more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Quote from: Riversider on July 06, 2016, 05:16:26 PM
Were owned not by a multi millionaire but by a multi Billionaire, worth over 4 times what Al Fayed is worth, let that sink in for a minute !

I hope you're saying this tongue in cheek, cos my understanding of FFP is that you can't plough endless funds into a team without remaining within a threshold nett loss? It doesn't matter how rich the owner is, it's how sustainable the team is. If i've misinterpreted your post i apologise.

westcliff white

Quote from: westcliff white on July 06, 2016, 07:35:16 PM
Quote from: Barrett487 on July 06, 2016, 07:25:39 PM
Were owned not by a multi millionaire but by a multi Billionaire, worth over 4 times what Al Fayed is worth, let that sink in for a minute !

I hope you're saying this tongue in cheek, cos my understanding of FFP is that you can't plough endless funds into a team without remaining within a threshold nett loss? It doesn't matter how rich the owner is, it's how sustainable the team is. If i've misinterpreted your post i apologise.
Nope your right, but if you stay in the division you will pay a fine, if it is a small breach then an embargo, for me we should go the QPR route, then dispute the fine like they have, and have not paid it for 3 plus years.
Nope your right that is the issue, however he can do it if he wants too. However, if you don't go up you will pay a huge fine and or then face an embargo, for me we should go the QPR route, then dispute the fine like they have, and have not paid it for 3 plus years.
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on July 06, 2016, 07:38:06 PM

Nope your right, but if you stay in the division you will pay a fine, if it is a small breach then an embargo, for me we should go the QPR route, then dispute the fine like they have, and have not paid it for 3 plus years.
Nope your right that is the issue, however he can do it if he wants too. However, if you don't go up you will pay a huge fine and or then face an embargo, for me we should go the QPR route, then dispute the fine like they have, and have not paid it for 3 plus years.

to be clear..
Fail FFP and you go up you get a fine.
Stay down you get an embargo for as long as it takes to get back within budget.

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on July 06, 2016, 07:48:33 PM

to be clear..
Fail FFP and you go up you get a fine.
Stay down you get an embargo for as long as it takes to get back within budget.
SO be it take the embargo or threaten take the league to court ala QPR, cant be one rile for some and one for others. The FFP rules are pathetic in that only some obey them

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on July 06, 2016, 07:48:40 PM

IMO given the number of clubs appearing to disregard FFP, the football league have two options: (1) scrap the whole system or (2) impose more meaningful sanctions, eg, points deductions, in certain cases. Sod's law we'd disregard FFP and then be the first club the football league make an example of with (2) next year
Personally do not see how the league can impose any punishment if some teams refuse to pay as they have done so far, every club should ask what is going on and they should then suspend the rules till it is resolved. There should also be legal recourse to all teams, hit with any form of punishment in the interim period, against the league if QPR get away with it as they are now

dannyboi-ffc

Let me make my stance on this clear. First of all I do not and I enthusise the not think we should sell Ross so that Khan gets off with spending money.

I think if he had any desire to get back to the prem he should be spending the maximum or close to what he is allowed to spend of his own money. Let's say that this is 10 million. Then add on the 13m for Ross and the 6M for Mitroglou and the others we got compensation, not to mention the fees for Stek and Pringle which I don't know about and you have a kitty of 30 million or there abouts.

I don't think we should just sell Ross because we need to strengthen other positions. That's only half the reason. Imo and I'm probably in a minority, I don't think tactically he suits a team that wins promotions. Sure as an individual he is outstanding but like Ruiz I feel he is an awkward Player to fit in the team without unbalancing everything. Either they play out of position or someone else does to accomodate them.

Ross can't play up top on his own and Cairney needs to be in the hole. I just feel nows the time to start again and go for a different setup altogether and since Ross is 30 and worth 13m minimum and Cairney is mid 20s and worth probably not even half that I just feel it's the right thing to do for the long term goal.

If we keep Ross and don't go up he is worth half the price. If we sell and do what I said but miss out. Atleast we have a good core of players and it's just a case of adding a few to make us even stronger.

When we lost Horsfield I thought we'd struggle but Saha came through the door. When Saha left for 12m in came McBride for 500,000. Neither replacement was a like for like, we adjusted and did quite well for it. Ross isn't the best player we've ever had so I don't think he should be made to be irreplaceable when we proved in the past with the right recruitment the team is bigger than an individual.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

mkras99

Jonathan Kimbabu ‏@JonathanKimbabu  1h1 hour ago
Sone Aluko close to signing with #Fulham #FFC

Wearethewhites

Rob Green has signed for Leeds. No way Silverstri will play 2nd fiddle, his Dad made a very odd comment the other day in a report linking him to Fulham. Would be pleased if that happened.

Fulham76

Quote from: mkras99 on July 06, 2016, 09:43:41 PM

Not a good scoring record for a 'forward'.

If this rumour is true we're clearly looking to do things on the cheap again, so another crappy season ahead if this is the level of our business/ambition.

J.Perkins

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 06, 2016, 10:04:50 PM

If this rumour is true we're clearly looking to do things on the cheap again, so another crappy season ahead if this is the level of our business/ambition.

You don't need to spend big to succeed. Although, you do actually need to acquire players.

EJL

Maybe we'd be playing him out wide.

Nero

Thought he was a winger

DevonFFC

denis odoi someone has mentioned on Twitter.  Center bak at 5'10

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Nero on July 06, 2016, 10:23:22 PM

Thought he was a winger

Yes, he's an attacking right winger more than a foward. Bags of pace, strong build, causes defences a lot of problems. Not a 90 minute player though, more impact.

mkras99

Transfer Centre Live ‏@TransferCentreL  1m1 minute ago
Fulham are in talks with former Hull City forward Sone Aluko.

westcliff white

Quote from: ollienixs on July 06, 2016, 10:29:01 PM
denis odoi someone has mentioned on Twitter.  Center bak at 5'10
He is a fullback can play both sides, first mentioned on page 56 or 57 I think, was this morning anyway.

I gave a little feedback on him that I got from a colleague who us an Anderlcht fan, he was there before joining Lokeren

mkras99

Hull Transfers ‏@HullTransfers  9m9 minutes ago
Looks like Sone Aluko will be joining Fulham on a free transfer following his release by City #hcafc #ffc

Fulham76

Quote from: mkras99 on July 06, 2016, 10:46:36 PM
Looks like Sone Aluko will be joining Fulham on a free transfer following his release by City #hcafc #ffc

If true, hopefully he'll do well for us.

This is the club we've become unfortunately, hoping/praying free transfers & other championship level cast offs can do a job for us.

We've been run so poorly recently!

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 06, 2016, 10:58:48 PM

This is the club we've become unfortunately, hoping/praying free transfers & other championship level cast offs can do a job for us.

Hold on, Aluko is a decent Championship player. He's just played and contributed to Hulls promotion season. The Prem is prob a little to much of a jump for him, so not worth Hull renewing his contract, but if he was still under contract, we'd expected to pay a couple of million for his services.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 06, 2016, 11:07:50 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 06, 2016, 10:58:48 PM

Hold on, Aluko is a decent Championship player. He's just played and contributed to Hulls promotion season. The Prem is prob a little to much of a jump for him, so not worth Hull renewing his contract, but if he was still under contract, we'd expected to pay a couple of million for his services.

Totally agree with that, no problem at all if he does come providing we're looking for decent defenders as well. On a free and offers something we've lacked for years in pace and width