more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 2016 Official Silly Summer Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 04, 2016, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 07, 2016, 08:32:57 AM
Marca said Jozabed was a done deal but a few worrying reports on Twitter now that there may have been problems with the medical.
Sounds plausible as he was over here on Wednesday, you'd of thought it would've been tied up by now. Others saying its a just a hold up due to international clearance?
doubt he would have sat in the cottage (if it was him) if he had failed his medical
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Nero

Lighthouse

Mounie is stalling and wants to stay in France. Fulham may have to look elsewhere if true.- French media.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Marca said Jozabed was a done deal but a few worrying reports on Twitter now that there may have been problems with the medical.
Sounds plausible as he was over here on Wednesday, you'd of thought it would've been tied up by now. Others saying its a just a hold up due to international clearance?

What 'International clearance' is necessary for a Spanish-born Spaniard coming from a Spanish club? We've not Brexited yet.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 07, 2016, 10:22:02 AM
Mounie is stalling and wants to stay in France. Fulham may have to look elsewhere if true.- French media.

No great loss - with Ross money we can get someone better

b+w geezer

Quote from: cmg on August 07, 2016, 10:36:26 AM
What 'International clearance' is necessary for a Spanish-born Spaniard coming from a Spanish club? We've not Brexited yet.
It's a FIFA,  not  EU thing. Explained at www.thefa.com
In accordance with FIFA Regulations, international clearance is required for any player over the age of 10 who is seeking to register for a club in England and has previously been registered for a club abroad (including the other Home Associations), or who is a foreign national seeking to register for the first time in this country.

You would think it would not take very long in the modern world, but it does sometimes seem to.

cmg

Quote from: b+w geezer on August 07, 2016, 11:20:59 AM
Quote from: cmg on August 07, 2016, 10:36:26 AM
It's a FIFA,  not  EU thing. Explained at www.thefa.com
In accordance with FIFA Regulations, international clearance is required for any player over the age of 10 who is seeking to register for a club in England and has previously been registered for a club abroad (including the other Home Associations), or who is a foreign national seeking to register for the first time in this country.

You would think it would not take very long in the modern world, but it does sometimes seem to.

Ta!

westcliff white

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2016, 11:07:20 AM
Not particularly hot on Mounie but there does need to be a sense of urgency in our search for a striker. It was clear even in a very good performance against newcastle that with matt smith up front we are reliant on cheap goals. It's quite criminal how we've been allowed to start the season in this position.

With regard to CBs looking at our fixtures I can see Madl and Kalas handling beckford perhaps but a better test will be a big boy like chris wood when we play leeds (16th) or zorhore and gounongbe when we play cardiff (20th). IMO we want a strong CB stepping in for one of those games

you'd hope mackintosh and rigg are looking at the games ahead of us and thinking the same thing but you can bet a pound to a penny they'll drag each signing out to deadline day if it saves £250k

Mounie has the potential to be dynamite, personally for me if the budget stretches we should go for two strikers and take a risk in him hitting the ground. But only if the budget stretches, for me a better option than Vydta who has been pony the last 18 months
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

Quote from: westcliff white on August 07, 2016, 12:43:16 PM
Not particularly hot on Mounie but there does need to be a sense of urgency in our search for a striker. It was clear even in a very good performance against newcastle that with matt smith up front we are reliant on cheap goals. It's quite criminal how we've been allowed to start the season in this position.

With regard to CBs looking at our fixtures I can see Madl and Kalas handling beckford perhaps but a better test will be a big boy like chris wood when we play leeds (16th) or zorhore and gounongbe when we play cardiff (20th). IMO we want a strong CB stepping in for one of those games

you'd hope mackintosh and rigg are looking at the games ahead of us and thinking the same thing but you can bet a pound to a penny they'll drag each signing out to deadline day if it saves £250k

Mounie has the potential to be dynamite, personally for me if the budget stretches we should go for two strikers and take a risk in him hitting the ground. But only if the budget stretches, for me a better option than Vydta who has been pony the last 18 months

Only 1 bad season (10 months) at Reading, Which he still scored 9 goals in... and many Reading fans have said given the chance they would resign him. More to a striker than just his record. 
STH H3

dannyboi-ffc

Aluko has a poor record for goals but does anyone regret him? Is Vydra even an out and out striker? For some reason I imagine he'd play in the 3 behind a striker?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Arthur

This may be the reason why we haven't added a striker to the squad, but it's not the only reason; there are several other possibilities:

• We may be negotiating not merely to save £250k, but £2-3M.
  • The player concerned may be interesting other clubs and has told us that he wants to see what other offers materialise before committing to join us.
  • The club from whom we are trying to buy may not want to sell until or unless it has the player it wants on board.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Club could, by now, have purchased a striker-or-two, but of what quality? It may consider that, in biding its time, it stands a chance of bringing in somebody of a significantly higher calibre towards the end of the window. Yes, there is an element of risk. (Last season, the attempt to sign Dunk was a rare example made public of the Club pursuing its prime target over a number of weeks. In that instance, of course, we lost out.)

I (like many others, I'm sure) wish I knew exactly whom we have pursued this summer and the endeavour that has been made to sign those players. If I did, I might be saying to all and sundry that Khan and Rigg have let down the manager and the supporters alike, owing to a lack of urgency, realism, ambition, whatever. But I don't know this, and nor, as far as I am aware, does anybody else.

I understand that people will have their opinions as to why the Club has yet to sign the number of players that the manager needs. You have, on more than one occasion, implied that Khan and/or Rigg must be culpable with your remark: 'it's not rocket science'. No, it isn't. Then again, nor is house-buying: we can all do it, but that doesn't mean that everybody always gets the property they want in the time-span they imagine.

Personally, when the Club is criticised and that criticism chooses to discount or overlook less-critical possibilities that are just as likely, I find that I want to defend 'my' Club. Why wouldn't anyone?

f321ffc

Someone on Twitter saying he trained today and announcement tomorrow.
DSTM
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

cmg

Quote from: f321ffc on August 07, 2016, 03:56:17 PM
DSTM

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow, creeps in this petty pace to the last syllable of recorded time..."

(Tommy Trinder, I think or it might have been that other great Englishman of letters)

Barrett487

DSTM

I saw a similar thing on Twitter, probably the same one, but that was a couple of days ago. How many chicken/egg counts are you up to? Hopefully it'll be announced when you say.

f321ffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 07, 2016, 04:05:48 PM
DSTM

I saw a similar thing on Twitter, probably the same one, but that was a couple of days ago. How many chicken/egg counts are you up to? Hopefully it'll be announced when you say.
Tweet from two hours ago.
Paul Chadwick‏ @Chadlick83
Jozabed trained today #FFC #COYW
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

cookieg

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2016, 03:24:10 PM
Quote from: Arthur on August 07, 2016, 02:58:51 PM
This may be the reason why we haven't added a striker to the squad, but it's not the only reason; there are several other possibilities....
Of course there are in infinite number of possibilities. But 90% of them will essentially be about us not offering enough money, no matter how people try to dress them up as something more complex. In the other 10% of cases maybe the selling club/player genuinely aren't playing ball but those cases you identify quickly, walk away and look at other options instead.   

Quote from: Arthur on August 07, 2016, 02:58:51 PM
It may consider that, in biding its time, it stands a chance of bringing in somebody of a significantly higher calibre towards the end of the window.
Fine if they're hugely better. But more than 10% of the season happens before transfer deadline day. So if you get someone 10% better (or 10% cheaper for that matter) you haven't benefited by waiting.

I'll leave it to others to go through the other cliches but to get the ball rolling...
- other clubs manage to sign players before the season starts
- we don't seem to have had a problem selling players before the season starts
etc etc...

Unfortunately we have all seen what happens when we throw money at a club to sign a player so maybe they are thinking carefully about spending big again.

Mince n Tatties

Arthur

But 90% of them will essentially be about us not offering enough money, no matter how people try to dress them up as something more complex.

I would agree to the extent that (to return to my analogy), if someone turned up on my doorstep this evening and offered me double what my house is worth, I'd be gone by tomorrow morning if that's what he wanted.

Otherwise, I don't accept that the overwhelming majority of deals (you've picked a figure of 90%) fall into this category. The Club is highly unlikely to uncover someone who has the ability to score 20-goals-a-season in the Championship who is not on the radar of other clubs, a number of whom will be at least as well-placed as us.

And even in the lower (albeit, I agree, not inconsiderable) number of instances where money is the sole issue, you have claimed that Khan/Rigg will back away from a signing for the sake of £250k. I'm saying that I think it's far more likely that clubs are asking for fees somewhat more than any buying club would be sensible to pay (e.g. the rumour that Watford want £10M for Vydra).

Fine if they're hugely better. But more than 10% of the season happens before transfer deadline day. So if you get someone 10% better (or 10% cheaper for that matter) you haven't benefited by waiting.

The only straightforward way in which I can relate to your measuring a striker to be 10% better than another is through the number of goals and assists that he contributes (although even this is over simplified).

In other words, a player who will score 22 goals and has 11 assists in a season is 10% better than a player who can bag 20 goals and has 10 assists to his name.

To be honest, I would be surprised - astonished even - if I found out that the Club had had the opportunity to bring a striker who is capable of the latter, but is gambling on landing one who can do the former nearer to the deadline day.

I'll leave it to others to go through the other cliches but to get the ball rolling...
- other clubs manage to sign players before the season starts
- we don't seem to have had a problem selling players before the season starts
etc etc...

Some do, some don't. Derby, I saw last night, have signed no one, whereas McCormack's circumstances are likely be somewhat different from any striker that we are seeking to buy.

My reasoning here is that while both comments may or may not be valid, neither negates the points that I have made.

Mince n Tatties

Talkadoodle saying Fulham renewing interest in
Hibernian striker Jason Cummings, along with Ipswich.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 07, 2016, 05:12:59 PM
Talkadoodle saying Fulham renewing interest in
Hibernian striker Jason Cummings, along with Ipswich.

Signed a new 4 year deal last month