https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Zu-Meister on July 16, 2016, 09:42:08 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2016, 09:36:59 AM
Have we spent any money on our signings?
Or are they all out of contracts and loanees?
Will we see a major big money signing,with the treasure chest that was apparently
mentioned available to Joka.
Apart from Aluko who was out of contract, and Kalas who was a loan, the rest are all paid for.

I can confirm that is correct, they were all paid for, the amount Totaled 10 shillings and sixpence, plus two sheep and a goat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2016, 09:39:31 AM
Will we see a major big money signing,with the treasure chest that was apparently

I doubt it, but you live in hope.
My understanding is the Treasure Chest they were talking about is walking round on the front of Christina Hendricks.

lol....

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2016, 09:47:14 AM
Apart from Aluko who was out of contract, and Kalas who was a loan, the rest are all paid for.

I can confirm that is correct, they were all paid for, the amount Totaled 10 shillings and sixpence, plus two sheep and a goat.
I think you may have forgotten to add the VAT.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2016, 10:34:06 AM
Very hard to find news about us now we're down in this cr@p league but based on what I've read (mostly on here) over the last few weeks my guess is Madl, Ayite and Odoi cost about £4m altogether

Certainly no more than we got for Mitroglou, not to mention Stekelenburg, Hyndman and Dembele

I was expecting a net spend of £10m+ and currently I reckon it's about -£3m

We've made a few canny deals but Khan hasn't put his money where his mouth is yet, that's for sure

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes at MP, we may have bid bigish money for a player that may have turned us down now that we are as you say "In this cr@p league".
Do you think a player of the Chris Coleman caliber would now come come to this club under the present regime, I don't think so.
Still there is plenty of time in the transfer window and as we all know there's normally lots of movement in the last week.

@jolslover

Why do people act like the amount of money we've spent means anything? We have got in good players if anything its a bonus that we have managed to do it without spending a lot of money.
STH H3

bill taylors apprentice

Very hard to find news about us now we're down in this cr@p league but based on what I've read (mostly on here) over the last few weeks my guess is Madl, Ayite and Odoi cost about £4m altogether

Certainly no more than we got for Mitroglou, not to mention Stekelenburg, Hyndman and Dembele

We've made a few canny deals but Khan hasn't put his money where his mouth is yet, that's for sure

Ditto!

J.Perkins

Do you ever think that Khan may be investing heavily in the club itself, and that securing decent players doesn't need a big outlay. Look at Grabban, he cost £8m, and is distinctively average.

cmg

Apparently we have a training match at Tottenham's place this morning (presumably football - not pool):

"Alberto Escobar ‏@alberto18ef  2h2 hours ago Fulham FC Training Ground
Meeting Pre Match vs Tottenham 12.30pm
"

Interesting illustration of our new 'musical chairs' selection policy. 11chairs - first 11 sitting down get to start.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2016, 12:08:58 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on July 16, 2016, 11:54:42 AM

Do you ever think that Khan may be investing heavily in the club itself, and that securing decent players doesn't need a big outlay. Look at Grabban, he cost £8m, and is distinctively average.

The guy is a multi-billionaire enjoying the best exchange rate for 30 yrs who's basically f-ed up the club so my expectation is he'll spend EVERYWHERE he can to remedy that, not only on the team or only on infrastructure

However he's shelved the Riverside for at least another year so clearly he isn't spending on infrastructure, so that only leaves the team anyway

Yes of course I accept securing decent players doesn't always need a good outlay but generally if you want quality it will cost you.

Players like that Italian goalkeeper (gollini), grant Hanley and Gayle are being signed right now by clubs who are prepared to pay for them and we are sitting here, no doubt haggling over an extra £250k for Kevin McDoinald

in any case the point is currently we've still signed NO ONE in the key positions.
it's a team game, every position is key
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alexmur

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on July 15, 2016, 11:11:03 PM
Heard it's a swap deal for Alexi Sanchez with Smith going the other way.
lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2016, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on July 16, 2016, 11:37:56 AM
Why do people act like the amount of money we've spent means anything? We have got in good players if anything its a bonus that we have managed to do it without spending a lot of money.

Because it's less than 3 weeks until the season starts and we're still weak in the key areas, centre back, central midfield, and arguably goalkeeper as well. And we haven't replaced Dembele. So we still need the whole spine of a team and they need to be quality.

