more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2016, 07:41:28 AM
Stearman is what around 6ft 2 / 6ft 3? I know its pahysical league but a lad that size and with his build should be able to cope.

Madl I tend to agree with if he had someone similar build next to him, but with a regualt partner of Stearmans size I think it could turn out ok, as I say I think.

We have what 4 CB's now? Stearman, Madl, Ream and Bourderov thats without the youngsters, where as last year I think we had 6 plus the youg guns, so maybe these guys will gain confidence in the fact that they are first choice and will play like they are first choice. Just hoping as we have not been linked with any centre backs as yet.

Firstly Bodurov seems to be out of the equation now and secondly I bought Stearmans shirt when the British Legion were auctioning the Poppy shirts and I was amazed at how small it was.

I appreciate footballers are more athletic and leaner than the past but his shirt was a medium and confirmed to me he was lightweight for this league.

westcliff white

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 11, 2016, 08:39:08 AM
Stearman is what around 6ft 2 / 6ft 3? I know its physical league but a lad that size and with his build should be able to cope.

Madl I tend to agree with if he had someone similar build next to him, but with a regular partner of Stearmans size I think it could turn out OK, as I say I think.

We have what 4 CB's now? Stearman, Madl, Ream and Bourderov that's without the youngsters, where as last year I think we had 6 plus the young guns, so maybe these guys will gain confidence in the fact that they are first choice and will play like they are first choice. Just hoping as we have not been linked with any centre backs as yet.

Firstly Bodurov seems to be out of the equation now and secondly I bought Stearmans shirt when the British Legion were auctioning the Poppy shirts and I was amazed at how small it was.

I appreciate footballers are more athletic and leaner than the past but his shirt was a medium and confirmed to me he was lightweight for this league.
Not arguing, just thought he did well at Wolves, everyone was on this board praising the signing when it happend. As confirmed by Statto and the offal he is around 11st 9 which surprised me as that's lighter than me. But he is 6ft 2 (190cm in new money) which is an adequate height for a centre back, not overly tall but adequate
Every day is a Fulham day

Hoppus

MBS Sport ‏@MBS_Sport 1 tfor 1 time siden

Fulham should announce Odoi soon and have had a bid accepted for McDonald. Hendrick bid has been rejected

westcliff white

Odoi was reported on Saturday in Belgium as a done deal, infact my colleagues there are surprised it hasn't been announced. I had a chat with one which I put on this thread, but also spoke to another and he said Odoi has always rated highly in Belgium, went of the boil a bit but has resurrected himself at Lokeren. He is about 5ft 8/9 but very slight, good going forward and disciplined at the back. He carried on to say his size is the only thing against him coming to the championship. In my opinion people can work on Physical strength in the gym so hopefully this is a good signing.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: westcliff white on July 11, 2016, 08:45:33 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 11, 2016, 08:39:08 AM
Stearman is what around 6ft 2 / 6ft 3? I know its physical league but a lad that size and with his build should be able to cope.

Madl I tend to agree with if he had someone similar build next to him, but with a regular partner of Stearmans size I think it could turn out OK, as I say I think.

We have what 4 CB's now? Stearman, Madl, Ream and Bourderov that's without the youngsters, where as last year I think we had 6 plus the young guns, so maybe these guys will gain confidence in the fact that they are first choice and will play like they are first choice. Just hoping as we have not been linked with any centre backs as yet.

Not arguing, just thought he did well at Wolves, everyone was on this board praising the signing when it happend. As confirmed by Statto and the offal he is around 11st 9 which surprised me as that's lighter than me. But he is 6ft 2 (190cm in new money) which is an adequate height for a centre back, not overly tall but adequate

RE: Stearman's build.

It's not just weight and size, you can be lighter than most but lack explosive power that comes from muscle strength itself.

You've got to know how to use that power and balance is equally needed. You could be a giant but be like bambi on ice.

Don't think too much about what it says on the scales/measuring stick.

Stearman is another player that is inconsistent - Has some great games and looks a leader then next he can be easily exposed. That's the same review most Wolves fans gave when he was sold.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

f321ffc

Don't look like he will be coming to us then.

John Percy‏ @JPercyTelegraph
Derby have rejected a £3m bid from #BurnleyFC for midfielder Jeff Hendrick. Derby insist he is not for sale #dcfc
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: f321ffc on July 11, 2016, 12:18:33 PM
Don't look like he will be coming to us then.

John Percy‏ @JPercyTelegraph
Derby have rejected a £3m bid from #BurnleyFC for midfielder Jeff Hendrick. Derby insist he is not for sale #dcfc

Apparently just rejected a second bid from Burnley..

@jolslover

Would rather have Odoi than Malone, Been impressed with what i've seen of Odoi on youtube and from what I've heard from Lokoren fans. Not seen any negative comments.
STH H3

HillingdonFFC

McDonald pictured  training with Wolves  so doesn't look like this is happening today then

Steven Ageroad

I think there should be a seperate thread for the Stearman/Madl, weight/height discussion, It's getting very boring. Lets just discuss transfers and rumours please.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 11, 2016, 02:30:14 PM
I think there should be a seperate thread for the Stearman/Madl, weight/height discussion, It's getting very boring. Lets just discuss transfers and rumours please.

+1

westcliff white

I think it is relevant as it impacts potential signings, that is what was being discussed in that bit of the thread. basically do we need another CB or are what we have good enough as in imposing, physically up to it etc and ther reduce number of CB's will that focus what we have more knowing they willg et a run in the team.

Lighthouse

Interesting that Scott Malone is disliked by both Fulham and Cardiff fans.  At last a bit if consistency by fans in a potential signing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

mkras99

Tim Spiers (@tim_spiers_Star)
7/11/16, 10:41 AM
Kevin McDonald is being chased by a number of clubs, not just Fulham. Kenny Jackett has confirmed that the player is in talks.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 11, 2016, 02:30:14 PM

You were sent here by DannyBoi to keep the post count down, weren't you.  :028:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude