Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NJFulham

Quote from: Nero on May 25, 2016, 01:35:16 PM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on May 25, 2016, 11:12:43 AM
Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 24, 2016, 10:01:48 PM
MLS saying that Matt Miazga will be going out on loan from Chelsea next season. Wants to stay in London, Fulham, Brentford and QPR have all made enquiries (apparently)

Be interesting to see if we did get him.

He's highly rated but still not featured enough for Chelsea, but did get a decent review when he played against Villa.

Think anyone would have looked good playing against Villa last Season

He's probably a Championship-level defender, anyway.

cmg

Recent interview with Hyndman in the USA.

http://blogs.gotsoccer.com/?p=17436

(from Robert Woods' webpage)

Relevent excerpt:

"I'm looking at everything," Hyndman said. "I'm taking everything into account, including Fulham, so I'm looking at other things as well."

Since his move to England as a teenager, Hyndman has been a regular on the transfer rumor mill, and with that expiring contract, speculation has intensified around the Dallas native. Manchester United has been prominently mentioned for some time, and recently Celtic, Borussia Dortmund, and AC Milan have been mooted.

Not surprisingly, Hyndman wouldn't offer specifics, "like I said, I'm looking around. I'm looking at England, I'm looking at different places in Europe, I'm just looking around."

@jolslover

Alan Nixon just confirmed Fulham have put a bid of 1.5mill in for Blackburns Grant Hanley. Says that Blackburn dont want to sell, But player may want out.
STH H3

DevonFFC

Happy with that

Quote from: @jolslover on May 25, 2016, 02:22:35 PM
Alan Nixon just confirmed Fulham have put a bid of 1.5mill in for Blackburns Grant Hanley. Says that Blackburn dont want to sell, But player may want out.

mkras99

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-norwich-newcastle-target-11383597

Reports claim a £12 million release clause in McCormack's contract. But that was when he signed in 2011 from Leeds for up to £11m. He re-wrote the deal in January when he agreed to stay with the Whites until his near retirement in 2020.

GetWestLondon understands the release is even higher.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: mkras99 on May 25, 2016, 02:56:46 PM
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-norwich-newcastle-target-11383597

Reports claim a £12 million release clause in McCormack's contract. But that was when he signed in 2011 from Leeds for up to £11m. He re-wrote the deal in January when he agreed to stay with the Whites until his near retirement in 2020.

GetWestLondon understands the release is even higher.

Potentially a good thing then. I think any team would be mad to spend £12m + on a player over 30, even if he is proven at Championship level.

westcliff white

Quote from: NJFulham on May 25, 2016, 01:41:53 PM
MLS saying that Matt Miazga will be going out on loan from Chelsea next season. Wants to stay in London, Fulham, Brentford and QPR have all made enquiries (apparently)

He's highly rated but still not featured enough for Chelsea, but did get a decent review when he played against Villa.

Is he? have you seen him play? have to admit I haven't as don't watch much MLS.

Any update if you have seen him play would be appreciated
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Who is Alan Nixon?

snarks

Quote from: westcliff white on May 25, 2016, 07:02:36 PM
Who is Alan Nixon?

Sports journo with the sun?

Asotosyios

Stekelenburg may have a future at Southampton

MAARTEN Stekelenburg may still have a future at Saints with Fulham keen to offload the Dutch goalkeeper and Ronald Koeman needing an experienced back-up. The 33-year-old was brought in on a season-long loan from the Championship club by Koeman last summer as cover for the injured Fraser Forster. However, the former Netherlands international stopper could find himself a wanted man at St Mary's once more.

Now Kelvin Davis has now hung up his gloves it leaves only Paulo Gazzaniga as an inexperienced replacement between the sticks. That could well pave the way for Stekelenburg to return to St Mary's as back-up to Forster – potentially on another loan deal. The ex-Ajax man, who was given his professional debut by Koeman while at the Amsterdam giants, provided cover until Forster's return in January from a long-term knee injury. He hasn't appeared since, although played in Davis' testimonial two days after the end of the Premier League season.

