watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

I sent a tweet to Alan Nixon and he has confirmed that the name he was referring to yesterday was Steve Mounie
Every day is a Fulham day

Mitch

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2016, 08:30:55 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 28, 2016, 08:10:34 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2016, 07:21:37 AM
Apparently they second richest after Man City.

They're not rich; their owner is rich

But then if you rank all clubs by how rich their owners are, we're also right up there, "richer" than most of the big premiership clubs and far "richer" than we were under al Fayed

And look how it's turning out for us: likely to spend a third successive season with the only realistic objective being (based on signings so far) to avoid relegation to league one 090.gif 051

Stop bloody nit picking
Yes its their owner if it makes you happy.
Owner club what diff does it make, they got the money.

Quite a lot, especially in terms of FFP.

Mitch

Saw we've been linked with Waghorn from Rangers today; doesn't get the pulse racing that one. Hopefully he's a squad player at best, after all we probably need two strikers if Ross does eventually leave.

westcliff white

Alan Nixon also confirmed fee around 6 million

Bronaldinho

In the last 24 hours we've been linked with Eddy Silvestre, Alex Fernandez and Steve Mounie.

All relatively unknown qualities it would seems even if Fernandez spent last season on loan at Reading.

Seems like Silvestre is a bit of a gamble and is seen as a bit of a mercurial talent - if he can perform consistently, he could be a diamond in the rough.

You can read about these signings on my blog 'The Craven Corner': thecravencorner.wordpress.com
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

westcliff white

The Steve Mounie rumour wouldnt be complete without an obligitry you tube clip so here goes.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8mhiTPg7rY

river phoenix

Steve Mounie, interesting. I cannot see single word about him leaving for Fulham on Montpellier forum, though. Montpellier is my favorite french club, btw.

He is a talented player, tall and reasonably quick (so he has a right physical characteristics for english football, imo), recently signed a new contract and is being touted as their starting striker for the new season. On the other hand, I don`t see him being valued at 6M pounds since he hasn`t played in League 1 yet.

Montpellier have a couple of interesting young players like Morgan Sanson (attacking mid), Casimir Ninga (forward) and Jerome Roussilon (left back).

fulhamben

Quote from: river phoenix on July 28, 2016, 09:55:05 AM
Steve Mounie, interesting. I cannot see single word about him leaving for Fulham on Montpellier forum, though. Montpellier is my favorite french club, btw.

He is a talented player, tall and reasonably quick (so he has a right physical characteristics for english football, imo), recently signed a new contract and is being touted as their starting striker for the new season. On the other hand, I don`t see him being valued at 6M pounds since he hasn`t played in League 1 yet.

Montpellier have a couple of interesting young players like Morgan Sanson (attacking mid), Casimir Ninga (forward) and Jerome Roussilon (left back).
I love this forum. No matter who a player is, or what team they play for. There is always someone on here who for some reason watches that team and knows the player. It's like a more accurate wiki page. :-)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

a few and i mean a few things on twitter nothing concrete, Alan Nixon said this was on the cards yesterday, respected journa 30k plus followers on twitter. I have asked him how far down the line it is,will update if / when he replies, he has though confirmed its Steve Mounie we are looking at and that the fee is around 6 million.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 28, 2016, 10:24:20 AM

I love this forum. No matter who a player is, or what team they play for. There is always someone on here who for some reason watches that team and knows the player. It's like a more accurate wiki page. :-)
The good thing for me is it makes good reading and sparks discussion and thats what forums are about. As most on here know I lived in Belgium for 3 years and every weekened went to wither a dutch or belgiam game and watch tons on TV, only thing to do when your alone and family back in the UK. But will refrain from giving an update on any players I know as it seems to irk you a little ben ;)

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on July 28, 2016, 10:35:55 AM

The good thing for me is it makes good reading and sparks discussion and thats what forums are about. As most on here know I lived in Belgium for 3 years and every weekened went to wither a dutch or belgiam game and watch tons on TV, only thing to do when your alone and family back in the UK. But will refrain from giving an update on any players I know as it seems to irk you a little ben ;)
Why would updates irk me?

Snibbo

I thought he said he loved it

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 28, 2016, 10:37:26 AM

It was said as a joke hence the winky smile, apologies if nto taken that way

howitis

Well if the you tube footage of Mountie is anything to go by he looks to have a few good attributes. Good close control, awareness, strong in the air. Doesn't look the quickest is certainly the right age and paying 6 million for an up and coming striker is positive news. We would need another 2 strikers in addition when Mc leaves.Would still love to see a really quick goal poaching forward to compliment what we have. I thought Gayle would have been perfect for us. Is anyone aware of any players like this in League 1/2 worth a punt ? Nakhi Wells from Championship ??

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on July 28, 2016, 10:47:08 AM

no apologies need, thought you miss interpreted my post

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 28, 2016, 10:49:15 AM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 28, 2016, 10:47:08 AM

no apologies need, thought you miss interpreted my post
no not at all knew it was meant how i took it feel a little embarassed now lol

westcliff white

Quote from: howitis on July 28, 2016, 10:49:11 AM
Well if the you tube footage of Mountie is anything to go by he looks to have a few good attributes. Good close control, awareness, strong in the air. Doesn't look the quickest is certainly the right age and paying 6 million for an up and coming striker is positive news. We would need another 2 strikers in addition when Mc leaves.Would still love to see a really quick goal poaching forward to compliment what we have. I thought Gayle would have been perfect for us. Is anyone aware of any players like this in League 1/2 worth a punt ? Nakhi Wells from Championship ??
You tube clips are what they are, but the 3rd goal the first header was very impressive, showing desire and a I will get that beofre anyone attitude.

Lower leagues is interesting, watcha lot of southend and there isnt anyone I oculd say stands out that I have seen striker wise. Left back Southend have a decent one in Ben Coker.

Gyale looked ok against SOuthend but didnt look like he would score at any time really, one shot blocked but that was it.

westcliff white

Quote from: westcliff white on July 28, 2016, 10:33:50 AM
a few and i mean a few things on twitter nothing concrete, Alan Nixon said this was on the cards yesterday, respected journa 30k plus followers on twitter. I have asked him how far down the line it is,will update if / when he replies, he has though confirmed its Steve Mounie we are looking at and that the fee is around 6 million.
Apparently both player and agent over at the strat of the week, the fee is agreed with Montpellier.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on July 28, 2016, 10:57:07 AM
Apparently both player and agent over at the strat of the week, the fee is agreed with Montpellier.
so just the dreaded Rigg effect to go

westcliff white

Quote from: westcliff white on July 28, 2016, 10:57:07 AM
He also thnks the medical has been done as well, so just terms?