our new signing look to be getting the business done but, this is Fulham after all so I see no reason to go completely over the moon just yet.  Only time will tell.

With that said I would have to agree with Grandad that there has been some really good business done by the club during this summer window.  It is unclear to me who exactly we have to thank at the club for our new signings and loanies.  I would like to think it was a team effort although we don't really know now do we? 

For now I am truely excited to see what Joka and this team can do.  Here is too what looks so far to being a successful season  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2016, 09:07:53 PM
To return to Grandad bashing for a sec. I reckon he is one of Klines PR men, and is on a mission as part of their propaganda machine. Whose object is to spread ill informed propaganda to enhance their status and help them succeed in becoming the Great & the Good at Craven Cottage, and to brain wash us all into being commanded by " Stats ", and Grandad has been sent ahead to clear the way for the main task force. However, we have rumbled him, and exposed his true identity. Grandad obviously thought that behaving like a simpleton, and making odd suggestions and outrageous comments would allow him to sneak under our radar undetected. He hoped by talking cobblers he could orchestrate his cunning plan, without coming under suspicion. But he underestimated our Inteligence Unit, and he has been rumbled.
Obviously this will now be passed on to our Investigations team, to deliberate and debate and decide his fate, and with such overwhelming evidence, there can only be one decision. It's just a matter of deciding how heavy a forfeit he will be instructed to carry out I would imagine. As we can't let him get away without applying the full force of the rules, in the name of Justice and Honour.

Here we go Woolly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KJGJRd8pGE

Nogood "WUMMING along to 'Grandad' when e's been Dunn to deaf, isit" Boyo