watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rusty shackleford

Well im glad thats over. At least it didnt happen on deadline day. Now we have a month to buy some decent replacements

rweller86

Love how Fulham have put it as an undisclosed fee but the Villa website states it as a club joint second highest fee at £12m. Wonder if Fulham agreed to the fee being disclosed?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@rweller

Delboy

So Ross completes his move to AV. Passes their medical and I assume will be available for their first game. Shows the club new he was off and kept him in cotton wool to make sure of the pay day. I just hope there are some good signings in the pipeline. If we are defeated by Newcastle tomorrow evening, the attending Khan might find out what this club means to us supporters. Hope he doesn't. 

BedsFFC

Quote from: corbs83 on August 04, 2016, 09:32:16 AM
Officially confirmed on the official

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

p

Great news. For the first time in a very long time we finally look lime we may play an attacking style. With the other signings and ones to come, we are starting to look like the sort of team that pushes the top end of table. I think villa fell into the same trap we did.

rusty shackleford

kempkong

It has never been disputed that if the money is reinvested and we get new players which suit joks style McCormacks goals can be replaced but if it's not we just sold out biggest asset and are left with two strikers who I doubt will get 15 goals between them. I hope I'm wrong but I'm not feeling as confident and happy about this as some others are not to mention we have to face McCormack twice this season now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lighthouse

Quote from: spikey norman on August 03, 2016, 02:23:44 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 02, 2016, 03:51:30 PM
Brighton are said to have agreed a club record fee for Spuds midfielder Alex Pritchard.
Sky Sports saying this deal has stalled as Norwich have come in with a late bid
Should we go for Pritchard?

Poor old Brighton as he officially signs for Norwich.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

ridiculous fee for Pritchard, not even sure he's completed a competitive 90mins since his injury for ENG u21's
touch my camera through the fence

Nero

Quote from: elgreenio on August 04, 2016, 10:18:21 AM
ridiculous fee for Pritchard, not even sure he's completed a competitive 90mins since his injury for ENG u21's

ridiculous fee for McCormack as well has he completed a pre season ever

Nero

McCormack must have wanted out between Villa and Norwich as a footballer who wanted Premier League football I would have gone to Norwich, told my agent to get on the phone to them and up their bid,  more likely to bounce back, got a team and a manager that have done it recently, Villa are in a worst state than us when we went down, I predict 15th for them

hopper

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 04, 2016, 09:51:03 AM

Great news. For the first time in a very long time we finally look lime we may play an attacking style. With the other signings and ones to come, we are starting to look like the sort of team that pushes the top end of table. I think villa fell into the same trap we did.

I can't help but agree with you, think there are quite a few unmotivated players at Aston Villa - and they may find it hard to get back up...

We badly needed an overhaul and it looks like Joka is doing that very well.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: toshes mate on August 04, 2016, 09:19:44 AM
I am betting that a) Jokanovic was pretty certain Ross wanted out all the way through; b) the idiots with the purse strings thought they could persuade him to stay because no one would offer the release clause fee written into the new contract; and c) Ross didn't get the anticipated vibe after the Villa bid that he was essential to Fulham's future because it never actually existed in the first place....  In other words the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing because neither are connected to a head.

Your a), b), c) seem pretty disconnected.

The club seemed to do the right thing by protecting their assists with a buyout clause at a price that they were willing to accept.

McCormack's record seems to show that he is a restless soul, a serial collector of signing on fees and improved contracts, moving sideways from club to club, never making progress up the ladder to the PL for example.

Steven Ageroad

McCormack's record seems to show that he is a restless soul, a serial collector of signing on fees and improved contracts, moving sideways from club to club, never making progress up the ladder to the PL for example.
[/quote]

Do you therefore think that when Ross returns to the Cottage with Villa, some Fulham supporters will chant the same as Leeds supporters did when they played here, "Whose a greedy b@st@rd".

Tooting legend

We have the Spanish lad Ruiz coming in, plus its doing the rounds that we've gone back in with a 7 million € deal for the lad monie from Montpellier.

Arthur

Quote from: twang on August 04, 2016, 08:45:16 AM
According to L'Équipe we've returned with an improved €5m offer (excluding add-ons) for Steve Mounié, after our €3m bid was rejected out of hand.

Quote from: Chutney on August 04, 2016, 08:51:09 AM
That is a lot of money for someone that only scored 11 in ligue 2 last season

Perhaps the Club has cottoned on to the fact that, if we negotiate a fee under £4M, there are those on here who will immediately label him a 'bargain-bucket signing' and accuse Khan of penny-pinching. But if, however, we pay something like £5M or, better still, £6M for that same player, the detractors will be satisfied.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 04, 2016, 10:43:17 AM

Do you therefore think that when Ross returns to the Cottage with Villa, some Fulham supporters will chant the same as Leeds supporters did when they played here, "Whose a greedy b@st@rd".

Possibly. We will see how the mood changes over the next few days. It will depend on whether supporters think that this is a sound career move or just a sideways move for money. It may also depend on where the two clubs are at the time and how successful our replacements turn out to be.

filham

Can't remember us selling a top player and then using the transfer money wisely on good replacements. Let us hope times have changed and Jocanovic has someone really good in mind to replace Ross.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Statto on August 04, 2016, 11:10:50 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on July 26, 2016, 10:12:19 PM
I think so many of you are hoping we allow Ross to leave that you are desperate enough to make up anything from.. Well anything !
Crazy supporters gone mad

Couldn't resist bringing this chestnut up ^^^^

IMO £12-14m is very good business and arguably in the realm of offers you just can't refuse

This issue now as we've already discussed at length is whether the £12-14m (and all the other money swishing around our current account) will be used to complete the job of building a top 6 team

Unfortunately we've already missed the first target which must have been to build that team before the start of the season
Well according to many on here he was gone to Norwich weeks back!
OK so Fulham have sold our best player - lets see what we get as a replacement and then see if we are so smug!

westcliff white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 04, 2016, 08:20:47 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2016, 07:47:35 AM
Jamie O'hara at San Jose Earthquakes.

Not a very attractive name - who would want to play somewhere where the local team is called earthquakes
George Best played there so probably the best player j ever saw thought it was a good place to go and play
Every day is a Fulham day

alexmur

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 04, 2016, 10:43:17 AM

[/quote]
I think we should use a  McDonald's chant "mccontract, mmmm , he's loving it"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk