watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Maybe we are keeping stek? I can't see us ting with two young keepers, although having sad that I would take Daniel Bentley from Southend
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on June 08, 2016, 04:40:41 PM
Maybe we are keeping stek? I can't see us ting with two young keepers, although having sad that I would take Daniel Bentley from Southend

On football manager I took Southend to the Champs league somehow! Mind you it did take 10 seasons or so and this keeper was sh1t hot.  He ended up at Arsenal for 10 mill which was his release clause unfortunately in the championship. We went up regardless luckily but on the game I valued him to have potential of nearly double that.

You can't go by computers but I can see why you suggested it especially with your knowledge/ connection to Southend.

I think I'd prefer a safe proven option though if we are to make Betts number two.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Friendsoffulham

CONFIRMED: Andrew Lonergan has joined @OfficialWolves on a permanent deal > ow.ly/MZtT3012WTz

love4ffc

I liked Lonergan and wish him well at Wolves.  I'm going to trust Joka knows what he is doing and what players we have that can step in.  With luck we won't have to bring anyone in though I'm not so sure that is the case.  As said defense starts between the sticks. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

westcliff white

I've seen him play Danny, Southend my local team, the boy is very good

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on June 08, 2016, 06:43:18 PM
I've seen him play Danny, Southend my local team, the boy is very good

I can believe it. Would you say he's better than Betts?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

westcliff white

He isn't below Betts standard that's for sure, is he better, tough to say without seeing him play in the champ but I will say again he isn't below the standard Betts is at, that's just my opinion though.

He is a modern built keeper in that he is slim and agile, he talks a lot to his back four, but like al modern keepers doesn't come for crosses as often as they should in my opinion.

dannyboi-ffc

I don't think we really need a young keeper who isn't below Betts level but is also unproven at a level to guarenteed being an improvement either. I think Betts has potential but isn't good enough or ready to be the number 1 commanding keeper we need to reach the next level.

We need someone more established I think. But if we lose Betts or had we not already had him I'd have no issues with Bentley because I do agree (football manager based lol) that he will go on to bigger things than Southend.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Friendsoffulham

Wolves have reportedly made a £750,000 bid for Fulham forward, Matt Smith. #FFC #FulhamFC #WWFC

westcliff white

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on June 09, 2016, 10:46:51 AM
Wolves have reportedly made a £750,000 bid for Fulham forward, Matt Smith. #FFC #FulhamFC #WWFC
Sell

westcliff white

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 08, 2016, 10:47:11 PM
I don't think we really need a young keeper who isn't below Betts level but is also unproven at a level to guarenteed being an improvement either. I think Betts has potential but isn't good enough or ready to be the number 1 commanding keeper we need to reach the next level.

We need someone more established I think. But if we lose Betts or had we not already had him I'd have no issues with Bentley because I do agree (football manager based lol) that he will go on to bigger things than Southend.
I get that Danny, we need to improve. As I say without seeing him in the champ it is hard to say, however I dont think we owuld be worse off it that makes sense.

I do know that Everton and Rnagers have taken a look at him.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: westcliff white on June 09, 2016, 11:03:53 AM
Sell

Disagree. Who are we gonna get who is better for 750k? Smith has been under used and never had a chance. He's certainly good enough at this level as proved at Leeds. With Dembele going and Ross being "will he/won't he stay" until the deadline I don't think we should let him go.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

westcliff white

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 09, 2016, 11:24:48 AM
Sell

Disagree. Who are we gonna get who is better for 750k? Smith has been under used and never had a chance. He's certainly good enough at this level as proved at Leeds. With Dembele going and Ross being "will he/won't he stay" until the deadline I don't think we should let him go.
If Dembele goes we need to replace the pace up front, if Ross goes then we need to replace him with the same quality. We have Cauley there as well, so would not overly bother me if Smith went. I have nothing against him, but for me he isnt a starter and is therefore a plan B to bring on in games that are either tight and we need ot change it up or change the style or in games that are physical and he can use that side of his game, other than that. I would rather give Cauley a chance if either Ross or Dembele were injured (if they stay of course).

He had one half decent season at Leeds (12 league goals and 13 in total i think it was), thats not enough to push you up the table sadly. That seaosn I refer also accounts for around a third of his carear goals to date.

Edit *** Apologies to the OP , the posters on this thread and the whole board in general, will keep the thread to the topic and not debate the merits of Matt Smith, apologies again WW ***

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: westcliff white on June 09, 2016, 11:32:56 AM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 09, 2016, 11:24:48 AM
Sell

If Dembele goes we need to replace the pace up front, if Ross goes then we need to replace him with the same quality. We have Cauley there as well, so would not overly bother me if Smith went. I have nothing against him, but for me he isnt a starter and is therefore a plan B to bring on in games that are either tight and we need ot change it up or change the style or in games that are physical and he can use that side of his game, other than that. I would rather give Cauley a chance if either Ross or Dembele were injured (if they stay of course).

He had one half decent season at Leeds (12 league goals and 13 in total i think it was), thats not enough to push you up the table sadly. That seaosn I refer also accounts for around a third of his carear goals to date.

I think it's been difficult for him this season as he only ever came on with either 15 mins left or when we were already 2-3 goals down. Like you say though, he is a different option an I've not really seen any defender in this league know exactly how to deal with him.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

@jolslover

Accept please. Luckily Jokanovic decides the team not some people on this forum or I would spend my hard earned money watching 90 minutes off hoof ball. We bought him for 450k, so tidy 300k profit. Good business all round.

I like Smith as a person seems a good bloke, would be better for both parties if he goes to a club whos style suits him more as he just doesn't fit with the possession based game Jokanovic plays.
STH H3

Bracken White

Don't sell from me - even for the extra £50,000 we are reported to be holding out for. This guy is a good target man, something we haven't got & is also a natural goal scorer. Fear he will go, however.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Bracken White on June 09, 2016, 12:01:04 PM
Don't sell from me - even for the extra £50,000 we are reported to be holding out for. This guy is a good target man, something we haven't got & is also a natural goal scorer. Fear he will go, however.

Might start bidding war,apparently Ipswich after him as well,according to my
friends here in Suffolk..

westcliff white

Quote from: Bracken White on June 09, 2016, 12:01:04 PM
A natural goal scorer? I will give you he is a good target man.

AnEssexFan

Don't sell. He's a rare type of player in this day and age. He was going to be an important player for us until his injury gave Dembele a chance. Defenders can't handle him if used correctly, and he's not a goalscorer, he's a target man/battering ram/chance maker - and he's bloody good at it. If he goes to wolves, our current defenders will have a problem when up against him.
@leightonrw07

westcliff white

our current keepers have a problem with him injuring them lol, thats a joke not having a go before anyone gets oiky about it