more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: twang on June 16, 2016, 09:30:21 AM
Mariappa released by Palace. Would be great to have a right back that knows how to defend.
Together with a left back and a centre back.

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on June 16, 2016, 11:49:33 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 16, 2016, 07:35:23 AM
Quote from: Statto on June 15, 2016, 11:23:25 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 15, 2016, 05:58:09 PM
Those who are concerned about the lack of transfer news as yet might look at the BBC transfer list:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

There have been just a few big PL transfers and steady activity in lower divisions but not much activity at our level.

The context of this is a 20th place finish last year after we were aiming for top 6, a manager promising to "change everything" and a chairman publicly green-lighting that... Ergo... I expect us to be the single most active championship club this summer. So I don't take much comfort from only a small number of our peers having been more active so far
WHile I understamd your frustrations Statto, i do not see how the club can meet players let alone do medicals while most players are away on holiday, which would be natural given they are soon due to report back (at most clubs) for pre season.

Of course you can speak to their agents, but surely no club would (and no fan would want their team too) agree to a transfer without having met the player first as well.

To be fair i was exaggerating somewhat and i do sympathise and of course the Euros are happening as well

But i do hope we don't leave too much to september 1st.

Even if it means paying a few extra £millions to sign players sooner, IMO if it's key players it's worth it to have them ready and integrated in gameweek one versus signing them with 6 games gone when we're already 8 pts behind target
I get your points, if we can afford to pay more than the player is worth then great. I think we will see plenty of in and outs before the end of july
Every day is a Fulham day

Twig

Quote from: westcliff white on June 16, 2016, 12:40:06 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 16, 2016, 11:49:33 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on June 16, 2016, 07:35:23 AM
Quote from: Statto on June 15, 2016, 11:23:25 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on June 15, 2016, 05:58:09 PM
Those who are concerned about the lack of transfer news as yet might look at the BBC transfer list:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

There have been just a few big PL transfers and steady activity in lower divisions but not much activity at our level.

The context of this is a 20th place finish last year after we were aiming for top 6, a manager promising to "change everything" and a chairman publicly green-lighting that... Ergo... I expect us to be the single most active championship club this summer. So I don't take much comfort from only a small number of our peers having been more active so far
WHile I understamd your frustrations Statto, i do not see how the club can meet players let alone do medicals while most players are away on holiday, which would be natural given they are soon due to report back (at most clubs) for pre season.

Of course you can speak to their agents, but surely no club would (and no fan would want their team too) agree to a transfer without having met the player first as well.

To be fair i was exaggerating somewhat and i do sympathise and of course the Euros are happening as well

But i do hope we don't leave too much to september 1st.

Even if it means paying a few extra £millions to sign players sooner, IMO if it's key players it's worth it to have them ready and integrated in gameweek one versus signing them with 6 games gone when we're already 8 pts behind target
I get your points, if we can afford to pay more than the player is worth then great. I think we will see plenty of in and outs before the end of july

Except the fees tot up and we risk falling foul of the damned FFP rules again. That is another reason to try to do sensible deals even if we could afford and were willing to pay more (which I am far from persuaded of).

mkras99

Looks like Aziz turned down a move to Fulham:

http://www.bursasporluyuz.org/serdar-azizin-durumu-ne-olacak-n23316/

From translation - Serdar Aziz about Besiktas and Galatasaray 's bid far below the expectations that Bursaspor has to offer. Both clubs as UEFA 's because of the financial sanctions can not go green Beyazlılar'ın wants to 6 million. A call for Serdar Inter had the pulse, but the Italian had to come back the initiative team. Experienced stopper wanting Fulham also offer the added bonus of 4 million euros, 2 million euros. British team next year if ChampionChip 't reach the championship Premier League ' to be paid if the said bonus Bursaspor. However, Serdar Aziz also not warm to go due to take place in Fulham Championship in England. 

@jolslover

Spanish side Sporting de Gijón linked with a move for Amorebieta
STH H3

BedsFFC

Doesn't seem to be mentioned that Hyndman has apparently negotiated a long term deal with Bournemouth. If I'd heard that was going to happen 2 years ago I'd have been amazed that Emerson had fallen so badly. Sad.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: BedsFFC on June 17, 2016, 10:43:18 AM
Doesn't seem to be mentioned that Hyndman has apparently negotiated a long term deal with Bournemouth. If I'd heard that was going to happen 2 years ago I'd have been amazed that Emerson had fallen so badly. Sad.

