watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_corkcity12

It's very quiet. Club should finally announce the officially released players this week.

alexmur

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2016, 04:59:46 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 05, 2016, 01:25:36 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 05, 2016, 12:38:26 AM
I noted with amusement that the thread started by saying that after Jok had steared us away from the relegation threat.
There is me thinking, hang about, I thought he had steared us even closer than we were before he arrived.

Can we have this one thread without posters moaning about the state of the club or having a go at the manager please. There are are dozens of threads on those subjects for those who still feel the need to vent their anger.

No I am afraid you cannot, I have turned down your application, if you cannot take the rough with the smooth, as the Sandpaper said to the Emery Cloth, then you need to find someone to stroke your head until you calm down.
As for finding another site to vent my anger, I tried the Samaritons, and guess what they recommend I stay on here.
Peace and Goodwill to all Fulham supporters including you, as there ain't that many of us around that you can afford to dig me out on a whim, gates are falling and we are an endangered species.
Plus how boring it would be if we all agreed all of the time.
Thank you and Good Night

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 06, 2016, 04:59:46 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on May 05, 2016, 01:25:36 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 05, 2016, 12:38:26 AM
I noted with amusement that the thread started by saying that after Jok had steared us away from the relegation threat.
There is me thinking, hang about, I thought he had steared us even closer than we were before he arrived.

Can we have this one thread without posters moaning about the state of the club or having a go at the manager please. There are are dozens of threads on those subjects for those who still feel the need to vent their anger.

No I am afraid you cannot, I have turned down your application, if you cannot take the rough with the smooth, as the Sandpaper said to the Emery Cloth, then you need to find someone to stroke your head until you calm down.
As for finding another site to vent my anger, I tried the Samaritons, and guess what they recommend I stay on here.
Peace and Goodwill to all Fulham supporters including you, as there ain't that many of us around that you can afford to dig me out on a whim, gates are falling and we are an endangered species.
Plus how boring it would be if we all agreed all of the time.
Thank you and Good Night

snarks

Quote from: fulhamben on June 06, 2016, 01:30:42 PM
Quote from: Asotosyios on June 06, 2016, 11:46:45 AM
I just saw on Sky Sports transfer centre that Rickie Lambert would be open to a loan if he is not on the first team plans for West Brom.
I haven't seen him linked with us, but think he would work great with Ross here.
severe lack of pace if we do though

Not an issue with lambert, he's like sheringham, his ability gets him into positions, saw him a lot at southampton and his pace was never an issue. I'd only take him if Ross goes though as they are similar around the box

colinwhite

Its all getting very frustrating ,lets hope they are working on a few imminent signings to chear us all up ! Chins up everyone !

AnEssexFan

Looking at Callum Robinson's goals to games ratio, I'd be surprised if we're seriously looking at signing him. Also, if he's that promising a youngster, why are Villa willing to let him go rather than look to use him next season in the championship?

As for Lambert, if Ross is sold then this would be a good signing. But I wouldn't want them both as we lacked pace last year.
@leightonrw07

westcliff white

Dont think we lacked pace through the middle with Dembele, but out wide we certainly lacked pace.

Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on June 07, 2016, 07:44:43 AM
Dont think we lacked pace through the middle with Dembele, but out wide we certainly lacked pace.

Its absolutely key for me this coming season that the players we sign have some kind of pace about them. Especially to replace Dembele. I've seen people talk about more big Number 9's to go noext to Ross, but that will just slow us down even more.

Agree with width and pace. I'm hopeful that Williams will get a run, but think we need another two to come in at least who are proper wide men. Yes I know width comes from our full backs, but they should concentrate on defending first.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on June 07, 2016, 08:20:55 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 07, 2016, 07:44:43 AM

Its absolutely key for me this coming season that the players we sign have some kind of pace about them. Especially to replace Dembele. I've seen people talk about more big Number 9's to go noext to Ross, but that will just slow us down even more.

Agree with width and pace. I'm hopeful that Williams will get a run, but think we need another two to come in at least who are proper wide men. Yes I know width comes from our full backs, but they should concentrate on defending first.
100% agree MJG. We need two pacey wide players at least and if Dembele goes we need to replace that through the middle.

Tonywa

Same old stuff every year.  First week of June and no signings announced. Panic, everything going wrong, manager doesn't know what he's doing, we're bound to be relegated. Players contracts run up to 30th June so strictly speaking we can't do much yet even if we wanted to, plus things are complicated by the Euro Championships. Everything so far is likely to be newspaper speculation. I'm certainly not going to start worrying yet.

Mince n Tatties

Talksport.....Fulham,Celtic and Norwich interested in Sheff Weds Tom Lees.

Brian McGod

Only seen it mentioned on Twitter with no substantial source but apparently we're one of the clubs chasing Tom Bradshaw from Walsall.

Asotosyios

snarks

Whilst I like this thread it's also the most disheartening to read. Every time the club are linked with a good player only to get my hopes dashed. Then when the club gets the blame for not stumping up the inflated fee, it gets worse. I'd rather no rumours but just confirmed signings

westcliff white

Quote from: TWFL on June 07, 2016, 12:32:32 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on June 07, 2016, 12:29:57 PM
http://www.teamtalk.com/news/championship-trio-tracking-derby-defender

Would love Forsyth but do not seeing him leaving Derby.
he would be a risk been injured all last season with a cruiciate ligament injury, also derby fan at work said he is great going forward but equally as scary defending at times.

Think someone else posted this story earlier on the thread and I said the same thing.

JimmyConway

Suning Commerce Group China now own 70% of Inter normally I wouldn't worry with a story like this but where Fulham are concerned you can never be sure? considering there was a link with him to us along with W.B.A. with London being his favoured destination. Might have been speculation then but would Khan accept a bid? considering how his three years in charge have gone I would of thought it's crossed his mind from time to time.
I hope I'm just making 1+1 = 3 but this is Fulham and we have history of being a pawn?

Lighthouse

Quote from: snarks on June 07, 2016, 12:56:52 PM
Whilst I like this thread it's also the most disheartening to read. Every time the club are linked with a good player only to get my hopes dashed. Then when the club gets the blame for not stumping up the inflated fee, it gets worse. I'd rather no rumours but just confirmed signings

The problem is that rumours are the life blood of press and all MBs. The thing is that we just have to remember  to believe nothing until it is either official or has a concrete base. Most of these rumours have very little foundation and I tend to ignore. But every so often something happens that we can trace back to a rumour that began on here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope