watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

last indication we had an interest in McCarthy was on Twitter dated 5/7/16 for what it is worth.

We all know most ITK's on twitter are worthless
Every day is a Fulham day

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: westcliff white on July 15, 2016, 12:40:34 PM
Quote from: Chutney on July 15, 2016, 12:32:21 PM
Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on July 15, 2016, 12:29:26 PM
Quote from: Chutney on July 15, 2016, 12:24:03 PM
Button will be #2. Like Lonergan last year, signed as cover. Its a good move as we now have cover if Bettinelli should he get injured.

Don't see him signing to be a number 2. If he comes it will be because he's been told he's first choice.

I'm sure he's been told he will be competing for the first team spot, but 100% Betts will start the season ahead of him, joka is a big fan of betts!
Not having a go, but how do you know Joka is a big fan of Betts? I don't know if he is or isn't, or if Betts has been told he will be number 2 as some have said on the board, just curious.

As long as Betts becomes commanding then he should be number 1 for sure, if he doesn't I think its open to debate. Last year he came back in because he and Lonners were much of a muchness but if we got a good experienced commanding keeper then I don't know if Betts would be number 1

Agree with this. I don't think Slav was impressed with either keeper. Pretty sure a new number 1 is coming whether it be Button or someone else. Neither keeper was commanding, both let in so many goals from range too. Need to try a new keeper.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

PokerMatt

Really don't think our defence can start to improve until we get a better keeper.

We can pretty much trace the decline of our defence to when Schwarzer left. He had his issues, but commanding his area was not one of them. We've since had a string of keepers who don't come off their line, barely talk to their defence and regularly flap at crosses. I like Betts, but he's not there yet.

A new keeper is a huge priority, for me.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Riversider

The daft thing is David Bentley is a very highly rated keeper, hence the reason why Brentford are seemingly allowing Button to move on,
So therefore then why didn't we sign Buttons replacement for £500k ? Surely that would have made more sense ,
QPR and Brentford have all done some good business recently at very low cost, Bidwell to QPR £1.2 m Cousins to QPR £1.3 m and Bentley to Brentford £500 k , that's 3 good players who all could have done a job for us and only around £3 million spent ! Good work by both clubs.

TrexFFC

We also got Kalas on a loan who I would argue is better than any of those other players.

westcliff white

Bentley is a very good keeper seen a lot him the last 3 seasons, SUFC turned down close on 2 million from QPR (with add ons) to keep him last season. He is out of contract, SUFC hope to get 750 minimum for him form the tribunal, but estimate is anywhere between 500k and 1.5 million, they did turn down the QPR bid which helps them. But even for 1.5 million he would be a good signing for anyone

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Riversider on July 15, 2016, 01:23:32 PM
The daft thing is David Bentley is a very highly rated keeper, hence the reason why Brentford are seemingly allowing Button to move on,
So therefore then why didn't we sign Buttons replacement for £500k ? Surely that would have made more sense ,
QPR and Brentford have all done some good business recently at very low cost, Bidwell to QPR £1.2 m Cousins to QPR £1.3 m and Bentley to Brentford £500 k , that's 3 good players who all could have done a job for us and only around £3 million spent ! Good work by both clubs.

You say that but I'd argue Kalas and Madl are better than all 3. We still have a long way to go and I'm not overly enthusiastic about the keeper coming in but credit where it's due. So far we haven't done too bad without splashing the cash
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

mkras99

Jacob Murtagh (@jacobmurtagh)
7/15/16, 8:38 AM
Brentford have already rejected a couple of bids for Button. Fulham and Bees still negotiating mirror.co.uk/sport/football...

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: mkras99 on July 15, 2016, 01:48:13 PM
Jacob Murtagh (@jacobmurtagh)
7/15/16, 8:38 AM
Brentford have already rejected a couple of bids for Button. Fulham and Bees still negotiating mirror.co.uk/sport/football...

Apparently will cost us 2m. At that price there is no way we would be buying him as a number 2. Would make him our most expensive purchase since Cairney.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on July 15, 2016, 02:35:31 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on July 15, 2016, 11:04:31 AM
We have now signed 3 defenders so those saying we are not improving in that area are really saying we have not bought in the right type of defender.  You don't get much bigger than Burn and that was not the answer so I think  Jokanovic is looking for players more comfortable on the ball athletic and quicker. 
I don't disagree mate, I am just saying that I think we have improved the defence.   As you say a big strong no5 and an upgrade to the keeper and job done.

Burn may have been tall but he was still very weak. Add to that he was incredibly slow, and generally just poor all round to be honest. I still firmly believe we need at least one big, strong CB in this division, and i'm not persuaded otherwise by the fact that the last tall CB was relatively poor in every other respect. 
See above, I agree a big strong no5 would be excellent.  I am just saying I think so far, we have improved the defence and I think Joka is looking to make the hole team quicker, more athletic and better quality.

Mince n Tatties

Get the 6 million out for Marshall,top keeper.

westcliff white

mkras99

Kevin McDonald starting for Wolves in today's friendly.  Assume that means his move to us is off, but who knows.

From Wolves reporter:

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star  1m1 minute ago
A surprise start for Kevin McDonald then. His prospective switch to Fulham very much still up in the air.

westcliff white

Jackett said the other day gone quiet while things are sorted out on interested parties side and McDonalds, but he will go to Ireland and he will play

mike_corkcity12

From my reading McDonald seems to have a poor attitude, wouldn't be devastated to miss out on him. Hopefully our second choice isn't the likes of Matilla again!!

ealex40

Can't get too enthused about McDonald. He's had a year to weigh up a move to play for us, so probably better if we look for someone who'll want to join us.
Don't want us to spin our wheels like last season with Lewis Dunk. 049:gif

Lighthouse

Richards is in Cardiff for the usual. Malone has already agreed terms etc and we are just waiting on Cardiff pushing through swap for Richards.

All a bit odd as Malone will be back up at LB. While Richards is a Euro Cup squad star and our number one RB. Oh hold on. Too late to try and up the price. Oh well a fair swap then if it happens.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2016, 08:20:48 PM
Richards is in Cardiff for the usual. Malone has already agreed terms etc and we are just waiting on Cardiff pushing through swap for Richards.

All a bit odd as Malone will be back up at LB. While Richards is a Euro Cup squad star and our number one RB. Oh hold on. Too late to try and up the price. Oh well a fair swap then if it happens.

It's a weird one as I feel these decisions are what stopped the likes of Hyndman coming through. We already had Parker Tunnicliffe LVC and signed Cairney, then we signed Ohara and that wasn't enough, we had to get matilla and completely block the path through for emmo. And even then we brought in Ince on loan.

This could do the same for Sessengon who looks really classy and good enough to be the under study to odoi especially as we have Ream as backup. I won't include Kavanagh as imo he isn't a contender. But getting Malone makes him effectively 4th choice I'd imagine and I'm not sure that's the right way to go again.

I think you're right that Malone will be backup to Odoi. The only reason I see the deal making sense is personal reasons. Malone was at Millwall prior to Cardiff so he gets a move back to London, Richards likewise to Wales.

Other than that it's a bit of a pointless trade on the face of it. But no doubt Cardiff fans who have seen him play possibly twice or so against us will believe he is amazing thanks to his Wales cameos in qualifying.

I've also been told Jazz is one of the so called bad eggs that were damaging to team morale around the camp, if that's the case it will be a big improvement to the squad if this Malone lad is a good team player with the right attitude. Either way I don't think many will miss Jazz, he was poor for us.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 15, 2016, 08:36:56 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2016, 08:20:48 PM

It's a weird one as I feel these decisions are what stopped the likes of Hyndman coming through. We already had Parker Tunnicliffe LVC and signed Cairney, then we signed Ohara and that wasn't enough, we had to get matilla and completely block the path through for emmo. And even then we brought in Ince on loan.

This could do the same for Sessengon who looks really classy and good enough to be the under study to odoi especially as we have Ream as backup. I won't include Kavanagh as imo he isn't a contender. But getting Malone makes him effectively 4th choice I'd imagine and I'm not sure that's the right way to go again.

I think you're right that Malone will be backup to Odoi. The only reason I see the deal making sense is personal reasons. Malone was at Millwall prior to Cardiff so he gets a move back to London, Richards likewise to Wales.

Other than that it's a bit of a pointless trade on the face of it. But no doubt Cardiff fans who have seen him play possibly twice or so against us will believe he is amazing thanks to his Wales cameos in qualifying.

I've also been told Jazz is one of the so called bad eggs that were damaging to team morale around the camp, if that's the case it will be a big improvement to the squad if this Malone lad is a good team player with the right attitude. Either way I don't think many will miss Jazz, he was poor for us.

With all the other problems over the last few seasons Richards got away lightly regards his performances for us.

I may be telling you all something you already know but frankly he never played a good game from the start as far as I remember and any time the team needed to stand up and fight and he was on the pitch, he went missing.

So its good riddance from me !