Stekelenburg had a torrid spell at Craven Cottage, but still has a year left to run on his contract with the Championship club, who he signed with in 2013. It is thought that Fulham, who consider the goalkeeper an expensive misfit, are not interested in a return for Stekelenburg.

Certainly, with only Gazzaniga left behind Forster, Stekelenburg would offer Koeman a strong alternative as Saints head into a jam-packed season, which includes a Europa League group stage campaign. Stekelenburg's playing time at Fulham was limited, having been dropped the bench as they were relegated from the Premier League. He was then left out the squad all together as he made it clear he didn't want to play in the Championship. He was soon shipped out on loan to Monaco on a temporary deal.
After that Koeman offered him the chance to prove himself in England as cover for Forster while he recovered from a ruptured patellar tendon. In all, he made 25 appearances for Saints last season, with his last coming in the FA Cup 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup.

He has previously admitted that he is open to ideas regarding staying on at Saints. "I'm open for anything. It doesn't only depend on me. It depends on the club as well," he said earlier this season. "I had some bad luck as well in the last couple of years with coaches who got fired and new ones came in. "The new ones came in and we weren't the closest. "That happens in football and I'm happy for the chance they gave me because I know Ronald (Koeman) from the start of my career. "I'm just happy for the chance he gave me and I know why they brought me on board because Fraser was injured."

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/14513373.Stekelenburg_may_have_a_future_at_Southampton/?ref=rss#comments-anchor

WolverineFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on May 25, 2016, 07:01:47 PM

He was generally regarded as one of the best defenders in MLS last season at age 20. Tall, good in the air. Could use some strength, so not completely sure how he would hold up in the Championship. Good passer, seems to have good instincts on jumping in to break up attacks in midfield. He reminds me of the Yedlin purchase to be honest. Good buy for money, but not up to the quality of the upper echelon of the Premier League. With a year or two of learning could be at premiership level for sure.

The club should be aiming higher than on loan CB's if their intent is to build toward the premiership though.

Fulhamerica23

Miazga on loan would be an upgrade from Ream. Think he's you can get on loan and can keep. He doesn't have a future at Chelsea.

MikeW

See that the Daily Mail reckons Benitez is after Ross. Would probably be quite an attractive move for him in truth.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

westcliff white

Been around a while that rumour, along with Villa and Norwich being interested.

Bronaldinho

Interesting that the Blackburn fans I've spoken to have said that Hanley is probably worth around 2-3m, but he is nicknamed Captain Calamity by some fans. 

Apparently very passionate and committed but not the best footballer. 

Sounds like Scottish Sender's haha!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

valdeingruo

Quote from: WolverineFFC on May 25, 2016, 11:49:04 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on May 25, 2016, 07:01:47 PM

He was generally regarded as one of the best defenders in MLS last season at age 20. Tall, good in the air. Could use some strength, so not completely sure how he would hold up in the Championship. Good passer, seems to have good instincts on jumping in to break up attacks in midfield. He reminds me of the Yedlin purchase to be honest. Good buy for money, but not up to the quality of the upper echelon of the Premier League. With a year or two of learning could be at premiership level for sure.

The club should be aiming higher than on loan CB's if their intent is to build toward the premiership though.

This and you pretty much described Ream in relation to Miazga. Both highly regarded coming from New York.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Friendsoffulham

Colm Mcnabola
3 hrs · London
Craig Forsyth from Derby is coming to Fulham.
Very good source... Very good.
Left back, just what's needed as well

Friendsoffulham

Former Chelsea youngster and Sheffield Wednesday trialist Nortei Nortey is attracting attention from Rotherham United, Fulham and Burton Albion.

Welling United youngster Nortei Nortey is attracting interest from Championship and League One clubs, HITC Sport understands.

EricB

I don't doubt your source FOF, but has Craig Forsythia played since doing his crucial element ligament in November?  Unusual for a player to move clubs so soon after such a major injury

Zendra

Be great if we could get him. Very popular now with the Rovers fans after a shaky start to his career there.