Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 13, 2016, 09:27:49 AM
I dont think we will sell him.
Madness if we do,no matter how much we get,unless we have someone
lined up who can bag 20+ a season..
Quote from: Hoppus on July 13, 2016, 09:22:52 AM
Norwich bid for McCormack. Not good :|

A reminder of a snap poll I did last week on twitter. Every player has a price

FulhamStu

I really don't want to sell McCormack however, £13million and 30 years old says we would be crazy to ignore this. It would sort out the FFP and give Jok/Rigg freedom in the market to get who they want.  HOWEVER and this is the thing.  I don't think Mccormack suits the style Jokanovic wants to play.  I think he wants to play high tempo, pressing, fast on the break with Width.  The 2 new guys will give pace and width and Mccormack will not keep up and slow things down.  The key is, if we sell, can we replace with this fast central striker required.  If you like compare it with Burnley selling their main striker and buying the best striker in the league from Brentford for £9million, they did OK didn't they.

TWFL

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 13, 2016, 09:49:42 AM
I really don't want to sell McCormack however, £13million and 30 years old says we would be crazy to ignore this. It would sort out the FFP and give Jok/Rigg freedom in the market to get who they want.  HOWEVER and this is the thing.  I don't think Mccormack suits the style Jokanovic wants to play.  I think he wants to play high tempo, pressing, fast on the break with Width.  The 2 new guys will give pace and width and Mccormack will not keep up and slow things down.  The key is, if we sell, can we replace with this fast central striker required.  If you like compare it with Burnley selling their main striker and buying the best striker in the league from Brentford for £9million, they did OK didn't they.
Sadly, and I'm a really big McCormack fan, but I think this is the case. £13m for a 30 year old is a cracking deal for a Championship club with ever lessening parachute payments. I think he's gone.

Wearethewhites

If we've a stonewall replacement then yes, I'd take 13 million, won't get that sort of money again, no guarantee's he'll be as prolific this season, or will fit Jokanovics formation.

However..

If we sell without a stonewall replacement, we need our heads checked. No other striker at the club with his calibre, or can get the goals. We've not even replaced Dembele yet, and there's no guarantee's that Woodrow/Humphreys will step up, Smith won't last.

Riverside

There is no doubt that if the buy out clause is £13 mn we would sell McCormack . And if the wages are more he would go .
Our views will not enter into the discussion .

We need to focus on who comes in with that money .

It would give the budget for Jokanovic to build his team ....

If it happens let it happen now not the end of August !

Northern Cottager

Completely agree with most above. We may need him but for £13m we can buy a more than adequate replacement. If however we opt to rely on Smith, Woodrow and Aluko we're absolutely crazy.

f321ffc

Alexander Vereecken
1h
Alexander Vereecken‏ @AlexVereecken
Denis #Odoi talks about his transfer to @FulhamFC .He will join his new teammates on friday. @sportwereld_be #FFC

sms'to me to deep in the night,  my choice was fulham.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

HillingdonFFC

Had a ready made replacement in Gayle who I have on good authority wanted to stay in the South and was keen to come to us.
Love McCormack but 13 million quid for a 30 yr old is very tempting. The only problem is do we trust the present regime to spend it wisely?, thats the problem.
We could've got Gayle, Delaney, McDonald for that kind of money

westcliff white

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 13, 2016, 10:52:20 AM
Had a ready made replacement in Gayle who I have on good authority wanted to stay in the South and was keen to come to us.
Love McCormack but 13 million quid for a 30 yr old is very tempting. The only problem is do we trust the present regime to spend it wisely?, thats the problem.
We could've got Gayle, Delaney, McDonald for that kind of money
COuld have yes, but Delaney has gone to Gala possibly lure of european football swayed him there over us, we dont know if we bid for Gayle but if he really wanted to stay down south surely his agent was seeing who was interested rather than jumping over the forst confirmed bid made as for McDonald apparently bids accepotebd accoridng to Kenny Jackett but he didnt say which clubs hopefully us.

If we sell McCorrmack for 13 million then we need to spend at least half getting a striker in, just my view.
Every day is a Fulham day

Bronaldinho

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/13/price-issue-for-ross-mccormack-move/

That's the latest article on the move.

What's worse is that we are 'linked' with Jay Simpson at the end of the article haha!
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

AnEssexFan

Whilst I'd hate to see ross go, £13m for a 30 year old championship player would be great business. But then we get on to the subject of his replacement.

I've seen posts on here saying we're going for Bamford and Unal on loan. Two very good young forwards, owned by premier league clubs who have no interest in playing them.

Do we want to bring these in on loan, or do we give Woodrow a chance? Personally I'd love to see Woodrow given a chance in a pacey and mobile attack such as yesterdays. I think it would also show our up and coming youngsters such as sessegnon that if they stick with the club then they'll get their chance to have first team football, whereas bringing in a loan signing ahead of Woodrow would basically be a kick in the teeth to our promising academy players.
@leightonrw07

Wolf

I was in the 26% 'no sell' category because we've not even replaced Dembele.

Goals are the hardest commodity to buy and I do not rate Woodrow or Smith.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

twang

I'd be OK with Cameron Jerome plus, say, ~£5m for Ross.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: twang on July 13, 2016, 11:47:50 AM

You mean Cameron Jerome the guy who missed sitter after
sitter last season to get Norwich relegated....No thanks.

AnEssexFan

Just seen this on twitter:

Fulham have accepted a bid from West Brom to offload Ross McCormack #FFC #Fulham #WBA https://t.co/nMOcXaqG0R
@leightonrw07

westcliff white

overall I would prefer him to go to another division / league if we are to sell
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AnEssexFan on July 13, 2016, 11:49:59 AM
Just seen this on twitter:

Fulham have accepted a bid from West Brom to offload Ross McCormack #FFC #Fulham #WBA https://t.co/nMOcXaqG0R

Another Twitter fairytale????????

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 13, 2016, 11:49:33 AM

Cameron Jerome?? Dear oh dear, I'd think I'll lose the will to live if that happens

twang

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 13, 2016, 11:49:33 AM

Yep, the very same player that fired them into the Premier League in the first place. Which is what we aim to do, not stay in a league we're no longer a part of.

rusty shackleford

Maybe Ross will sign another 4 year contract like he does every time he's linked with someone