The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: MJG on June 17, 2016, 02:11:58 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 17, 2016, 01:58:48 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 17, 2016, 10:50:29 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on June 17, 2016, 10:43:18 AM
Doesn't seem to be mentioned that Hyndman has apparently negotiated a long term deal with Bournemouth. If I'd heard that was going to happen 2 years ago I'd have been amazed that Emerson had fallen so badly. Sad.

Only positive is, we get SOME money out of this if he goes to Bournemouth, but on the whole, I'm ticked off

Wonder what kind of compensation we could expect? 2 to 5 million??? Dembele is the only current comparison and I've heard/read a range from 4 to 8 for him.

Again, we come off as our own worst enemy with Hyndman. He's definitely good enough to have played far more minutes than he did and I think would likely have improved our play, if not our results. Had he gotten the minutes, he may have re-considered Fulham but, our compensation would have been better for any PL transfer.

Good luck to him wherever he decides to play next season.
I'd be really surprised if we got anywhere near 2m for him. I even a million.
Yes we rate him highly
Yes we offered him a contract
Yes he's played for USA

But did we play him regularly? No, so any tribunal will look at that and ask... How highly or how good was/is he when you didn't play him?
750k according to West London press

Riverside

I don't think he is Premier League level yet - though clearly with the potential
I think he will be loaned out for now

Still as he has gone to an English Club will we get compensation ?
If so any idea how much ?

Riverside

Quote from: Riverside on June 17, 2016, 04:41:36 PM
I don't think he is Premier League level yet - though clearly with the potential

Sorry I wrote too soon as I have just seen this on the Silly Season Thread
Quote from: MJG on Today at 02:11:58 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on Today at 01:58:48 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on Today at 10:50:29 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on Today at 10:43:18 AM
Doesn't seem to be mentioned that Hyndman has apparently negotiated a long term deal with Bournemouth. If I'd heard that was going to happen 2 years ago I'd have been amazed that Emerson had fallen so badly. Sad.

Only positive is, we get SOME money out of this if he goes to Bournemouth, but on the whole, I'm ticked off

Wonder what kind of compensation we could expect? 2 to 5 million??? Dembele is the only current comparison and I've heard/read a range from 4 to 8 for him.

Again, we come off as our own worst enemy with Hyndman. He's definitely good enough to have played far more minutes than he did and I think would likely have improved our play, if not our results. Had he gotten the minutes, he may have re-considered Fulham but, our compensation would have been better for any PL transfer.

Good luck to him wherever he decides to play next season.
I'd be really surprised if we got anywhere near 2m for him. I even a million.
Yes we rate him highly
Yes we offered him a contract
Yes he's played for USA

But did we play him regularly? No, so any tribunal will look at that and ask... How highly or how good was/is he when you didn't play him?
750k according to West London press

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Riverside on June 17, 2016, 04:41:36 PM

Reported as 750k. I think he'll play for them, seems they bought him as competition with one other in that position.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

AnEssexFan

Good luck to him.

While I'm sorry to see him go, I have to say I think he's been well advised. He's going to a premier league club that are likely to give him plenty of game time over the next few seasons, rather than to a big club where he'd just be forgotten.
@leightonrw07

cmg

So, a widely anticipated occurrence has actually occurred.
I deeply regret the departure of a player of whom I had the highest hopes. My regret is mostly that he didn't progress as rapidly as I had hoped and therefore never demanded a first team place on form. I regret even more that we got ourselves relegated. I hardly think he would have gone to Bournemouth if we had still been in the same division.
Good luck to him. I hope he turns out to be what I had expected him to be.

If we get £750,000 compo, how badly have we missed out financially? What is his current transfer value today with a four year contract, a few US caps, a small amount of 2nd tier experience and his potential? I ask because I don't know. Not much more than £1m would be my guess, but I look forward to being instructed on this one.

Riversider

£750,000 is less money than Charlton Athletic have spent today on a player from Swindon Town,
Puts it in to perspective really.
I wonder (and I doubt) if there is a sell on clause in place ?

MJG

Quote from: Riversider on June 17, 2016, 05:09:28 PM
£750,000 is less money than Charlton Athletic have spent today on a player from Swindon Town,
Puts it in to perspective really.
I wonder (and I doubt) if there is a sell on clause in place ?
I doubt there is, if I was Bournemouth I'd not offer it as it's a done deal without it. FFC holding a very poor hand in any deal like this.

valdeingruo

Well it's official. Best move, maybe? I'm sure he'll get time there.  This one hurts.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

MJG

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: MJG on June 17, 2016, 05:27:04 PM
Stokes deal all done at Blackburn apparently.

