more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: MJG on July 14, 2016, 12:13:19 PM
For those who want to get rid of the fee try this..... Don't watch, read, listen or use on he the Web for anything that is BBC related for a week.
You will realise for all its faults it's still good value.

+1
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Snibbo

For those who want to get rid of the fee try this..... Don't watch, read, listen or use on he the Web for anything that is BBC related for a week.
The ABC over here in Australia has been neutered.  Our media is dominated by Murdoch.  It's not a good situation for democracy to have one biased voice dominating the media.  Treasure your BBC whilst you can.  Most countries would love to have it

Bronaldinho

Quote from: JudgeBread on July 14, 2016, 08:55:40 AM
Ashkan Dejagah on a free? Been let go from his Qatari club despite being player of the season.

Now that would be something.

Although they were paying him £100,000 a week.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Holders

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 14, 2016, 12:21:27 PM

+1

Totally agree, there's nothing to touch it and I hardly watch anything else.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Two Ton Ted

Never ever bloody anything ever.

Oakeshott

"If they get Bentley for a modest fee and we then end up with the player relegated to second choice, we really will have done something wrong"

Which is the better goalkeeper now (as distinct to which may be the better long term option) is a matter of judgement and it is reasonable for there to be different opinions. Assuming we have been on the look out for a keeper, no reason to think we could not have rivalled Brentford for Bentley's signature - that we seem not to have done so suggests our folk didn't particularly rate him.

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2016, 12:30:33 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on July 14, 2016, 12:24:20 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/14/fulham-target-brentford-keeper-button/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

If they get Bentley for a modest fee and we then end up with the player relegated to second choice, we really will have done something wrong  fp.gif

I think it's more that he has been refusing to sign a new contract for weeks/months, and so they had no choice but to go for Bentley.

As for Amorebieta - I couldn't care if he was wanted by Real Madrid.... I'd still want rid of him. Too often near clumsy red cards or penalties. I still shudder about the sheer incompetence of the one he gave away at Reading.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

westcliff white

Quote from: Chesh on July 14, 2016, 12:38:29 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2016, 12:30:33 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on July 14, 2016, 12:24:20 PM
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/14/fulham-target-brentford-keeper-button/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

If they get Bentley for a modest fee and we then end up with the player relegated to second choice, we really will have done something wrong  fp.gif

I think it's more that he has been refusing to sign a new contract for weeks/months, and so they had no choice but to go for Bentley.

As for Amorebieta - I couldn't care if he was wanted by Real Madrid.... I'd still want rid of him. Too often near clumsy red cards or penalties. I still shudder about the sheer incompetence of the one he gave away at Reading.
Brentford registered an interest in Bentley last summer but southend wouldnt sell, SOuthend believe they will getnorth of 500k for bentley and hope to get over a million, however likely that is I dont know these tribunals seem very random
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Snibbo on July 14, 2016, 12:24:04 PM
The ABC over here in Australia has been neutered.  Our media is dominated by Murdoch.  It's not a good situation for democracy to have one biased voice dominating the media.  Treasure your BBC whilst you can.  Most countries would love to have it

The PBS and NPR here in The States are always have to deal with threats to their funding. The especially seem to be under threat from conservatives because of their supposed left leaning bias. I take advantage of their value often and don't find them that far left of unbiased in most instances.

These kinds of services are treasures to be kept and protected. I agree.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Chesh

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2016, 01:07:34 PM
As for Amorebieta you're entitled to your opinion. my point is just that aitor karanka, rafa benitiz (allegedly) and zinedine zidane (in your scenario) all disagree with it. nuff said really
Think the 'nuff said' is a bit unwarranted.

Karanka doesn't want him back (he's seen enough according to my Boro mate (as have the fans), and Zidane (to my knowledge) has never given a public opinion on him. That leaves Benitez (who may or may not have seen him play).

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

copthornemike

James Husband ruled out for the start of the season with Boro - requires shoulder surgery following an injury picked up in a friendly - which would appear to rule out any interest FFC might have had in trying to get him back.

With Kalas moving to us on loan as well is it possible they might try to sign Amore again as cover?

Texas White

Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2016, 01:57:09 PM
Quote from: Chesh on July 14, 2016, 01:40:00 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 14, 2016, 01:07:34 PM
As for Amorebieta you're entitled to your opinion. my point is just that aitor karanka, rafa benitiz (allegedly) and zinedine zidane (in your scenario) all disagree with it. nuff said really
Think the 'nuff said' is a bit unwarranted.

Karanka doesn't want him back (he's seen enough according to my Boro mate (as have the fans), and Zidane (to my knowledge) has never given a public opinion on him. That leaves Benitez (who may or may not have seen him play).

don't get me wrong i'm 50:50 about the guy sometimes

i've no idea if benitez has seen him either but if that HITC article is true then i'd just think it odd that he can't get into our team but yet newcastle (surely the strongest team in the division) are interested

remember boro already took him on loan twice so they must have liked him after the first one. not surprised they're not interested now they've gone up because now theyre probably looking at much higher calibre players than we are

He reminds me of Senderos... And I always liked his commitment. Just not the calamities that often followed!!!

rusty shackleford

Madl Odoi Kalas Aluko Ayite

We love a good weird name

Throw in Faurlin and/or McDonald and things would be starting to take shape.

Cant believe i am looking forward to us again, after the last few years

westcliff white

To temper that, a lot of the guys on this board said the same thing last year after our signings, the got on their backs as we struggled.

We need to temper or enthusiasm and expectations rather than think these guys will take us up, no one has said that I know but as fans it's natural to think things will be better with new FA es (same as most did last year)
Every day is a Fulham day

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: westcliff white on July 14, 2016, 04:47:43 PM
To temper that, a lot of the guys on this board said the same thing last year after our signings, the got on their backs as we struggled.

We need to temper or enthusiasm and expectations rather than think these guys will take us up, no one has said that I know but as fans it's natural to think things will be better with new FA es (same as most did last year)

I agree. Reserving judgement but hoping for the best. Some of these players have never played in the UK so may take some time to adapt. I just hope Slav can work out his best team in the first few games as there was way too much tinkering for my taste since he's been boss. Must make it difficult as a defender playing alongside different players every week. Hoping we can have a settled (core) team as that is always the route to success (see Leicester)
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Lighthouse

Yes I said the same somewhere else. But the big difference is we are bringing in players with pace. Just hoping not to have fear of relegation.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

zander

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 14, 2016, 05:03:58 PM

Yes I said the same somewhere else. But the big difference is we are bringing in players with pace. Just hoping not to have fear of relegation.

Agree completely.

Although I was reasonably happy with the signings last year I can't say that I saw an identity being implemented. We brought in solid players at certain positions and it just didn't click together. This year we're adding a lot of pace and width which can only be beneficial. If we have a consistent and entertaining side I'll be happy enough and we can build from there.

Ordar

So I reckon Kalas will play RB, Oboi LB with Madl and Stearman at CB.

Midfield of Faulin, LVC and Cairney

Ayite, McCormack and Aluko up top

Probably a new keeper to come in.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: Bronaldinho on July 14, 2016, 12:27:04 PM
Quote from: JudgeBread on July 14, 2016, 08:55:40 AM
Ashkan Dejagah on a free? Been let go from his Qatari club despite being player of the season.

Now that would be something.

Although they were paying him £100,000 a week.

Unreal player. Would dominate the Championship. Gutted we lost him after relegation.