Gutting this one although in a way he's smart as chosen a Prem team where he could get in the side unlike Roberts. Alternative thinking is that it isn't totally impossible that we could be in the same division next year (Champ) with him playing for the smaller club or worse (highly unlikely) they are in the Champ and we in the Prem. Real shame we've not done enough to convince the boy his future is here. Truly think he has potential to be a solid Prem player.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

MJG

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 17, 2016, 10:48:18 AM

Gutting this one although in a way he's smart as chosen a Prem team where he could get in the side unlike Roberts. Alternative thinking is that it isn't totally impossible that we could be in the same division next year (Champ) with him playing for the smaller club or worse (highly unlikely) they are in the Champ and we in the Prem. Real shame we've not done enough to convince the boy his future is here. Truly think he has potential to be a solid Prem player.
In the end if he has gone there its for the PL and not money I'd say.
Also if he plays (And Howe will use younger players) and does well, no matter how Bournemouth do he could move again next summer. Stepping stones for the lad.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: MJG on June 17, 2016, 10:58:59 AM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 17, 2016, 10:48:18 AM

In the end if he has gone there its for the PL and not money I'd say.
Also if he plays (And Howe will use younger players) and does well, no matter how Bournemouth do he could move again next summer. Stepping stones for the lad.

Yes, agree with all of this. Doesn't strike me he's about the money, more furthering his career and like you say, it's a good shop window there for other Prem clubs. Could see him at a decent mid table team in years time.

twang

Copy-pasting my opinion from TIFF:

How sad is it that we're now in a position where Bournmouth are signing arguably our most talented young player? At the same time, great that he moves to an English side so we can get a decent compensation. Also, great choice of club by Emerson.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: twang on June 17, 2016, 12:02:42 PM

How sad is it that we're now in a position where Bournmouth are signing arguably our most talented young player? At the same time, great that he moves to an English side so we can get a decent compensation. Also, great choice of club by Emerson.

Sad I know but like you say, it's a good family club like our own.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: twang on June 17, 2016, 12:02:42 PM

What's sadder is the state of Bournemouth's finances if they get relegated. They spent a tonne of cash during their promotion and rise and continued that last season.

They also pay very high wages to their players.

They luckily avoided FFP last year, so expect that to catch them up.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 17, 2016, 10:50:29 AM

Only positive is, we get SOME money out of this if he goes to Bournemouth, but on the whole, I'm ticked off

Wonder what kind of compensation we could expect? 2 to 5 million??? Dembele is the only current comparison and I've heard/read a range from 4 to 8 for him.

Again, we come off as our own worst enemy with Hyndman. He's definitely good enough to have played far more minutes than he did and I think would likely have improved our play, if not our results. Had he gotten the minutes, he may have re-considered Fulham but, our compensation would have been better for any PL transfer.

Good luck to him wherever he decides to play next season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 17, 2016, 01:58:48 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 17, 2016, 10:50:29 AM

Only positive is, we get SOME money out of this if he goes to Bournemouth, but on the whole, I'm ticked off

Wonder what kind of compensation we could expect? 2 to 5 million??? Dembele is the only current comparison and I've heard/read a range from 4 to 8 for him.

Again, we come off as our own worst enemy with Hyndman. He's definitely good enough to have played far more minutes than he did and I think would likely have improved our play, if not our results. Had he gotten the minutes, he may have re-considered Fulham but, our compensation would have been better for any PL transfer.

Good luck to him wherever he decides to play next season.
I'd be really surprised if we got anywhere near 2m for him. I even a million.
Yes we rate him highly
Yes we offered him a contract
Yes he's played for USA

But did we play him regularly? No, so any tribunal will look at that and ask... How highly or how good was/is he when you didn't play him?

VamosFFC

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 17, 2016, 02:48:16 PM
Looking at the Copa America results for yesterday and saw the U.S won, with Gyasi Zardes getting the (eventual) winner.

How have no European clubs even made a glance at him? That kid is going to be A STAR. Would love him at Fulham

He's got speed and pace, but his technical skills seem to be lacking. Also, his first touch leaves much to be desired. Don't get me wrong though, he is a good player.

Horsfield_No9

Damn

grandad

Who? Was he another of our youngsters with an inflated ego?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Lighthouse

Given the little bit of extra time you are allowed on the ball in the Prem it may be a good move for him. But he only showed a little of what he was capable of while he was here.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 17, 2016, 02:48:16 PM
Looking at the Copa America results for yesterday and saw the U.S won, with Gyasi Zardes getting the (eventual) winner.

How have no European clubs even made a glance at him? That kid is going to be A STAR. Would love him at Fulham
Same was said about Eddie Lewis and Eddie JOhnson
Every day is a Fulham day