watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Moussa Dembele making Champions League debut on some plastic recreation ground just off Gibraltar airport.
Things not going too well for our ex-hero. He's already a year older than when he left us and he hasn't scored a single goal in that time. (They've been playing for 9 minutes).  081.gif

(It's on BT Sports2)

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 12, 2016, 06:51:47 PM
Boderov told he will not play, Amorebieta not playing again today as per last game, even though he has been in Ireland.  Interesting that Burgess was also ignored.  This all suggests to me that we have a central defender lined up somewhere.   I would love us to sign McDonald however he messed us about last summer and seems to be doing the same again, I have a feeling he is somewhat difficult to manage although this may not be true, however we should not spend too much time on him as once bitten etc.  Wonder if Delaney is still a possibility with the supposed offer for the Hendrick it would suggest we are in for a strong central midfield player however maybe Faulin will take that roll after all central midfield is not exactely our weakest area.

Delaney's supposed buyout is 4 million (believe that was quoted in Euros where I read it). If so, there should be no reason for Fulham to shy away given his age. The only turnoffs that I can think of are wage demands or a reluctance to play at our level.  :028:

I think we'd be foolish to rely solely on Faurlin. I know he's the business when healthy, but Diarra should have taught us this lesson already. We'd need another solid CM to pair with him or rotate with Parker.

I certainly hope that we are in for another CB. Bodurov isn't up to it in this league. Burgess needs another season's loan, at least, to be counted upon, I'd wager. And if Fernando wants out, he should be cut loose in the most profitable way possible. Sporting Gijon, or whomever, can take a flying leap if they want him for free. If they are strapped for cash, perhaps there is a young make weight in their squad.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

f321ffc

Quote from: cmg on July 12, 2016, 07:12:39 PM
Moussa Dembele making Champions League debut on some plastic recreation ground just off Gibraltar airport.
Things not going too well for our ex-hero. He's already a year older than when he left us and he hasn't scored a single goal in that time. (They've been playing for 9 minutes).  081.gif

(It's on BT Sports2)
I had a day down in Gibraltar today, did think about going to the game but was told no tickets without Gibraltar ID. Expected to see hoards of Celtic fans but not many about but those I did see we're making complete idiots of themselves with plenty of IRA songs.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: f321ffc on July 12, 2016, 07:27:03 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 12, 2016, 07:12:39 PM

(It's on BT Sports2)
I had a day down in Gibraltar today, did think about going to the game but was told no tickets without Gibraltar ID. Expected to see hoards of Celtic fans but not many about but those I did see we're making complete idiots of themselves with plenty of IRA songs.

How is that? What reasoning is behind that? Confused  :022:
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cmg

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 12, 2016, 05:43:13 PM
Would love this one to come off. French Under 20 striker with a good scoring record already. 8 in 16 for Auxerre most recently. Come on Fulham! Ready made Dembele replacement.

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-report-france-under-20-starlet-sehrou-guirassy-being-eyed-championship-rivals

We'd be doing well to persuade this one to come. Very much comparable to Dembele. Although a little older, he is about a year behind Dembele in terms of football development. The French selectors have generally preferred him to Dembele, although this may be because they prefer a domestically based player.
A cracking move if we could pull it off.

Swiss72

Unfortunately S Guirassy is about to sign for FC Koeln in Germany. This is according to l Equipe which is a usually reliable source.

cmg

Quote from: ollienixs on July 12, 2016, 10:19:22 PM
https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2016-07-12/denis-odoi-maakt-zijn-buitenlandse-droom-waar

Anyone care to translate?

I think it just points out that, although Odoi and de Sutter played together at Anderlecht, they won't be playing together at Lokeren, to where de Sutter has just moved from Bursapor, because Oboi won't be there because he is going to be at...little old Fulham.

DevonFFC

Quote from: cmg on July 12, 2016, 10:29:36 PM
Quote from: ollienixs on July 12, 2016, 10:19:22 PM
https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2016-07-12/denis-odoi-maakt-zijn-buitenlandse-droom-waar

Anyone care to translate?

I think it just points out that, although Odoi and de Sutter played together at Anderlecht, they won't be playing together at Lokeren, to where de Sutter has just moved from Bursapor, because Oboi won't be there because he is going to be at...little old Fulham.

Many thanks for that

cmg

Quote from: Swiss72 on July 12, 2016, 10:26:02 PM
Unfortunately S Guirassy is about to sign for FC Koeln in Germany. This is according to l Equipe which is a usually reliable source.

Pity.
As you say L'Equipe is a pretty sensible paper. Shame we have nothing like it over here.

ealex40

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 12, 2016, 05:43:13 PM
Would love this one to come off. French Under 20 striker with a good scoring record already. 8 in 16 for Auxerre most recently. Come on Fulham! Ready made Dembele replacement.

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-report-france-under-20-starlet-sehrou-guirassy-being-eyed-championship-rivals

Sehrou Guirassy played for France in the recent Toulon Tournament, beaten in the Final by England. This is the event that Cauley Woodrow took part in, although he did not play in the final. Guirassy scored 3 goals in the tournament and hopefully he will join us and Woodrow may remember him and take him under his wing. He is just 20 years old and is  6ft 2inches tall. Unfortunately, I read that Arsenal are also tracking him, so given the choice we all know who will wind up getting him.

HillingdonFFC

Very hard to figure out those translations but looks as if Galatasaray may have signed Thomas Delaney

TWFL

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 13, 2016, 12:34:58 AM
Very hard to figure out those translations but looks as if Galatasaray may have signed Thomas Delaney
No surprise we didn't get him if they were in the chase.

..FOF..

Yet to sign, Ale Faurlin, was featured heavily throughout our Preston North End game.

He started both halves of the game and according to reports, had a big impact playing in a more advanced midfield role.

source: http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2016/7/12/12163282/13-goals-scored-3-clean-sheets---fulham-on-fire-in-pre-season

Hoppus

NEWS: transfer Denis ODOI to @FulhamFC = official. @KSCLokeren gets -besides a fee- bonuses for x starts and ev. promotion. @hlnsport #ffc

Fingers crossed that we need to pay them a promotion bonus :)

Bronaldinho

Quote from: ..FOF.. on July 13, 2016, 01:31:09 AM
Yet to sign, Ale Faurlin, was featured heavily throughout our Preston North End game.

He started both halves of the game and according to reports, had a big impact playing in a more advanced midfield role.

source: http://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2016/7/12/12163282/13-goals-scored-3-clean-sheets---fulham-on-fire-in-pre-season

Thanks for sharing the article!

Interesting to note about Faurlin is that his agent claimed he was in talks rather than being on a 'trial'.

We shall see, sounds like he lacks match fitness but his control and distribution was eye-catching.

Also can read these articles on the blog, the link to that is in my bio :) OR at the bottom of the SB Nation article.

Thanks for sharing and reading :)
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Hoppus

Swiss72

@TransferCentreL: Norwich City have made a bid worth in the region of £13m for Fulham striker Ross McCormack.

My feeling is we will sell him. Just waiting for the best offer. We have not issued a "hands-off" message. And I struggle at this stage to see where the goals will come from.

TWFL

Quote from: Hoppus on July 13, 2016, 09:22:52 AM
Norwich bid for McCormack. Not good :|

Norwich City have made a £13m bid for Fulham striker Ross McCormack.

Stick or twist time Fulham. Have we got the balls to say no.

Mince n Tatties

I dont think we will sell him.
Madness if we do,no matter how much we get,unless we have someone
lined up who can bag 20+ a season..