https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LVBPTS

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 03, 2016, 09:45:16 AM
Quote from: Ron91 on August 03, 2016, 09:16:17 AM
Official Comment on the FFC site, we have accepted a bid from Aston Villa. Good Riddance, of course he did well for us over the last 2 years but i do not like a guy who signs several contracts then leaves.

Well said !
Totally agree

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Supporter since 2000

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

JoelH5

Apart from obvious talent, the difference between McCormack and Dembele...

McCormack knew he would be going soon but still signed a new contract. You may say that got him more money but what it also meant was that we were able to sell him for the fee we are..

Dembele.. The little scoper runs out his contract and leaves on a free. Kick in the preverbials
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Texas White

Quote from: corbs83 on August 03, 2016, 10:26:39 PM
Official Comment on the FFC site, we have accepted a bid from Aston Villa. Good Riddance, of course he did well for us over the last 2 years but i do not like a guy who signs several contracts then leaves.

Well said !
Totally agree

Behaved like a bad girlfriend.

rusty shackleford

This Jozabed lad has "hijacked by villa/Newcastle" written all over it

fulhamben

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 03, 2016, 11:07:28 PM
Yep my fears too. Hate it when we know early and it takes over a day. Although I doubt villa would come in before Ross was done as we could pull the plug. And Newcastle just bought Diame.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

f321ffc

Quote from: fulhamben on August 03, 2016, 11:24:12 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 03, 2016, 11:07:28 PM
Yep my fears too. Hate it when we know early and it takes over a day. Although I doubt villa would come in before Ross was done as we could pull the plug. And Newcastle just bought Diame.
ntonio Fuentes‏ @_antoniofuentes
The player arrived at midday to London and is having medical test today and tomorrow. The deal is done completely.
Calm down  051
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Asotosyios

Not an actual rumour, but I was going through Chelsea's huge squad and thought Piazon could be useful as a squad player for both wings. Any takers?

Mince n Tatties

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2016, 07:47:35 AM
Jamie O'hara at San Jose Earthquakes.

Not a very attractive name - who would want to play somewhere where the local team is called earthquakes

twang

Chutney

That is a lot of money for someone that only scored 11 in ligue 2 last season
C O Y W

Ordar

I don't mind what they spend on a player if Joka thinks that they are suited to the system he wants to play, and improves the team/squad. Transfer prices had gone insane this year

Newcastle have spend £43m apparently this summer, which is crazy (although they have made £48m in sales....)

JoelH5

Quote from: Texas White on August 03, 2016, 11:00:11 PM

Well said !
Totally agree

So you would have prefered he didn't sign a contract and left on a free like Dembele?

Get a grip. Him signing a contract has potentially made us £12 million..
I was there, standing in the Putney end

fulhamben

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 04, 2016, 09:04:19 AM
Quote from: Texas White on August 03, 2016, 11:00:11 PM

Well said !
Totally agree

So you would have prefered he didn't sign a contract and left on a free like Dembele?

Get a grip. Him signing a contract has potentially made us £12 million..
left on a free? He had longer than a two year contract when he signed did he not
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

toshes mate

I am betting that a) Jokanovic was pretty certain Ross wanted out all the way through; b) the idiots with the purse strings thought they could persuade him to stay because no one would offer the release clause fee written into the new contract; and c) Ross didn't get the anticipated vibe after the Villa bid that he was essential to Fulham's future because it never actually existed in the first place....  In other words the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing because neither are connected to a head.

Asotosyios

Quote from: toshes mate on August 04, 2016, 09:19:44 AM
I am betting that a) Jokanovic was pretty certain Ross wanted out all the way through; b) the idiots with the purse strings thought they could persuade him to stay because no one would offer the release clause fee written into the new contract; and c) Ross didn't get the anticipated vibe after the Villa bid that he was essential to Fulham's future because it never actually existed in the first place....  In other words the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing because neither are connected to a head.

I agree with a, but not with b and c.

As much as I like Ross, he always gave the impression that he wanted out or was after more and more money - that's the only way I can explain the 2 (or was it 3?) contract extensions in such a short period of time.

LVBPTS

Officially confirmed on the official

Supporter since 2000

twang

Quote from: corbs83 on August 04, 2016, 09:32:16 AM
Officially confirmed on the official

£12m deal according to Villa's official page, undisclosed fee according to Fulham's...