more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David I

Quote from: Ron91 on August 05, 2016, 10:09:26 AM
A nice message from former Fulham striker Erik Nevland! His goal against Birmingham will forever be in my memory.

Erik Nevland ‏@ErikNevland  13m13 minutes ago
Looking forward to the new season. All the best @FulhamFC  let this be a year to remember⚽️ #COYW

When I saw the start of this post for a second I had thought we were looking to sign Nevland!

spikey norman

One of the other Fulham forums saying we have had a bid of £8 million for Vydra turned down.
Watford want £10 million

fulhamben

Quote from: spikey norman on August 05, 2016, 01:08:40 PM
One of the other Fulham forums saying we have had a bid of £8 million for Vydra turned down.
Watford want £10 million
10 million for a player who score 3 in 31 last season, I wouldn't have even offered 8. Mist be able to do better for that kind of money
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

The money being asked is all gone silly.
68 million Lukaku..Stones 50 million...As for Pogba dont get me
started there.
Even Ross is high between 2 Championship clubs.
Nowt really we can do about it Im afraid.

Jamie88

Problem is now other clubs know we have money and are desperate for a striker so they can ask for more than they would usually

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2016, 01:23:03 PM
started there.
well we could set our fields further apart for a start. Could get a couple of half decent players off the continent for ten mil

JoelH5

Quote from: fulhamben on August 05, 2016, 01:27:51 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2016, 01:23:03 PM
started there.
well we could set our fields further apart for a start. Could get a couple of half decent players off the continent for ten mil

Exactly. Players who want to get into the English leagues
I was there, standing in the Putney end

fulhamben

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 05, 2016, 01:27:44 PM
Problem is now other clubs know we have money and are desperate for a striker so they can ask for more than they would usually
all our good players seem to have stupid buy out clauses, must be the same for other clubs around the world. Need to get on the blower to more agents and find out who we can get for what

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on August 05, 2016, 01:15:47 PM
Watford want £10 million
10 million for a player who score 3 in 31 last season, I wouldn't have even offered 8. Mist be able to do better for that kind of money

Last season was a blip for Matej, didnt get the service needed, played out of position and many Reading fans still rate him highly as his overall play was good. He scored 6 in 4 in the cup which many people leave out when talking about last season. He played at Reading with massive pressure (He was their record signing even tho he was only a loan, and many thought he would guarantee promotion, so some fans and pundits were very quick to get on his back.)
He has had 2 prolific seasons in the champ with Watford (16 and 20) and is a very pacy player that I think would fit right in here. Also Slavisa knows how to get the best out of him.
I think he would have been/ is one of the first names on Slavisas shortlist when it comes to strikers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkg_Y_QkZkY      Watch this if you want to find out more about him, all his goals under Slavisa for Watford. Some great finishes here.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on August 05, 2016, 01:36:17 PM
Watford want £10 million

Last season was a blip for Matej, didnt get the service needed and many Reading fans still rate him highly as his overall play was good. He scored 6 in 4 in the cup which many people leave out when talking about last season. He played at Reading with massive pressure (He was their record signing even tho he was only a loan, and many thought he would guarantee promotion, so some fans and pundits were very quick to get on his back.)
He has had 2 prolific seasons in the champ with Watford (16 and 20) and is a very pacy player that I think would fit right in here. Also Slavisa knows how to get the best out of him.
I think he would have been/ is one of the first names on Slavisas shortlist when it comes to strikers.
fair play, goes some way to explaining his price.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on August 05, 2016, 01:42:17 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 05, 2016, 01:36:17 PM
Watford want £10 million

Last season was a blip for Matej, didnt get the service needed and many Reading fans still rate him highly as his overall play was good. He scored 6 in 4 in the cup which many people leave out when talking about last season. He played at Reading with massive pressure (He was their record signing even tho he was only a loan, and many thought he would guarantee promotion, so some fans and pundits were very quick to get on his back.)
fair play, goes some way to explaining his price.

Not worth 10 million though and Im his biggest fan, Think original bid of 8 was generous and hes worth around 6/7, but cant be any other clubs that would bid higher than 7 so dont think we should.
Also another key point in his failed spell at Reading (According to twitter page talk reading) was the style of play, Vydra likes to run in behind defences but Reading often punted long balls to him, which isnt his game.

Its a hard one, Now clubs know we have Mccormack money we will always overpay no matter who we get.
STH H3

spikey norman

Joleon Lescott available on a free.
Is he someone we should consider?

Woolly Mammoth

I feel everyone should be considered at the moment. It may depend on Lescotts Wage Demands, but it's a thought. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hopper

Quote from: spikey norman on August 05, 2016, 01:59:15 PM
Joleon Lescott available on a free.
Is he someone we should consider?

Sounds like part of the problem in what was a disgracefully poor side. That car tweet will go down in history too...

We want to build up a good atmosphere so I would sweve

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on August 05, 2016, 01:31:11 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on August 05, 2016, 01:27:44 PM
all our good players seem to have stupid buy out clauses, must be the same for other clubs around the world. Need to get on the blower to more agents and find out who we can get for what

Heard an agent talking on the radio earlier in the week who said that Buy out Clauses were the norm on the Continent and South America and were only a recent thing in England.

Mince n Tatties

What happened to the exotic named pair who
were supposedly flying in for medicals yesterday, gone
Quiet there.
I think there aint half some bullsh** talked on here...lol
Yes I know I do sometimes.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
Quiet there.

Maybe we don't want to announce anything on a match day - could be a distraction

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2016, 02:51:26 PM
Quiet there.
to be fair, alot of people on twitter from Spanish press have said jozabed deal is done. 4 mil 3 year contract

westcliff white

Jozabed will be announced once all registrations have been completed.

Vydra is worth 5 million at best, he has gone right off the boil last 12/18 months.
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

We really don't want to get drawn in to paying a stupidly large fee for an average player.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope