Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 15, 2016, 09:26:27 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 15, 2016, 08:36:56 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2016, 08:20:48 PM
Richards is in Cardiff for the usual. Malone has already agreed terms etc and we are just waiting on Cardiff pushing through swap for Richards.

All a bit odd as Malone will be back up at LB. While Richards is a Euro Cup squad star and our number one RB. Oh hold on. Too late to try and up the price. Oh well a fair swap then if it happens.

It's a weird one as I feel these decisions are what stopped the likes of Hyndman coming through. We already had Parker Tunnicliffe LVC and signed Cairney, then we signed Ohara and that wasn't enough, we had to get matilla and completely block the path through for emmo. And even then we brought in Ince on loan.

This could do the same for Sessengon who looks really classy and good enough to be the under study to odoi especially as we have Ream as backup. I won't include Kavanagh as imo he isn't a contender. But getting Malone makes him effectively 4th choice I'd imagine and I'm not sure that's the right way to go again.

I think you're right that Malone will be backup to Odoi. The only reason I see the deal making sense is personal reasons. Malone was at Millwall prior to Cardiff so he gets a move back to London, Richards likewise to Wales.

Other than that it's a bit of a pointless trade on the face of it. But no doubt Cardiff fans who have seen him play possibly twice or so against us will believe he is amazing thanks to his Wales cameos in qualifying.

I've also been told Jazz is one of the so called bad eggs that were damaging to team morale around the camp, if that's the case it will be a big improvement to the squad if this Malone lad is a good team player with the right attitude. Either way I don't think many will miss Jazz, he was poor for us.

With all the other problems over the last few seasons Richards got away lightly regards his performances for us.

I may be telling you all something you already know but frankly he never played a good game from the start as far as I remember and any time the team needed to stand up and fight and he was on the pitch, he went missing.

So its good riddance from me !

Now that you mention it, you are very observant about Richards, I have seen better footballers on a Sunday morning, a mediocre but over rated player. I use to think it was Stephen Kelly in disguise.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

He didn't have enough bottle when the going got tough.  It's ok doing your bit for Wales when you have good players to carry you and everyone associated is hunky dory.  But you're right Bill,  we were fighting for our lives most of his time here and he never stood up,  took responsibility and made the difference. He clearly has the ability as he showed for Wales but he is the prime example of a passenger, dead wood, lack of character that made us such a sh1t team. Ability isn't half the issue with this one imo
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Hoppus

Roumours on Twitter:

'Fulham getting a new signing in tomorrow, Mr Kahn is spending money I have been told £££'

westcliff white

Can't remember the last time we announced a player over the weekend
Every day is a Fulham day

Walsh

DevonFFC

Quote from: Hoppus on July 15, 2016, 10:12:41 PM
Roumours on Twitter:

'Fulham getting a new signing in tomorrow, Mr Kahn is spending money I have been told £££'

I call bullsh1t. But by all means prove me wrong old chap

Hoppus

No idea, source is 'Shaun Lewis Walker' on Twitter.

Fulhamerica23

Heard it's a swap deal for Alexi Sanchez with Smith going the other way.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 15, 2016, 11:11:03 PM

Always felt Smith never got a fair run in the team..........
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Porthogs FC

I'm a believer - so I'll hang on to the notification that big signings are coming. Grey anyone?

fulhamben

Woolly will have a break down
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 16, 2016, 12:56:45 AM
Woolly will have a break down

All of a sudden I am not feeling well.

Never forget your Roots.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Hoppus on July 15, 2016, 10:48:39 PM
No idea, source is 'Shaun Lewis Walker' on Twitter.

Shawn posts on this board. Nice guy but just like us he's a fan and not a club insider/ journo

westcliff white

As I said before cant ever remember us announcing a signing on a weekend, but my memory is terrible
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2016, 08:34:04 AM
As I said before cant ever remember us announcing a signing on a weekend, but my memory is terrible
good point, do the fa even work at the weekends, isn't this one of the reason the windows never shuts on one
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on July 15, 2016, 05:19:37 PM
no Scottish keeper is worth 6 million lol

Dont know about that,him and Mcgregor better than the comedian in
our National shirt..

Mince n Tatties

Norwich now join Newcastle with bid for Greg Hanley.

Mince n Tatties

Have we spent any money on our signings?
Or are they all out of contracts and loanees?
Will we see a major big money signing,with the treasure chest that was apparently
mentioned available to Joka.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2016, 09:36:59 AM
Will we see a major big money signing,with the treasure chest that was apparently

I doubt it, but you live in hope.
My understanding is the Treasure Chest they were talking about is walking round on the front of Christina Hendricks.

Never forget your Roots.

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2016, 09:36:59 AM
Apart from Aluko who was out of contract, and Kalas who was a loan, the rest are all paid for.