watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

or maybe he was hinting some will be announced over the next few days, people never seem to look at what could be a bright side
Every day is a Fulham day

Tooting legend

you know how Fulham work alright they've announced the two signings but usually if there's two to there players about to sign then over the years they've been announced together. I think 3 signings will come over the next couple of days.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 07, 2016, 04:15:16 PM
I know nothing about him. I knew about our central defenders we bought last year and thought they would be good for us. They weren't. So if it happens good luck to him and welcome to Fulham.

I knew nothing about madl and he was the best. Same with this guy, fingers crossed.

mike_corkcity12

So even Jok is trying to get the club to get their finger out.

Unbelievable.

Khan Mackintosh and Rigg have killed this club. We are just going to coast along, if we get relegated who cares? They certainly don't. Khan, Mackitnosh, Rigg OUT

westcliff white

Quote from: mike_corkcity12 on July 07, 2016, 09:49:12 PM
So even Jok is trying to get the club to get their finger out.

Unbelievable.

Khan Mackintosh and Rigg have killed this club. We are just going to coast along, if we get relegated who cares? They certainly don't. Khan, Mackitnosh, Rigg OUT

I doubt very much that's what he is doing, public ally criticising those in employ on social media? As I said before I think he is hinting we will announce 2 maybe 3 signings in the coming days of course just a guess on my part, but earthier be positive than look at the negatives and moan about the club yet again, not saying you are moaning just saying I don't think he would slag of people on social media

westcliff white

Leon Osman available on a free and has said he wants to play and would be happy to do so in the championship. We wouldn't sign him but he will be a good pick up for someone

AUSFFC

"Never expecting, always believing" COYW

spikey norman

A couple of the other Fulham message boards are suggesting we are about to sign Leroy Lita

westcliff white

Quote from: spikey norman on July 08, 2016, 07:13:53 AM
A couple of the other Fulham message boards are suggesting we are about to sign Leroy Lita

if we are signing Lita, a man who has played no meaningful football in about 3 years, even my optimism might fade

Skatzoffc

Quote from: cmg on July 07, 2016, 06:15:08 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 07, 2016, 05:42:09 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 07, 2016, 05:11:52 PM

Last 3 seasons:

13/14  LB 34     RB 7
14/15  LB 26     RB 14
15/16  LB 31     RB  7

Source?

On consideration I'll reply to this because, being a bit of an old buffer, I may not know that it is accepted internet etiquette to phrase enquiries in a peremptory, one word fashion such as this. Personally I find it a bit impolite. It is not my normal practice to make stuff up and if I am unsure of anything I say I would normally qualify it.

I got this stuff from Transfermarkt, which I would recommend to anyone interested in the statistics of European football.
It also tells me that Oboi played his one full Belgian International at right back and two of his three u21 games at left back (no info n th other one).

I think it is pretty clear (or, at least, it is to me) that he can perform on either side and that if he is going to be signed as a left back this does not represent any dereliction of duty on behalf of the club management.

+One

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on July 08, 2016, 07:21:28 AM
Quote from: spikey norman on July 08, 2016, 07:13:53 AM

if we are signing Lita, a man who has played no meaningful football in about 3 years, even my optimism might fade

Think that was someone being a bit mischievous, just been released by Yeovil tells you all you need to know

Friendsoffulham

White Noise ‏@WhiteNoise1879  2h2 hours ago
White Noise Retweeted Eerste Klasse
Denis Odoi has agreed terms with Fulham but there may be a twist as a Belgian team is also interested in him. #ffcWhite Noise added,
Eerste Klasse @eersteklasse

It would appear to preclude Denis Odoi Sporting Lokeren will be leaving soon. The wing back has a personal agreement with Fulham, but there may be still a surprising turn in the transfer file in the making.
So knows Het Laatste Nieuws that a Belgian top team on the sleeve of Odoi draws: KAA Gent. Hein Vanhazebrouck would quite like the defender in and sees in him an ideal competitor for right-back Thomas Foket and a back-up for left Nana Asare. That Odoi is polyvalent, thereby naturally plays in his favor.
It is not yet clear what Odoi 's needs: a domestic top club or a foreign adventure. Between 2011 and 2013, the now 28-year-old defender has played two more seasons for RSC Anderlecht, but that was not successful.

westcliff white

If that team is Oostende then they could possibly match us financially, there owner is loaded invests in cycling and other sports too

Chesh

Quote from: westcliff white on July 08, 2016, 09:53:06 AM
If that team is Oostende then they could possibly match us financially, there owner is loaded invests in cycling and other sports too
But the article clearly mentions KAA Gent (Ghent) as the club?
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: Chesh on July 08, 2016, 10:09:13 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 08, 2016, 09:53:06 AM
But the article clearly mentions KAA Gent (Ghent) as the club?
Oops didn't see that lol, Gent may have champions league football next season

Horsfield_No9

Bit of a stretch calling this guy a Belgium "International" Just 1 cap in 2012 according to Wiki.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on July 08, 2016, 09:07:07 AM
Denis Odoi has agreed terms with Fulham but there may be a twist as a Belgian team is also interested in him. #ffcWhite Noise added,

It would appear to preclude Denis Odoi Sporting Lokeren will be leaving soon. The wing back has a personal agreement with Fulham, but there may be still a surprising turn in the transfer file in the making.
So knows Het Laatste Nieuws that a Belgian top team on the sleeve of Odoi draws: KAA Gent. Hein Vanhazebrouck would quite like the defender in and sees in him an ideal competitor for right-back Thomas Foket and a back-up for left Nana Asare. That Odoi is polyvalent, thereby naturally plays in his favor.
It is not yet clear what Odoi 's needs: a domestic top club or a foreign adventure. Between 2011 and 2013, the now 28-year-old defender has played two more seasons for RSC Anderlecht, but that was not successful.

This seems to say that he is wanted by Gent as a competitor for right back and back up for left back. He may prefer to be first choice at Fulham.

Chutney

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 10:49:08 AM

This seems to say that he is wanted by Gent as a competitor for right back and back up for left back. He may prefer to be first choice at Fulham.

Doesn't sound too promising that he would be considered a back up in a mediocre Belgian league team...
C O Y W

Toby Ward-Smith

FULHAM, GRIEZMANN, MITROGLOU...

Considering what happened last night, it's worth remembering that Fulham could have signed Antoine Griezmann in 2014.

However, they were quoted a fee of £12m by Real Sociedad and the move did not materialise.

Instead they signed Kostas Mitroglou, for a similar fee on Deadline Day. Fair to say that didn't turn out too well...

How different things could've been...

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Chutney on July 08, 2016, 10:50:39 AM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 08, 2016, 10:49:08 AM

Doesn't sound too promising that he would be considered a back up in a mediocre Belgian league team...

Do you mean Gent are mediocre? They won the league in 2014-15 and were third last season.

Or do you mean that the Belgium league is mediocre? Maybe but their system seems to produce some half decent players.