If we manage to find high quality players in those positions in the next week or so, without spending a lot of money, then I'll be very happy of course.... seems unlikely to me however

I dont think we are distinctively lacking in CB or GK, would be nice to have improvements on Betts but not a necessity. Kalas and Madl is good enough. Agree we need a CM but were clearly targeting that? with Faurlin coming in and in talks with Mcdonald. I would be very surprised if we dont see a striker join in the next few weeks but why are people panicking.
STH H3

J.Perkins

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2016, 12:08:58 PM
Quote from: J.Perkins on July 16, 2016, 11:54:42 AM

The guy is a multi-billionaire enjoying the best exchange rate for 30 yrs who's basically f-ed up the club so my expectation is he'll spend EVERYWHERE he can to remedy that, not only on the team or only on infrastructure

However he's shelved the Riverside for at least another year so clearly he isn't spending on infrastructure, so that only leaves the team anyway

Yes of course I accept securing decent players doesn't always need a good outlay but generally if you want quality it will cost you.

Players like that Italian goalkeeper (gollini), grant Hanley and Gayle are being signed right now by clubs who are prepared to pay for them and we are sitting here, no doubt haggling over an extra £250k for Kevin McDoinald

in any case the point is currently we've still signed NO ONE in the key positions.

Our signings have been tactically astute, compared to previous windows. We've bought in areas that needed improving. We still have McCormack as the key player, but look at the recent success of recent clubs. None have had a key focal point, bar maybe Gray at Burnley. Just a decent squad.

And as for Khan's investments, can I direct you back to Christmas, and the impending embargo. This is because the club had spent too much money. You cannot question Khan's backing of the club, but you can question Mackintosh and Rigg, who run the club.

spikey norman

Yesterday's Mail suggesting we are interested in signing Sam Johnston a 23 year old goalkeeper from Man U on a season long loan.
Leeds and Forrest in for him too

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Statto on July 16, 2016, 01:52:51 PM
@jolslover i could be persuaded regarding bettinelli and macdonald but regarding CB we'll have to agree to disagree because for me that was priority no1 this summer and two more lightweights (madl, kalas) aren't the answer

j.perkins i don't know our exact financial situation but what i do know is this is our last year in receipt of parachute payments, £10m this year, and there are no more high earners to offload now stek and trog have gone. so it follows that next summer's budget will be £10m less than this one. So if what we've spent this summer, -£3m, really is the most khan is permitted to put into the club then i can only assume the business is operating at a huge loss (transfers aside) and next summer we'll have to raise £13m from player sales before we buy anyone, just to avoid another embargo 
I was under the impression that the Chairman Could put into the club an extra 33 million over and above what the club earns over the next 3 years.

westcliff white

the rules do change this coming year and switches to a 3 year rolling I think, but not an expert
Every day is a Fulham day

rusty shackleford

Dan Burn is getting a slating from Wigan fans on twitter

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on July 16, 2016, 10:47:05 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2016, 09:47:14 AM

I think you may have forgotten to add the VAT.

Of course I must not forget the Vodka and Tonic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

According to a BBC tweet the Jazz and Malone swap is near completion. Is that the signing mentioned on the tweet mentioned on this thread a few pages ago.

Or is it Hendricks and that's why the McDonald links have gone quiet
Every day is a Fulham day

Northern Cottager

Quote from: westcliff white on July 16, 2016, 08:26:00 PM
According to a BBC tweet the Jazz and Malone swap is near completion. Is that the signing mentioned on the tweet mentioned on this thread a few pages ago.

Or is it Hendricks and that's why the McDonald links have gone quiet

Amongst these 93 pages there is about 3 player rumours mentioned. The rest is clogged up back to back discussion about all sorts ...

f321ffc

From Cardiff forum.

NEW UPDATE ON JAZZ RICHARDS

Jazz Richards was at the Cardiff City training ground on Wednesday, he met the squad at the Vale and Paul Trollope before he underwent his medical.

Scott Malone's deal with Fulham has all been agreed but the left back won't make the move to London until City get everything finalised with the Richards deal.

I have not been told exactly what the hold up is except that City are still working to sort out some minor detail.

That suggests to me that it is not his medical that is a problem but likely to be connected to the finances of the deal.

Hopefully we get it done if it is right for the club.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional