https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyb

Joey obrian been released by West Ham, only 30 quality player

@jolslover

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/677815/Exclusive-Fulham-Celtic-Stefan-Johansen-Transfer-News-SPL-Championship-News?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mpulsefootball

Says we bid 2mill for Celtic Johansen. Also says "Owner Shahid Khan has pledged to throw big money at Fulham's bid to get back to the Premier League after struggling last season in the bottom half of the Championship – and has told Jokanovic to aim high with his summer transfer targets"

Article also suggests were going after international talent.
STH H3

westcliff white

Quote from: @jolslover on June 07, 2016, 11:19:37 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/677815/Exclusive-Fulham-Celtic-Stefan-Johansen-Transfer-News-SPL-Championship-News?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mpulsefootball

Says we bid 2mill for Celtic Johansen. Also says "Owner Shahid Khan has pledged to throw big money at Fulham's bid to get back to the Premier League after struggling last season in the bottom half of the Championship – and has told Jokanovic to aim high with his summer transfer targets"

Dont want to seem like I am nit picking but I didnt read it as saying we had bid 2 million, i read it as saying SJ knows a bid of 2 million may convince Celtic to sell. And does say SK has told SJ to aim high wit his signings, but does that necessarily mean international targets (I assume by international you mean as in plays for the country)?

Either way if true its a step in the right direction, looking for good quality and bringing that quality in is what we need
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on June 08, 2016, 07:35:23 AM

I didnt read it as saying we had bid 2 million, i read it as saying SJ knows a bid of 2 million may convince Celtic to sell

So if we go in with 1.5 the press will have shown Celtic our hand.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

Quote from: Holders on June 08, 2016, 07:37:32 AM

I didnt read it as saying we had bid 2 million, i read it as saying SJ knows a bid of 2 million may convince Celtic to sell

Which is why I like that we keep everything quiet about who we are after etc, the press love to having a bidding war on players
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on June 08, 2016, 07:38:58 AM
Quote from: Holders on June 08, 2016, 07:37:32 AM

Which is why I like that we keep everything quiet about who we are after etc, the press love to having a bidding war on players

I really think that we keep our real targets close to our chests, many of them seem to come from left field and surprise us. It's better that way but if someone else opens up about it - the selling club, for example, there's not much we can do about it. Unless £2m is attitude structuring, of course, and he's worth more! It's a bit like poker or haggling for something at a car boot.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Hoppus

As a Norwegian I know Stefan Johansen well. He is really professional and a leader on and off the field (captain on the Norwegian national team). As a player he read the game really well and also plays a physical type of football. I am not too impressed by the level in Scottish football, but I guess he will be a great signing if we get him. Fingers crossed.

@jolslover

Quote from: Hoppus on June 08, 2016, 08:30:56 AM

As a Norwegian I know Stefan Johansen well. He is really professional and a leader on and off the field (captain on the Norwegian national team). As a player he read the game really well and also plays a physical type of football. I am not too impressed by the level in Scottish football, but I guess he will be a great signing if we get him. Fingers crossed.

Agree, my mates who are Celtic fans speak very highly of him. Would be happy
STH H3

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: @jolslover on June 08, 2016, 10:16:54 AM

He sounds just what we need, a leader in the heart of the defence, but why, as stated in the initial press release, are the Celtic boo boys on his back?

Legate21

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 08, 2016, 10:26:11 AM

Says we bid 2mill for Celtic Johansen. Also says "Owner Shahid Khan has pledged to throw big money at Fulham’s bid to get back to the Premier League after struggling last season in the bottom half of the Championship – and has told Jokanovic to aim high with his summer transfer targets"

He sounds just what we need, a leader in the heart of the defence, but why, as stated in the initial press release, are the Celtic boo boys on his back?

Fella I work with is a Celtic fan, and he said he would drive him down to us himself... He doesn't even know how to drive.

Bracken White

Always love a Norwegian - ETG legendary status at FFC!
Sounds encouraging - together with the comments reported by Shahid Khad. Don't agree with those who claim him to be an asset stripper - but would suggest he has learnt an awful lot over the past few years!
A few more like this and we can start to anticipate next season with some optimism.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Bracken White

Hoppus

I guess because he is Norwegian (manager Ronny Deila was quite unpopular when they did not succeed in CL).
Stefan Johansen is not Luka Modric, but he is hard working and distributes the ball very well. He is quite young and can still develop. He is eager to prove himself in England and is tough enough to handle the pressure. 

@jolslover

Quote from: Legate21 on June 08, 2016, 10:51:15 AM

Says we bid 2mill for Celtic Johansen. Also says "Owner Shahid Khan has pledged to throw big money at Fulham’s bid to get back to the Premier League after struggling last season in the bottom half of the Championship – and has told Jokanovic to aim high with his summer transfer targets"

Fella I work with is a Celtic fan, and he said he would drive him down to us himself... He doesn't even know how to drive.

ahahha, to be fair my mates said he had been a bit shi* this season, but they said he was still a good player and enjoyed watching him.
STH H3

MJG

Quote from: @jolslover on June 08, 2016, 11:26:02 AM

ahahha, to be fair my mates said he had been a bit shi* this season, but they said he was still a good player and enjoyed watching him.
Maybe one of us could drive North with Richards and a Celtic fan drive south with  Johansen and do a trade at a service station or something like that?

twang

We'd definitely have the best playmaking midfield with Johansen and Cairney in the team. Can see it work out well in a three man midfield with a strong ball winner (which we don't have) behind them. Johansen dropping deap and dictating play while Cairney stays further up.

snarks

Quote from: MJG on June 08, 2016, 11:32:52 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/677815/Exclusive-Fulham-Celticu-Stefan-Johansen-Transfer-News-SPL-Championship-News?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mpulsefootball

Maybe one of us could drive North with Richards and a Celtic fan drive south with  Johansen and do a trade at a service station or something like that?

Interesting that in the BBC review of the Wales squad they have Richards as their unsung hero. They also have Williams as their young talent. I do think Richards has become a scapegoat, but some of his performances have not been good enough, still that's a different thread and should not be discussed here.

valdeingruo

Quote from: snarks on June 08, 2016, 12:07:19 PM
Quote from: MJG on June 08, 2016, 11:32:52 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/677815/Exclusive-Fulham-Celticu-Stefan-Johansen-Transfer-News-SPL-Championship-News?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=mpulsefootball

Interesting that in the BBC review of the Wales squad they have Richards as their unsung hero. They also have Williams as their young talent. I do think Richards has become a scapegoat, but some of his performances have not been good enough, still that's a different thread and should not be discussed here.

Its all about playing as a team and buying into a system. We wouldn't have gotten so far in Europe and the current Champions of the Premier league would not be such if that was not the case. If the player doesn't buy into it or the system isn't suited for them, then it doesn't work out. We have seen countless players have amazing seasons and earn a big move and it doesn't work out for them. The same could be said of Richards, he seems to work well for the Welsh system and not ours, he was a good system player at Swansea as well.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Bracken White

Below is an extract from HITC Sport - which probably doesn't mean to be a disrespectful as it sounds.
Can Jokanovic be the type of  Manager who can re-install confidence in players; motivate them?

Fulham are tracking fallen Celtic hero Stefan Johansen, according to The Express.

The 25-year-old playmaker endured a miserable 2015-16 campaign with the Hoops, netting twice and setting up four goals from 36 appearances in all competitions.

This came after the Norwegian ace won Scotland's PFA Player of the Year for the following season - a staggering decline all things considered.