more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkras99

Joshua Smith ‏@SmithJournalist  39m39 minutes ago
Bournemouth, qpr, Bristol city, Celtic & Fulham chasing Liam cooper. #LUFC #BCFC #QPRFC #CFC #FFC #BFC

alexmur

Quote from: @jolslover on June 08, 2016, 03:36:07 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 08, 2016, 03:34:05 PM
Anyone else thinking Slav wasn't impressed with either keeper and Betts will drop to number 2 with an older experienced keeper coming in as number 1?

I think Betts will one day be great but just not yet. For me defending begins with the keeper who communicates well with his CB's and if we had someone like Davis from Southampton or Rob Green I can't help feeling we'd be in better shape.

Agree with this.
I agree with your agreement

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nero

Quote from: AnEssexFan on June 09, 2016, 02:55:37 PM
Don't sell. He's a rare type of player in this day and age. He was going to be an important player for us until his injury gave Dembele a chance. Defenders can't handle him if used correctly, and he's not a goalscorer, he's a target man/battering ram/chance maker - and he's bloody good at it. If he goes to wolves, our current defenders will have a problem when up against him.

our current back 4 would have a problem facing a diidy man

JPCL

Have we been linked with any pacy wingers yet? WE NEED PACE

colinwhite

For me Smith is nt a `target man `. Zamora was a target man that could link up the play ,had an excellent first touch and the strength to hold of players as well as the skill to play other players into the game. He was our out ball when we needed a breather to hold the ball up and relieve pressure on our defense. Smith is just a big guy thet we lump the ball up to in desperation as a plan B. I think Joka ill sell him .

colinwhite

Cant disagree Statto but ,if Smith plays it means that what we are trying to do isnt functioning properly ,so the less he plays the more Jokanovics tactics are probably working. Seems a bit unfair to keep him onthat basis .

ffc73

Quote from: colinwhite on June 09, 2016, 07:30:59 PM
For me Smith is nt a `target man `. Zamora was a target man that could link up the play ,had an excellent first touch and the strength to hold of players as well as the skill to play other players into the game. He was our out ball when we needed a breather to hold the ball up and relieve pressure on our defense. Smith is just a big guy thet we lump the ball up to in desperation as a plan B. I think Joka ill sell him .

I agree and would add that Smith is 'slower than a carthorse', as mobile as a statue and his chances/goals stats for us 'feel' appalling to me

As this thread has developed into opinion rather than rumour, then I add that Betts would not be my no1 next season and that we need a more experienced, commanding presence in goal that instills confidence in the defence and is more than a shot stopper.

Carborundum

He's good at what he does and seems a big hearted fellow.  But my enjoyment of games goes down when he comes on because our current defenders opt for hoofball.  Again that's not really his fault.  But played with pacy wingers he could be thrill a minute.  I'm torn.

With a well balanced squad he could be an asset, a bit like Nuhiu is for Wednesday. So I'll vote for him to stay in.  Just. 

cmg

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on Today at 06:36:46 PM
Report suggests Fulham's Moussa Dembele has agreed deal with Galatasaray

This one goes on my (long) 'I don't believe it' list but, off hand, can anyone think of a worse destination for a 19 year old with great potential? Damascus United?
Still, I'm sure he'd slot in immediately as first choice in front of Podolski and Yilmaz.

mkras99

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3633360/Manchester-United-join-Arsenal-Juventus-race-25million-rated-Dortmund-midfielder-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Fulham are showing interest in Wigan midfielder Emyr Huws.

The Wales international has been on loan at Huddersfield Town and impressed last season as he made over 30 appearances and scored five goals. The 22-year-old, who started his career at Swansea before moving to Manchester City in 2012, is valued at £2.5million by Wigan.

Meanwhile, Fulham striker Ross McCormack is attracted interest from Sheffield Wednesday as well as Newcastle United and Aston Villa.

The 29-year-old is valued at £12million by Fulham and he scored 23 goals last season.

@jolslover

Also seen us linked with Stokes, Would NOT take Stokes. Huws I would have but Wigan paid 2.5mill and he is not worth more than that, so sadly again a no from me.
STH H3

FFC1999

In my opinion we need to offload smith and bring a faster, more athletic striker and give Woodrow the chance to prove himself as a first back up striker. If we could get any out of favour Watford players such as Anya or Guedioura, they'd both be perfect for the set up in my eyes but think its key to find Scott Parker a suitable partnership in the centre of Midfield.

cmg

"Le milieu de terrain Alexander Kacaniklic en négociations  avancées avec le FC Nantes ! Il arriverait libre de Fulham !"

= Midfielder AK in advanced negotiations with Nantes. He would be a free transfer from Fulham.

Bracken White

Matt Smith would (& indeed has) played really well alongside a 'faster more athletic striker' - they compliment each other. IMO he is too good a target man to dispense with, in our circumstances and would be an absolute £750K steal for Wolves.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

BedsFFC

We had to get rid of deadwood when we came down from Premiership, we then had the transfer ban to contend with.

I'm sure that the club is looking to mount a serious challenge this season

Fayed was our benefactor. Khan is about 4 times as wealthy and would probably rank about 3rd or 4th wealthiest Chairman in UK.

We have to be looking at players that are premiership ready, just fading in premiership or will be premiership ready in a year or two. These then need to be gelled with quality Championship players.

Matt Smith is a great pro and a decent player. He is a top Div 1 player and a lower to mid Championship player. If we had been relegated this season, I would have been excited to see him start next season.

On the note of transfer fees. Can I say that I don't care if we sell for £1m or £2m or buy at £3m or £10m. In over 40 years of supporting the club, the transfer fee has had no impact on my life whatsoever. Get the quality of player we need.

For about the first time in 5 years, I'd like to look forward to going to the Cottage and consistently see some attacking intent with pace and skill.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: BedsFFC on June 10, 2016, 01:04:42 PM
We had to get rid of deadwood when we came down from Premiership, we then had the transfer ban to contend with.

I'm sure that the club is looking to mount a serious challenge this season

Fayed was our benefactor. Khan is about 4 times as wealthy and would probably rank about 3rd or 4th wealthiest Chairman in UK.

We have to be looking at players that are premiership ready, just fading in premiership or will be premiership ready in a year or two. These then need to be gelled with quality Championship players.

Matt Smith is a great pro and a decent player. He is a top Div 1 player and a lower to mid Championship player. If we had been relegated this season, I would have been excited to see him start next season.

On the note of transfer fees. Can I say that I don't care if we sell for £1m or £2m or buy at £3m or £10m. In over 40 years of supporting the club, the transfer fee has had no impact on my life whatsoever. Get the quality of player we need.

For about the first time in 5 years, I'd like to look forward to going to the Cottage and consistently see some attacking intent with pace and skill.

The problem is, despite his wealth Khan is not willing to spend the amounts you are talking about nor are we able to due to FFP. Can't see us spending more than 4m on a single player. He always talks about us being sustainable. We are also unlikely to be able to attract the type of Prem players you're suggesting. I mean we need get real, we aren't a huge club in terms of fanbase and have been out of the Prem for 2 years finishing in the bottom half/scrapping survival. I just don't see us a huge draw for players any longer.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Mince n Tatties

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 10, 2016, 02:44:35 PM
Steven Fletcher just released by Sunderland.

Would take. If Smith must go I'd say he'd be a better replacement although not sure him and Ross would work.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 10, 2016, 02:44:35 PM
Steven Fletcher just released by Sunderland.
Would not take.. Massive wages at Sunderland that we could spend on someone better.
STH H3