Thank god we don't have to worry about that one. Doesn't sound like the type of character we want at Fulham.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Samsara

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 17, 2016, 02:48:16 PM
Looking at the Copa America results for yesterday and saw the U.S won, with Gyasi Zardes getting the (eventual) winner.

How have no European clubs even made a glance at him? That kid is going to be A STAR. Would love him at Fulham

I'm not sure where you get your info on him. He's really not that impressive and most Americans would likely agree. He's pacy but his first touch is absolutely putrid. He's a MLS starter at best. MLS youngsters much better than him have come to Europe and dramatically disappointed. Eddie Johnson, Brek Shea, Juan Agudelo, ect. I would be sick if we spent any sort of money on the "kid". (He's 24)

BestOfBrede

According to Sky...

ARSENAL ENTER RACE FOR FULHAM STRIKER

Arsenal are set to enter the race to sign Fulham striker Moussa Dembele whether Jamie Vardy signs for the Gunners or not.

Arsene Wenger is in the hunt for new firepower and will rival Tottenham and Chelsea for the 19-year-old's signature, according to ESPN.

The Arsenal boss has already activated Jamie Vardy's release clause this summer but is waiting to see if the England international will swap Leicester for the Emirates.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: FatguySkinnyJeans on June 17, 2016, 07:53:33 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on June 17, 2016, 02:48:16 PM
Looking at the Copa America results for yesterday and saw the U.S won, with Gyasi Zardes getting the (eventual) winner.

How have no European clubs even made a glance at him? That kid is going to be A STAR. Would love him at Fulham

I'm not sure where you get your info on him. He's really not that impressive and most Americans would likely agree. He's pacy but his first touch is absolutely putrid. He's a MLS starter at best. MLS youngsters much better than him have come to Europe and dramatically disappointed. Eddie Johnson, Brek Shea, Juan Agudelo, ect. I would be sick if we spent any sort of money on the "kid". (He's 24)

He plays the role he has on the USMNT well... sometimes. I tend to spend more time questioning why he is on the pitch versus praising him.

As for a transfer. I do not believe he has the ball skills or tactical nuance to thrive at a top European level. If Altidore could not figure it out as a striker in England, there is no way Zardes is going to do it.

BestOfBrede

On sky transfer centre the report on Hyndmans move they have a photo of Tom Cairney!
Maybe B'mouth think they have landed a great player but really have a 'potential' great player!

I'm not digging at Emerson - just a joke, but the pic is deffo not him!

That's now Roberts and Hyndman gone, with strong rumours re Dembele...
What next, LVC?

The point of all the money pumped into the academy is ?

filham

Patrick Roberts gone, Hydeman gone, Dembele next. As soon as our youngsters are ripe for picking they just go.
What is the point of us developing young talent.
Then there are the ones we hold out hope for and they don't quite come up to scratch, Kaka, Frei, David, Burn.

Just hope Woodrow and LVC come good next season.

Oakeshott

"What is the point of us developing young talent"

Three reasons:

1) some players will be good enough for us in the Championship but not so good that they get picked up by Premiership clubs - Woodrow may well be one such, Grimmer another;

2) selling on really good young players can be a significant source of incomes to "smaller" clubs - Southampton being a case in point;

3) IF Khan invests and J proves as good as we hope, once we get back to the Premiership we should be able to hold on longer to more of the Roberts, Hyndman and Dembele types.

Disappointing when a really good player goes - whether a young player we've brought on or an older one we've bought, proves himself and goes on to a bigger club. But it was always thus with "smaller" clubs and in these days of globalised football even traditionally top UK clubs like Manchester United aren't immune to others higher still in the food chain.

Friendsoffulham

Lloyd ‏@lloydt1  1h1 hour ago Hillingdon, London
Linked with Scott Malone who is a terrible left back according to pretty much every Cardiff fan that has watched him

Friendsoffulham

QPR and Fulham keen on Lille linked international midfielder

Queens Park Rangers and Fulham are showing an interest in Red Star midfielder Naim Sliti, according to claims in the French media.

The 23-year-old has impressed for the Ligue 2 side in the past couple of seasons, which has brought him to the attention of other clubs.

La Gazette des Transferts have revealed the two London clubs are monitoring the situation with Sliti, and could move in for him when the transfer window opens.

Both QPR and Fulham will be looking to bolster their squad this summer with the objective to get back into the Premier League, and the Tunisian is an option open to both clubs.

However, they will face competition to sign the attacking midfielder with Lille and Standard Liege also showing an interest in the player. Sliti is contracted to Red Star until June 2018.

Sliti came through the Marseille youth system, but made his professional debut with Sedan. He signed for Red Star in 2014 after joining from Paris FC, and has gone on to make 50 league appearances for the club.

Sliti made his debut for his country this month when he scored against Djibouti during an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.